Huge test today for Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Florio called him Country Club Goff. Dave Richards of CBS said when you get inside pressure on Goff he goes “Oh no! Oh no! Then he throws the ball to the other team.”

That’s a common narrative out there on Goff right now. It may be sloppy and lack context, but you can see where it came from. When Goff has faced strong defensive fronts like Chicago, Denver, Philly, NE, and just recently SF, Goff has struggled, often turning the ball over. Yet, he often looks super when he faces weak fronts. They go on to say, when Goff plays in cold weather, he also has problems. Hence, the Florio label of Country Club Goff.

Today Goff will face a strong defensive front, in a hostile, chilly, and possibly windy, environment. Not your typical country club atmosphere. This is a huge test for him. I’m rooting hard for him to shut up the naysayers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“Huge test today for Rams”.

But, people sure like to talk QB’s. I get it.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
“Huge test today for Rams”.

But, people sure like to talk QB’s. I get it.

The NFL has crafted the rules to magnify the importance of the QB. By a huge factor, the QB outweighs every position on the team. Take any other player off the Seahawks, besides Wilson, and they're still a winning team. Take Wilson away and they win 4 games.

The Rams go nowhere unless Goff plays well in games like today. If he doesn’t at least play better than Rudolph, we’ve got a big problem.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Florio called him Country Club Goff. Dave Richards of CBS said when you get inside pressure on Goff he goes “Oh no! Oh no! Then he throws the ball to the other team.”

That’s a common narrative out there on Goff right now. It may be sloppy and lack context, but you can see where it came from. When Goff has faced strong defensive fronts like Chicago, Denver, Philly, NE, and just recently SF, Goff has struggled, often turning the ball over. Yet, he often looks super when he faces weak fronts. They go on to say, when Goff plays in cold weather, he also has problems. Hence, the Florio label of Country Club Goff.

Today Goff will face a strong defensive front, in a hostile, chilly, and possibly windy, environment. Not your typical country club atmosphere. This is a huge test for him. I’m rooting hard for him to shut up the naysayers.
Ehh whatever. The hate Goff gets used to bother me, but it just doesn’t anymore. Hopefully the Rams can take care of business in Pittsburgh, and Goff has a good game. While he hasn’t played amazing the last 2 weeks, he hasn’t turned the ball over. All Goff can do is improve week by week while the team keeps winning. That’s all that matters to me.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ehh whatever. The hate Goff gets used to bother me, but it just doesn’t anymore. Hopefully the Rams can take care of business in Pittsburgh, and Goff has a good game. While he hasn’t played amazing the last 2 weeks, he hasn’t turned the ball over. All Goff can do is improve week by week while the team keeps winning. That’s all that matters to me.

Yes, he hasn’t turned the ball over the last 2 games. But, those were not strong defensive fronts. Pittsburgh is another animal. This game is a great opportunity for Goff.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Yes, he hasn’t turned the ball over the last 2 games. But, those were not strong defensive fronts. Pittsburgh is another animal. This game is a great opportunity for Goff.
Agreed. My post acknowledges they weren’t strong performances, and Goff should have had a couple of turnovers. I would like to see Goff running the no huddle offense more often. He seems to be performing his best in those situations. Sprinkle in some 12 personnel to help Goff get in a groove. Maybe these things can help counter stronger defensive fronts.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

You make it seem like Goff will change the narrative by playing well in this game....
...but the reality is the Goff doubters will simply move the bar and continue with their agenda.

I stopped caring about what the Goff doubters say a while ago.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Troy Aikman once said he couldn’t throw a wet ball. Tom Brady doesn’t like hard balls. Brett Favre could throw a ball no matter the weather conditions. QBs are all different. I Guess I do worry about Jared somewhat. He hasn’t had great games in the coldest of conditions that I can remember. But that doesn’t keep me from rooting for him. I hope he shows us all how good he can be in the cold AND the wet when required. Go Rams. I expect a low scoring game btw.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

And the offensive line as well, they must keep Goff clean.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
"Country Club" threw for 4 TDs and had a 118 rating in a Rams win in 2017 at Tennessee in 39 degree weather.

If the OL holds up and is in sync the rest will take care of itself. Pittsburgh's QB is in for some trouble. This looks like a Rams win to me.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Florio called him Country Club Goff.

Yet, he often looks super when he faces weak fronts. They go on to say, when Goff plays in cold weather, he also has problems. Hence, the Florio label of Country Club Goff.

Los-Angeles-Country-Club-logo.jpg

324beac3361d1a41f9b64f44e7846be5.jpg

Photo2_1569268735676-HR.jpg

scott.gif

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now at my house the wind is blowing 20mph plus . That could be a test for everyone if it doesn't die down .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You make it seem like Goff will change the narrative by playing well in this game....
...but the reality is the Goff doubters will simply move the bar and continue with their agenda.

I stopped caring about what the Goff doubters say a while ago.
^This.

Truth is he's a young QB who is developing. A young QB who has the talent, the coaching, and many of the pieces around him. Can't we just enjoy watching him develop?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
As long as the rams win it doesn't matter what the goff haters say.
Just win.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jared "The System" Goff is going to shock the so-called experts. Knowing Florio, though, he'll probably move the goalposts.