Hernandez could be charged with obstruction at any moment!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Re: Hernandez could be charged with obstruction at any momen

Yep, this will be splattered all over the media just like the Zimmerman trial. And if Nelson Mandela passes, the trifecta will be in place to divert all attention away from what people should be paying attention. I bet the bobbleheads in DC are relieved about recent developments in the news.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Ramhusker getting down with it:
Yep, this will be splattered all over the media just like the Zimmerman trial. And if Nelson Mandela passes, the trifecta will be in place to divert all attention away from what people should be paying attention. I bet the bobbleheads in DC are relieved about recent developments in the news.

:bwah:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Case Against Aaron Hernandez

I don't know how to embed the video, but this is a 15 min video from PFT explaining the charges and the case against him

<a class="postlink" href="http://nbcsports.nbcnews.com/id/22825103/vp/52323168#52323168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nbcsports.nbcnews.com/id/2282510 ... 8#52323168</a>

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: The Case Against Aaron Hernandez

The video after the one you linked explained about the CAP hits for the Cheatriots.
$2.5 million this year
$7.5 million next year.
Almost no chance of recouping any of that because they cut him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

albefree69 said:
The video after the one you linked explained about the CAP hits for the Cheatriots.
$2.5 million this year
$7.5 million next year.
I can't see how they can't invoke a morals clause in the contract and recoup some of the bonus.As I recall the Falcons did in the Vick case.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Thordaddy wrote:
I can't see how they can't invoke a morals clause in the contract and recoup some of the bonus.As I recall the Falcons did in the Vick case.
Atlanta didn't cut him for that very reason. They cut him after successfully getting back some of their money. It has something to do with the fact that you can't get money from someone who doesn't work for you.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

albefree69 said:
Thordaddy wrote:
Atlanta didn't cut him for that very reason. They cut him after successfully getting back some of their money. It has something to do with the fact that you can't get money from someone who doesn't work for you.
So you are saying that when a player violates the morals clause and the contract is voided BY THAT, you can't sue for a refund of the signing bonus.
That's hard for me to believe,can you link me something that explains that?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

BTW any details on the motive?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

The contract wasn't voided by his misconduct, it was voided by cutting him.
Here's the second video:
<a class="postlink" href="http://nbcsports.nbcnews.com/id/22825103/vp/52323168#52321148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nbcsports.nbcnews.com/id/2282510 ... 8#52321148</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I just heard on the radio that they can try to get money back but under the CBA they essentially waved their right to do that because they released him which means the club released him from contractual obligation. They won't get anything and probably won't try.

Adam Shafter said the cap hit this year is just over 5 mil and next year is just over 7 mil.

Small price to pay to flush a turd out of your locker room.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

albefree69 said:
$2.5 million this year
$7.5 million next year.
Sorry, the one I was trying to link was the one where Mike Florio spoke with another lawyer about the evidence against Hernandez and what that means for his case.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

LesBaker said:
I just heard on the radio that they can try to get money back but under the CBA they essentially waved their right to do that because they released him which means the club released him from contractual obligation. They won't get anything and probably won't try.

Adam Shafter said the cap hit this year is just over 5 mil and next year is just over 7 mil.

Small price to pay to flush a turd out of your locker room.

While reading some news accounts of this it occurs to me that since he has as yet not been convicted the breach of the contract can't be proven so releasing him wouldn't be with "cause" yet.
I'd think after the court case unfolds recovery would be an issue, but by then I'd imagine there won't be anything left.

SMALL? add that to what they have stuck in Gronk ,who BTW is a pretty remarkable meat head in his own right , and I'd say it will take some pretty effective coaching for them to recover.

Wes Welker has to be in self congratulatory mode right now and DA is probably in shock.

nighttrain

Legend

albefree69 said:
LesBaker singing money makes the world go round:
It's the money involved IMO.

Also if any drug was made legal there would still be a black market for it in some way shape or form and there would be violence associated with it because of the money.

I think that's a little too far reaching Les. Think alcohol and Amsterdam. But I get your point and it would have to be legal everywhere to remove all the money induced violence.

IMO.

As for waiting patiently, give me something else to do and I'll think about it. :lol:
End the war on drugs, it aint working any better than prohibition. Legalize Pot, Cocaine, and heroin. Just make the last two from the pharmacy. Immediate end to our border problems over night. No more cartels, anywhere..
no more gangs, eh. and no more drug kingpins.
I can get any of this stuff with a few phone calls, so what is the problem?
train

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

nighttrain said:
albefree69 said:

Also if any drug was made legal there would still be a black market for it in some way shape or form and there would be violence associated with it because of the money.

