Home Brewing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And… kegged. The one I kegged is the one on the right in photo above. A plain traditional.

Damn good! I nailed it. Carbonation was forced by the CO2 cartridge attached. Food grade paint ball cartridge, basically.

This photo shows the 1 gallon keg, next to half gallon of milk. Tiny thing.

Being a gallon, this is about 5 bottles of wine volume. A 2nd CO2 cartridge will be needed to dispense the whole thing out the tap.

I will keg the cider next. I might start a fruit wine in my empty carboys.

(y)

FFC02FAC-1267-40B8-9F22-5C9A18489465.jpeg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
And… kegged. The one I kegged is the one on the right in photo above. A plain traditional.

Damn good! I nailed it. Carbonation was forced by the CO2 cartridge attached. Food grade paint ball cartridge, basically.

This photo shows the 1 gallon keg, next to half gallon of milk. Tiny thing.

Being a gallon, this is about 5 bottles of wine volume. A 2nd CO2 cartridge will be needed to dispense the whole thing out the tap.

I will keg the cider next. I might start a fruit wine in my empty carboys.

(y)

View attachment 50796
Awesome job CGI. It will take you that long to drink 8 pints that you'll need another daisy cartridge?

Also surprised to not see the obligatory Canadian milk bag.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Latest batch:
PXL_20220429_214919047.jpg

Made a Belgian Pale Ale, and added 4lbs of toasted coconut and 8oz of almond extract in secondary fermentation. Going for a macaroon flavored beer. Will keg tomorrow should net over 4.5 gallons. Fully carbonated in about 10 days.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Latest batch:
View attachment 53908
Made a Belgian Pale Ale, and added 4lbs of toasted coconut and 8oz of almond extract in secondary fermentation. Going for a macaroon flavored beer. Will keg tomorrow should net over 4.5 gallons. Fully carbonated in about 10 days.

That looks awesome! Sounds good too.

I am investigating making a port wine. Early stages of planning.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Latest batch:
View attachment 53908
4.5 gallons? How big is that carboy? Definitely sounds like an interesting beer. I've never extracts much. But you aren't going to get that almond flavor without either it or amaretto. I'll be interested to see how it comes out. I'd probably like it better than an actual macaroon.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
4.5 gallons? How big is that carboy? Definitely sounds like an interesting beer. I've never extracts much. But you aren't going to get that almond flavor without either it or amaretto. I'll be interested to see how it comes out. I'd probably like it better than an actual macaroon.
Carboy is 6.5 gallons I believe. You may be right, I might lose more as a result of trub that I won't transfer into the keg.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
About 4.25 gallons. Little more than a growler could have fit in the corny keg (5.13G or 20.52L).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I saw this thread and thought "Oh, someone here likes D&D. Cool." Then I opened it and realized it's about beer.

I wasn't wrong, but that someone is just me.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I saw this thread and thought "Oh, someone here likes D&D. Cool." Then I opened it and realized it's about beer.

I wasn't wrong, but that someone is just me.
Cool you like D&D and homebrew. You should start a new thread!