How Many Wrs In This Draft Are Potentially Better Than Rams Wrs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ditto. If in doubt... Pass.

I'm not in doubt. Big, deep speed, physical, uses his body well, strong hands and ability to high-point the ball...Evans will be a productive NFL WR.

Alan

Legend
I don't know dog, are we comparing them to our WRS or comparing their potential. Potential is subjective for both groups. We all think we know what the college kids bring to the table and he all think we know what the WRS on the Rams potentially bring to the table.

In my opinion I think only Quick has the POTENTIAL to be better than the college receivers on that list. Givens is an enigma. Pettis is Pettis and I think that in the end, Bailey will be limited by his body.

That's my take anyway.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I really don't think it would be wrong to go after one of the top WRs in this draft in the 1st round or wait until the 2nd or 3rd and get a guy that may be better than most of what is on the roster or not draft one at all. I think the Rams are at the point at WR that there is much leeway. I wouldn't even mind picking up a Cody Haufman in the 6th or 7th for some camp competition.

…..

Legend
are there any recievers in the draft that can play LT, RG, Safety and corner?

Lets draft that guy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I also really only want Watkins. Quick could still prove to be better than any of the WR's mentioned under Watkins. Quick could have a very nice season next year. This is how I see it potentially shaping up...

1A (Trade back and pick up a second rounder from the Browns... hopefully we get two ones) Watkins
1B Robinson
2A OG
2B CB
3 FS
4 Center
5 QB
6 OG
7 RB

Something like that...

RFIP

Tavon aside, cause I consider him more of an all purpose weapon and not a pure WR, I'm thinking there are at least 8 WRs better than Givens, Pettis, Bailey, and Quick.

Waktins
Evans
Lee
Benjamin
Robinson
Beckham
Cooks
Matthews

Every time I do one of those mock drafts I see a great WR prospects on the board right up to and including our 2nd round pick. Makes me think twice about taking Watkins with our first pick even in a trade down.

I think it may be better to get Matthews or Robinson with the first pick and then a WR with the next pick or the one after that.

Better? Time will tell us that.

How many would I rather HAVE?

If I could have Watkins, Evans and Robinson to go with Austin, Bailey and....hmmm...probably Pettis..nah, screw that, give me Lee to replace Pettis and I'm good.

Man how could it be that after all this screwing around with our wr's the best 2 we have are Tavon and Stedman? Twon damn rookies...smh.

Givens? Major regression.
Quick? Dumb as a stump.
Pettis? I actually like this guy but probably a #4 @ best.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah, now Bailey is Isaac Bruce. Here we go.

Why is that any more outlandish than you claiming that no less than EIGHT guys are better than anyone, given they haven't played a down of professional football? You seem to want to downgrade Bailey based on his draft slot, but want to make a case for guys who haven't even been drafted yet.

I'm sure if you go back and watch highlight reels of ANY of the Rams WRs from their college days, they would have looked a whole lot more impressive than they have lived up thus far. Heck Austin Pettis looked off the charts at Boise St. And yet.......

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I'm not in doubt. Big, deep speed, physical, uses his body well, strong hands and ability to high-point the ball...Evans will be a productive NFL WR.
Evans does have exceptionally strong hands probably in part due to his size. My concern is he does not have explosive speed and does not run clean smooth routes.
Lee is far superior with the ball and getting open to get the ball BUT he does not have Evans hands. That is not saying his hands are not good Evans are just better.
I do not want another receiver that is not good running routes and doesn't have elusive speed.

…..

Legend
I don't know dog, are we comparing them to our WRS or comparing their potential. Potential is subjective for both groups. We all think we know what the college kids bring to the table and he all think we know what the WRS on the Rams potentially bring to the table.

In my opinion I think only Quick has the POTENTIAL to be better than the college receivers on that list. Givens is an enigma. Pettis is Pettis and I think that in the end, Bailey will be limited by his body.

