Hurricane Ian

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Selassie:
There are a lot of posters sending you, your loved-ones, and neighbors their best thoughts, hopes and wishes; including wishing we could do more.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope everyone is ok but please spare me a thought seeing my bonus evaporate in front of my eyes (terrible thing to say I know).

Psycho_X

Legend
Meanwhile down in Miami...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Only in Florida ‍♂️ <a href="https://t.co/BM3GAiINlD">pic.twitter.com/BM3GAiINlD</a></p>&mdash; Daily Loud (@DailyLoud) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1575246723613532160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">September 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Evaculation?

Glad it sounds like everyone is at least safe from the storm. Unreal what I've seen so far. I know someone who has a place in Naples and they said it is gone. That storm surge was unreal.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well... just powered up a generator since the damn power still isn't on. Many of my friends have power so I was hoping mine would come back too... but I couldn't wait any longer.

Had to power up both of my saltwater tanks. They can only go so long with battery operated bubblers.

Got all 3 fridges and my portable AC unit on. It was getting very sticky and hot.

Still getting feeder band rains and wind gusts... but it is finally slowing.

The flood waters are going down now too. My entire yard was flooded. There was like 20" of rain. No damage to the house from the flooding. My fence took some damage though. Just crazy amounts of water.

The flooding is insanity on the east coast Beaches... and the rain is still dumping on them heavy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Glad your safe Selassie. Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones with minimal damage. I've seen the videos and pictures of the devastation. Unreal. And now it looks like it might return to hurricane status and hit South Carolina and Georgia. Prayers for anyone impacted by this.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Flagler Tavern... a popular bar in New Smyrna Beach. This was a few minutes ago and this place is blocks away from the ocean. Crazy.

All of our friends over there have their entire houses flooded.

IMG_3177.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks for sharing all your updates guys. Keep ‘em coming.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mom told me we had minor damage to the rear of our home, but neither oak including the big one I didn’t get to get trimmed survived without any damage.

now just trying to get home… booked hotels and had to pay in advance so we won’t be home until Monday.

lots of positives coming from this trip, even as this hurricane gave me grey hairs…

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mom told me we had minor damage to the rear of our home, but neither oak including the big one I didn’t get to get trimmed survived without any damage.

now just trying to get home… booked hotels and had to pay in advance so we won’t be home until Monday.

lots of positives coming from this trip, even as this hurricane gave me grey hairs…
Keep us posted Mac. I admire your outlook. We all need more of that kind of thinking in life.

Monday seems a LONG way away.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Thanks to everyone for their concern, especially my Brother @SWAdude Yeah, we got clobbered pretty good. We had that leading wall on us for hours in North Port/Port Charlotte (we're right on the border of the 2). It sure seemed like that fucker parked right on top of us. It was about 7 hours of heavy wind and rain. Our street was flooded up into our driveway. Think we got somewhere between 15-20" in that 7 hours. We specifically bought 5 miles inland from the nearest large boy (The Peace River) and not in a flood zone, we're at 26', and I was till worried about the massive rains. We have a brand new generator and a electrician buddy finally was able to come yesterday and hard wired it into the breaker box. I started with about 25 gallons of gas. When that's gone it's time to start robbing from our 30-40 gallons in the boat.

As far as water for the toilets we filled up the bathtub prior to the storm and when that's gone it will be pool water. As far as water we're on well water and septic so we need that power back for the well pump. Not sure if the storm does anything to the water table (our well) that we need to be thinking about?

Damage was blessedly minimal, roof damage (maybe a small leak and were trying to get it tarped) and lots of roof shingles in our yard. Tree branch fell on our car creasing the hood, storage shed got thrashed as well as a privacy trellis. the debris across our outside was epic, the empty lots around us, which looked like nice lush jungle, now looks like something from an Iwo Jima jungle after an artillery barrage. Amazingly our 18 year old pool cage survived, not one ripped screen. Just lost one support crossbar which fell into the pool, which also has lots of dirt in it.

God knows when we'll get power back but we're good on water for now. In the grand scheme of things we were very fortunate compared to others in the coastal areas that had the devastating surge. All we can do is praise God for protecting us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks to everyone for their concern, especially my Brother @SWAdude Yeah, we got clobbered pretty good. We had that leading wall on us for hours in North Port/Port Charlotte (we're right on the border of the 2). It sure seemed like that fucker parked right on top of us. It was about 7 hours of heavy wind and rain. Our street was flooded up into our driveway. Think we got somewhere between 15-20" in that 7 hours. We specifically bought 5 miles inland from the nearest large boy (The Peace River) and not in a flood zone, we're at 26', and I was till worried about the massive rains. We have a brand new generator and a electrician buddy finally was able to come yesterday and hard wired it into the breaker box. I started with about 25 gallons of gas. When that's gone it's time to start robbing from our 30-40 gallons in the boat.

As far as water for the toilets we filled up the bathtub prior to the storm and when that's gone it will be pool water. As far as water we're on well water and septic so we need that power back for the well pump. Not sure if the storm does anything to the water table (our well) that we need to be thinking about?

Damage was blessedly minimal, roof damage (maybe a small leak and were trying to get it tarped) and lots of roof shingles in our yard. Tree branch fell on our car creasing the hood, storage shed got thrashed as well as a privacy trellis. the debris across our outside was epic, the empty lots around us, which looked like nice lush jungle, now looks like something from an Iwo Jima jungle after an artillery barrage. Amazingly our 18 year old pool cage survived, not one ripped screen. Just lost one support crossbar which fell into the pool, which also has lots of dirt in it.

God knows when we'll get power back but we're good on water for now. In the grand scheme of things we were very fortunate compared to others in the coastal areas that had the devastating surge. All we can do is praise God for protecting us.
Good to hear you're ok. What a nightmare to deal with. Cheers.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

That was a hell of a way to pop your hurricane cherry Brudda. That fucker was something else.

Was worried about you... great to hear you guys are good.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
That was a hell of a way to pop your hurricane cherry Brudda. That fucker was something else.

Was worried about you... great to hear you guys are good.
I guess the upside is I know now what a bad one right in our nutz feels like!