Here's why the Rams take the division this year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We have the missing pieces to our defense (another linebacker and a safety). We have weapons and protection for Bradford. And the sophomore slump for quarterbacks like Wilson and Kaepernick is a very real thing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1. Rams are in the 49ers head and the Seahawks are everybody's darlings and like the Eagles of yesteryear birds of a feather.

2. How Long? Not Long! Two Longs are better than one! Barring injury the OL & DL should be better and will give the Rams the edge they were missing last year.

3. Tim Walton...Meet the new hot assistant, he might not be here long maybe just one year, however, he should make quite an impact.

4. Samuel Jacob Bradford...With all the talk of Colin Kaepernick & Russell Wilson many pundits will be writing about the best QB in the NFC West come November.

5. New uniforms come 2015!

addon.php

addon.php

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
1. Rams are in the 49ers head and the Seahawks are everybody's darlings and like the Eagles of yesteryear birds of a feather.

2. How Long? Not Long! Two Longs are better than one! Barring injury the OL & DL should be better and will give the Rams the edge they were missing last year.

3. Tim Walton...Meet the new hot assistant, he might not be here long maybe just one year, however, he should make quite an impact.

4. Samuel Jacob Bradford...With all the talk of Colin Kaepernick & Russell Wilson many pundits will be writing about the best QB in the NFC West come November.

5. New uniforms come 2015!

addon.php

addon.php

Nicely done, Den!

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Ram Quixote said:
Because. I always believe.

Why do you think I have the signature below????

I see no sig, tho I am on the iPhone app!

I think we'll win because of how much speed our offense will have (hasn't been that way for a while. Sure we had Avery but what good is speed if its off the field most the time!) and because of the speed of our defense.

For those of you that don't know, I am 110% a defense guy. I always played D more high school, and my rule for NFL jerseys is I will only get defensive players jerseys. I have Laurinitus but I really want to get Jenkins jersey. He had such a good year, it's going to be fun to see him develop, especially seeing how much better he'll be after practicing against the speed Demon I'm Tavon Austin.

And I think fisher has a level football head on his shoulders and players like him

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I agree with many that say we have a great chance to win the division because of a great returning defense and an improved offense. How did the RAMS manage to go 4-1-1 in the division last year? Because NFC west foes averaged 16 points per game against us, which even allowed our average offense to hang in those games. When your opponents is scoring under 20 ppg, you have a great shot to win every Sunday. With an upgraded offense paired with our dominant D, these divisional games will be even tougher for NFC west teams because now we match our D with scoring on offense

wolfman84

Rookie
Because of how we’ve improved:

RB by committee vs Jackson <
> Jake Long vs Saffold
> Saffold vs B.Richardson
> Jones vs Turner
> Austin vs Amendola
> Bailey vs Smith
> Cook vs Mulligan
> Ogletree vs McIntosh
> McDonald vs Mikell TBD
> Davis/Stewart (anyone, really) vs C.Dahl
> Austin vs KR of the Day

>Bradford in second year of same system.

>A Defensive Coordinator

>Second year improvement of last year’s rookies.

>Overall Speed and Big Playmaking ability

>Best Head Coach and Coaching Staff in the league.

That’s why.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Rams will have a "successful season" IF:

1.They can stay healthy, especially at the O line and RB positions.

2. The latest group of rookie receivers contributes materially by getting open and gaining yardage after the catch.

3. The defense can materially increase their number of turn overs (other than by interception).

4. The running game can average 4+ yards per carry.

5. The "O" materially improves its production in the red zone.

6. Special teams improves upon their average yards per return.

7. Tavon Austin produces as anticipated and is still breathing after the 17th week (see #1).

As to whether or not the Sea chickens have problems or (if) Wilson and Kaperdink suffer from
sophomore'itis is completely immaterial. If the Rams must depend upon what other teams do or don't do then we're just whistling past the grave yard.

As for winning the division.....we'll just have to see how things work out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
wolfman84 said:
Because of how we’ve improved:

RB by committee vs Jackson <
> Jake Long vs Saffold
> Saffold vs B.Richardson
> Jones vs Turner
> Austin vs Amendola
> Bailey vs Smith
> Cook vs Mulligan
> Ogletree vs McIntosh
> McDonald vs Mikell TBD
> Davis/Stewart (anyone, really) vs C.Dahl
> Austin vs KR of the Day

>Bradford in second year of same system.

>A Defensive Coordinator

>Second year improvement of last year’s rookies.