That's my take anyway.

My opinion is that everyone has potential to be amazing....and conversely, these highly sought after, and well thought of Recievers in the draft can turn into turds.

So in my mind, Givens, Quick, and Bailey have just as much a chance at greatness as any reciever in the draft.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think you can really compare a lot of receivers. Someone like Bailey is totally different from Givens, who is totally different from Quick, who is totally different from Austin, etc etc.

Alan

Legend
Dog with his version:
My opinion is that everyone has potential to be amazing....and conversely, these highly sought after, and well thought of Receivers in the draft can turn into turds.

So in my mind, Givens, Quick, and Bailey have just as much a chance at greatness as any receiver in the draft.
Can't argue with that Dog.

Does that mean you have no opinion of any of the potential draftees? Cause if you do, aren't you basing that opinion on what you see as their potential? When you talk about wanting to keep one of our up and coming players aren't you basing that on their potential?

Just saying.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Evans does have exceptionally strong hands probably in part due to his size. My concern is he does not have explosive speed and does not run clean smooth routes.
Lee is far superior with the ball and getting open to get the ball BUT he does not have Evans hands. That is not saying his hands are not good Evans are just better.
I do not want another receiver that is not good running routes and doesn't have elusive speed.

Lee's hands are not good.

Evans has build up speed...which is just as dangerous on deep routes. Evans is a lot like Alshon Jeffery. Deceptive speed, makes tough catches in traffic and uses his big body well. He doesn't need elusiveness. And route running isn't as important to his game. Although he does need to improve in that regard.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Lee's hands are not good. Inacurate

Evans has build up speed...which is just as dangerous on deep routes. Evans is a lot like Alshon Jeffery. Deceptive speed, makes tough catches in traffic and uses his big body well. He doesn't need elusiveness. And route running isn't as important to his game. Although he does need to improve in that regard.
I disagree, but we will see, for our sake I hope the guy we draft turns out great. We will draft a wr maybe not at the top but we will draft 1

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree, but we will see, for our sake I hope the guy we draft turns out great. We will draft a wr maybe not at the top but we will draft 1

12% drop rate is horrible. For reference, Mike Evans had a 3.5% drop rate.

Lee also has a nasty habit of body-catching.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

12% drop rate is horrible. For reference, Mike Evans had a 3.5% drop rate.

Lee also has a nasty habit of body-catching.

and a nastier habit of chewing up defenses and taking the ball to the house from ANYWHERE.
P.S route running is kinda important in the NFL

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and a nastier habit of chewing up defenses and taking the ball to the house from ANYWHERE.
P.S route running is kinda important in the NFL

In college. And that has nothing to do with his hands.

P.S. I'm quite aware. But it's not as important for big bodied WRs.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Jrry32 said In college. And that has nothing to do with his hands. I wasn't trying to say Lee was a TD machine because of his hands. All these guys will enter the NFL with the need to improve at their weakness very few are NFL ready right out of the draft.
Ball catching technique route running can be taught. Speed can't, there are a lot of wr's in the draft that intrigue me I hope we get a good one. My like of Lee comes from familiarity with Lee being a So. Cal kid and now with him dropping because of injury and a bad QB situation you may be able to get a steal. Whereas I believe that Evans ascent is a little inflated. EX: Purifoy was #1 CB a couple months ago now he is barely top 10 I would love to get value like that later.
Always fun talking football with the boys on the board. Go Rams

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Flattens out"? That would imply he had a spike no?
In two years? I'd say he's trending up right now.

He's doubled his snap total from 2012.
Doubled his yardage.
Upped his yards/reception by 2.5 yards per.
Upped his catch percentage by 13%

Everyone knows it's going to take him some time to get it, because everyone associated with his development warned us head of time that it would. Fisher, Snead, Sherman. They all said it was going to require patience.

Is this someone you'd give up on after his third year or call 'dumb as a stump'?

us87.png

That's Vincent Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator: