How long can the referees keep it up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to disagree with popular opinion here. What about the actions of the players? Why are we getting mad at the Ref's? ....for doing their job?
The players actions are what is extending the game and creating the delays ; they are breaking the rules o the game. Let's hold the players accountable.

When the Rams lost to the Patriots in the Superbowl, I think most everyone grew a strong hatred of the Pqtriots for cheating. However, I got mad at the officials and the league for turning the other way.

So, if I understand the group opinion correctly, people are fine with the Seahawks secondary holding Ram receivers in a regular season game due to the expediency of the game??
No but calling the game correctly as DIDN'T happen in that superbowl and not looking for BS calls so that they can be an integral part of the game would be refreshing. I don't know when it happened but the refs seem to think the fans are there to see them and have made their presence known more and more over the years. Call a game even handed, let them play FOOTBALL, and try NOT to be the star of the game.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Reading coach O's reports, I now really like that the dbs are holding tennis balls while covering. Don't grab. at all. it will be called. Hopefully the Rams are clean, but tough, in secondary today.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Before long there won't be any tackling allowed. It's flag football!

The penalties on tackling have gotten excessive. Now, even clean hits that are hard have a good chance to draw a flag just because the official was disturbed by the physicality of the game.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
If you can find one person who holds that opinion on this board, you can have all of my ROD$$$

I think the issue is the fact that refs are looking for minor infractions more diligently. Incidental hands to the face, touching a receiver beyond 5 yards and a half-mile away from the play, stuff like that.
I have that Opinion.

Lets half those dollars! ;)

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
If you can find one person who holds that opinion on this board, you can have all of my ROD$$$

I think the issue is the fact that refs are looking for minor infractions more diligently. Incidental hands to the face, touching a receiver beyond 5 yards and a half-mile away from the play, stuff like that.

You make a good point. I understand the issue. I was being a bit facecious about the Seahawk defense line. I guess what I am trying to say is that all those that are complaining about the high volume of penalties being called now will not be complaining when the Rams offense is a beneficiary of those penalties later during the regular season. That's all.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The fact is a penalty can be called on every single play. It's no different in any sport, the refs are there to "manage" the game. All I ask for is consistency. Once they start dictating the game play, etc. is the day I stop watching altogether.