>Overall Speed and Big Playmaking ability

>Best Head Coach and Coaching Staff in the league.

That’s why.

Nicely laid out. A lot of improvements there.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Offense quits trying to control the clock and works on controlling the game.
Defense simply looks to stuff the other team's offense.
Speed. Speed. Speed. Speed.....oh did I mention Speed.....
And other year in a already proven system......guys will trust their keys and act on them more efficiently.......

And the last reason.....it's what we fans want!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
X said:
I already know my reasons. I want to hear yours.

If you just decide to read this thread and elect not to respond...
Then you have no faith.

Thaaaaaaaaaaat's right.
You. Have no faith.

SPEAK UP.
Ok your turn to share lol

iced

Because Dahl now plays defense on the niners and not the Rams...

Ram_of_Old

I think the Rams are a year away from a Division title. They will have two top round picks next year. That should help us. I remember the Hershel Walker trade and what it did for Dallas. I will settle for two more SB wins... :cheese:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
For me it starts w/ our defense. Last year we where top 15 but had trouble stoping the deep pass and seam routes now add McDonald & Tree and our coverage unit doesn't need to make a Substitution we can stay in a base Def (Plus I expect our 2nd year CBs to be able to press vs. mainly off coverage). Also adding Tree to contain the running QBs and his amazing chase & hit ability will make our front 7 one of the top 5 front 7 groups in the league. Brockers is going to be a beast for years to come and having 91 & 94 flanking him is just simply awesome. McDonald will help control V. Davis and the middle of the field. Looking forward to McDonald coming down into the box in full speed and crash into the backs etc.

Another year of adding players that can help on Special teams will go along way to playing the battle of field position. Plus the return game appears ready too unleashed hell on everyone!! Legatron should be more consistent.

Now on offense it's been Dissected to death already but I truly expect Quick, Pead, D-Rich, Givens and Cook too really step up and start being players Sam can Rely on.
And slowly we will see a few splash plays from our rookies. I'm not getting my hopes up for the rookies to be players that can be relied on week in week out.
What I like is how we will be able Dictate to the defense and take advantage with our speed and matchup nightmare players hopefully we will see it more so in the second half of the season as the rookies grow and get comfortable in our system.
I'm really think people are missing is how we have made the offense more Bradford friendly and built for his strengths. The hurry up / quick temp O will do wonders for Bradford and his Rhythm Preferences!!!

Do too our youth I am dubious to give us more than 10 wins this season. In order to get more wins I think our run game and rookies WRs would need to be really good from game #1 and that's a uphill battle that doesn't happen often Despite my man crush on Les Snead & Jeff Fisher.
Part of the reason for 10 wins prediction is due too the entire coaching staff we have!!!!!!

Next season we will be the toast of the NFL and the talking heads will have to talk about us all year long!!!

Piss on the whiners, seacocks & Cards (Especially on December 8 when I will see that game live)!!!!

iced

its actually looking like a tough first quarter of the season..

Vs Arizona - okay we should win this one, especially without daryl washington on D (suspension)
@ Falcons
@ Cowboys
vs Niners ( 4 days after cowboys )

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The Rams will win the division because our QB doesn't have to rely on a gimmick offense to be effective.
I'm also betting the Hawks don't even make the playoffs this season. You heard it here first!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well since I did read this thread, and I do have faith, here goes my best shot; (X... :bign: )

Not worried about the defense, they're getting very close to a championship caliber if not just down right scary, there's even depth now, and I really love some of the UDFAs (say goodbye to Daniels or McCleoud) I've always manintained as long as C.Dahl was starting on D, they'd be in trouble, now he's the 9rs problem (good ST guy tho)

My issue is CAN the OL stay intact for a complete season? If they do, they'll be in the hunt no doubt, Quick and Pead must take the next step, I for one, couldn't care less about losing Gibby (see the above C. Dalhl reasoning) AP will step up this year in that role, I'm fully aware that anything gained from Steadman Bailey will be a bonus, Tavon will be used to exploit matchups and should flourish. Sam Bradford has never been a concern with me.

10-6, 11-5 could be a reality...it's all on the O-line imo.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You guys are spot on.

Something I'd like to add is our defense was on the field last season more than it should have been. Our stagnant offense lead to our defense wearing and breaking down in games.

Better offense = better defense

(And that's not adding in the talent the Rams acquired through the draft. I'm very high on Ogletree and McDonald. I like Cody Davis as well.)