I think that's a little too far reaching Les. Think alcohol and Amsterdam. But I get your point and it would have to be legal everywhere to remove all the money induced violence.

IMO.

As for waiting patiently, give me something else to do and I'll think about it. :lol:
End the war on drugs, it aint working any better than prohibition. Legalize Pot, Cocaine, and heroin. Just make the last two from the pharmacy. Immediate end to our border problems over night. No more cartels, anywhere..
train
What, and cut out all that lovely drug laundering cash to bankers .... and eliminate so much of the emotional public-stirring rhetoric relied upon by so many politicians.... and reduce profits to the petrochemical companies that produce the supplies necessary to make the drugs???? Those are a lot of powerful interests to combat, much easier to let a bunch of ghetto kids and dumb white suburban a-holes send their lives into the gutter.

iced

nighttrain said:
albefree69 said:

IMO.

train

Rather do what portugal did.. legalize all drugs, and have like a designated place for people who do all the hard stuff to do it. A lot of the kids in portugal saw what kind of junkies these people are, and surprisingly, teen drug use and drug use in general dropped as well as crime.

BTW I hate it when people say weed is a gate way drug - its not, its only gateway is to the fridge. Alcohol and cigs are the true gateway drugs,and they often lead to each other.

Marriage is more of a gateway drug then weed - one can lead to alcohol abuse and put a huge dent in your wallet :bign:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Wow! Speculation Hernandez could have been involved in 2012 homicide. This story is getting even more interesting by the day.

[espn]9432054[/espn]

Investigators working on the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez are focusing on whether the victim, Odin Lloyd, was killed because of information he might have had concerning a July 2012 double homicide, law enforcement officials told ABC News and ESPN.

Hernandez is now being investigated in connection with that incident, a drive-by shooting in Boston, the officials said.

At a hearing on Friday in Bristol, Conn., a judge ordered Carlos Ortiz, who is under arrest in Connecticut in connection with the case, turned over to Massachusetts authorities.

Ortiz, who is an acquaintance of Hernandez, has been charged in Connecticut as a fugitive from justice. He had waived extradition to Massachusetts and was being held on $1.5 million bail in Hartford.

New Britain State's attorney says investigators arrested the 27-year-old Ortiz in Bristol on Wednesday as part of the probe into Lloyd's killing. Hernandez is charged with murder in the slaying of Lloyd near Hernandez's North Attleborough home.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty. A judge denied his request for bail Thursday after Hernandez's lawyer, James Sultan, argued that his client is not a risk to flee and that the case against him is circumstantial.

Bristol County Assistant District Attorney Bill McCauley on Thursday said the evidence is "overwhelming." A search of a condo leased by Hernandez turned up an ammunition clip matching the caliber of casings found at the scene of Lloyd's killing, McCauley said.

Judge Renee Dupuis called the prosecution's case "circumstantial but very, very strong."

Hernandez's mother told the Bristol (Conn.) Press on Thursday, "All I can say is that he will be cleared of all these charges in the end. Just let it play out until the end."

Police were seeking another man late Thursday night, issuing a wanted poster for Ernest Wallace, who's considered armed and dangerous. Wallace is wanted in connection with the investigation.

Hernandez was cut by the Patriots less than two hours after he was arrested Wednesday.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

A brief theory of the story as I see it:
Hernandez, Lloyd and the other two guys shot and killed the two guys in 2012. While in the strip club on the night of Lloyd's death, Lloyd said something about the shooting that led Hernandez to believe that he could no longer trust Lloyd to keep his mouth shut. Hernandez then called the other two guys who then went with Hernandez and Llyod for a ride and soon after one of them killed him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I'm thinking that's pretty much how it plays out, and one of the other two seems to be cooperating with police because they seem to have a bit of an idea what happened in the car, at least the gist of conversations has leaked out it seems, and when Lloyd was actually shot.

Ram_of_Old

WOW! Been away on vacation. I did not see the Murder Charge coming. "It's the Patriot Way."

nighttrain

Legend

iced said:
nighttrain said:
albefree69 said:

IMO.

train

Rather do what portugal did.. legalize all drugs, and have like a designated place for people who do all the hard stuff to do it. A lot of the kids in portugal saw what kind of junkies these people are, and surprisingly, teen drug use and drug use in general dropped as well as crime.

BTW I hate it when people say weed is a gate way drug - its not, its only gateway is to the fridge. Alcohol and cigs are the true gateway drugs,and they often lead to each other.

Marriage is more of a gateway drug then weed - one can lead to alcohol abuse and put a huge dent in your wallet :bign:
Iced, all you did was embellish on my comment, but thank you
train