How Do You Like Dan Campbell Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes @OldSchool I started another thread. For all of you who loved him and put him up a pedestal, but Brandon Staley did stupid things too and it got him thrown out of, well, what should be San Diego. Anyways, the Lions are up 24-10 in the 3rd quarter, easy FG to make it 27-10 and he goes for it because he is big bad Dan. Well, you dumbass, you cost your team a trip to the Super Bowl, where are you going, you one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater dumbass?

1706536298664.png

Tano

Legend
I didn't have much of a problem with the first 4th and 2. But not kicking the FG to tie the game when you have a chance.

That was pure stupidity.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes @OldSchool I started another thread. For all of you who loved him and put him up a pedestal, but Brandon Staley did stupid things too and it got him thrown out of, well, what should be San Diego. Anyways, the Lions are up 24-10 in the 3rd quarter, easy FG to make it 27-10 and he goes for it because he is big bad Dan. Well, you dumbass, you cost your team a trip to the Super Bowl, where are you going, you one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater dumbass?

View attachment 64195
In these big games you have to take the points. He left six on the field.

I’ve never been a fan of coach ‘Kneecaps’. He’s a throwback from an era that’s passed.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Lions fans will say his aggressiveness is what got them to the NFCCG to begin with. That, to me, is a loser's mentality. You're one game away from the Super Bowl and you leave points on the field because of Dan's decisions. I'd be pissed if I was a Lions fan, everyone tried to warn them this kind of coaching would come back to bite them in the ass.

Tano

Legend
Lions fans will say his aggressiveness is what got them to the NFCCG to begin with. That, to me, is a loser's mentality. You're one game away from the Super Bowl and you leave points on the field because of Dan's decisions. I'd be pissed if I was a Lions fan, everyone tried to warn them this kind of coaching would come back to bite them in the ass.
I thought he was stupid to not do the extra point against Dallas after they were moved back 5 yards.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I prefer to put the blame on the two costly turnovers.
Reynolds also had 2 very costly drops that second half.

Those are 4 huge plays.

….but yeah….take the points. Don’t play like you’re not going to be in the end zone again.
Constantly going for it on 4th down in FG range isn’t aggressive, it’s playing scared.
Have some faith that your offense will move the ball… because they were.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Amazing stupidity. Total Lions choke job in the 2nd half. That kind of collapse can linger all thru next season.

Tano

Legend
I prefer to put the blame on the two costly turnovers.
Reynolds also had 2 very costly drops that second half.

Those are 4 huge plays.

….but yeah….take the points. Don’t play like you’re not going to be in the end zone again.
Constantly going for it on 4th down in FG range isn’t aggressive, it’s playing scared.
Have some faith that your offense will move the ball… because they were.
I only remember the one turnover. What was the second one besides the Gibbs fumble?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I only remember the one turnover. What was the second one besides the Gibbs fumble?
Maybe I’m getting the Ravens game mixed in here. Lol

I can’t thing of the other off hand either.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
His hubris did him in. Momentum is VERY real, especially for a team on the road against one of, if not, the best team in the league (and trust me it sickens me saying that, but it's just the truth). You simply cannot go for it every damn time. Take the points.

I don't think analytics can calculate that.

tempests

Hall of Fame
They may have gone for it on fourth down more than anyone else, but they didn't have Eagles or Ravens style plays to lean on. They were only league average in converting these.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never been a fan of the guy, always a fan of Goff though so I followed the Lions since they both arrived.
I think Campbell is a product of the success, not the other way around. They did a masterful job of acquiring talent, and getting the pieces to fit in the right system.
So sure, the talent is still there, but just like what is happening in Philly when the straw that stirred the drink goes away, so does the success.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

View attachment 64195
My biggest problem with the discourse is that people equate being "manly" to going for it on 4th down.

And all coaches have confidence in what they do.. it's how they got there.

It's times like this that people like to pick one strand of DNA out of a coach and leave the rest... they also like to pin all the blame for a loss on the thing they don't like.

Those plays may or may not have made the difference in the game... but it's real comfortable to make the assumption they would've hit both of them and the Lions would've what.. tied the game?

Who knows what happens after those plays and how they might have changed the game?

That team got farther, faster than anyone expected.. and people are absolutely BANGING on a coach that did a hell of a job. I'm not a Campbell fan, but I don't get it. I mean, coaches make mistakes. Were his worse than McVay punting on the Rams last possession in Detroit? I don't think so... and I sure as hell don't think McVay is dumb.