Huge test today for Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Without the threat of the run Goff is not a good QB. Thats not saying hes bad. But he cant drop back and pass 40 times a game against good defenses. McVay should know that by now. Brady needed hand holding too up until his 5th year. Brady was primarily a “game manager” and relied heavily on his defense and running game early on. Goff was great at those same things in 17/18. He’s just not ready to be Dan Marino yet.
I think Goff could easily pass 40 times a game. Put him behind an OL that can pass block when a defense knows the pass is coming, like that of the Pats, and he'd rip a defense to shreds. Even a good one.

The problem is the line. Rams rolled the dice and figured by season's end they'd be in the mix with a young line that is coming together for the playoffs. They lost. So now all the naysayers can swoop in and act like Jared Goff is a JAG QB. I mean now's the time to jump on that bandwagon and have at it. But you're gonna be wrong once this line gets fixed.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just read an article about Goff's stats the last 16 games . Woof
I'm too lazy to post it all , but feel free if you come across it .

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I just read an article about Goff's stats the last 16 games . Woof
I'm too lazy to post it all , but feel free if you come across it .

Something like twice as many turnovers as TD's and a QB rating in the mid 70's. I believe he had 16 TD and 16 INT's to go with 16 fumbles. Or something pretty close to that. It would be a pretty poor season for any quarterback.

Capitaino

UDFA
That's one of the worst hot takes I've seen in a while.

Nothing hot about it. It doesn't mean take a QB high in the draft. But even the Patriots have spent picks on QBs knowing they have Brady.

Again, at some point all the Goff defenders (or I should say QB defenders because it's the same people that make excuses for Bradford, doing the same for Goff) simply need to look at the stats and the salary, and realize that player is not going to make this Rams team a winner.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no pocket presence....no feel....

but tough as hell.....

Haha, what pocket?

The oline has totally screwed his internal clock. Even when he has time he's rushing throws and making bad decisions.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Florio called him Country Club Goff. Dave Richards of CBS said when you get inside pressure on Goff he goes “Oh no! Oh no! Then he throws the ball to the other team.”

That’s a common narrative out there on Goff right now. It may be sloppy and lack context, but you can see where it came from. When Goff has faced strong defensive fronts like Chicago, Denver, Philly, NE, and just recently SF, Goff has struggled, often turning the ball over. Yet, he often looks super when he faces weak fronts. They go on to say, when Goff plays in cold weather, he also has problems. Hence, the Florio label of Country Club Goff.

Today Goff will face a strong defensive front, in a hostile, chilly, and possibly windy, environment. Not your typical country club atmosphere. This is a huge test for him. I’m rooting hard for him to shut up the naysayers.

I don't put any stock in what FOOLio says about anything, least of all Goff.