Here’s a list of Rams mysteries that defy explanation or understanding…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
On most of them

But Playing Evans and Picking Tutu over Creed would have been a really hard sell to me
I don't think so, I believe they truly felt they had their center in Austin Corbett plus again, they were counting on Atwell to return punts, kickoffs and be the deep threat. If Atwell was Brandon Powell with better speed, it would look different.

Many on the board loved Humphrey including yours truly, but the ship has sailed and although if I was in the room pounding the table for Humphrey, it does not change the result.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I don't think so, I believe they truly felt they had their center in Austin Corbett plus again, they were counting on Atwell to return punts, kickoffs and be the deep threat. If Atwell was Brandon Powell with better speed, it would look different.

Many on the board loved Humphrey including yours truly, but the ship has sailed and although if I was in the room pounding the table for Humphrey, it does not change the result.
Atwell was too small and will never change my mind.

And as to Corbett - I didn't want to just rely on just Corbett to be our center.

We were lucky that Allen was able to overcome his injuries that year.

As to Evans last year, nothing would have swayed me that we needed to continue playing him.

He eventually got Stafford injured for gawd sake.

Sometimes people (even McVay and Snead) overthink things. It happens.

I just hope that they learned from last year so it never happens again.

The draft this year gives me high hopes that it won't.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a sneaking suspicion we know the unspoken answer to a lot of those questions. "We fucked up".
Without a doubt. Funny thing is how well an org can do while fucking up. We see it all the time.

Patriots for example during their long run. Their drafting in many years was abysmal. They missed their share on picks for sure. But they hit enough, and jettisoned dipshits who wanted too much money in the right windows, and added enough bonus picks to compensate along with a great staff maximizing what they had.

Rams are similar. We've had some shit drafts under McVay. We've done a lot of dumb shit. Paying dudes stupidly. And so on and so forth but I think our coaching is so good and the big decisions have been mostly correct so we got that title.

I guarantee the Rams self-analyze these questions. They have to. But all you can do is try to learn from it and move on. When I bitch at them on these sites is when it feels like they're not learning from those mistakes. RB being a good example. I mean sure we won a title but that doesn't exempt them from the need to learn from a continuous tendency to underestimate the position's importance. I would guess that McVay would be the first to admit he wants a top run game. It's just usually not a priority. Can they win another one without a good run game? Sure. They did it once already. But goddamn it was hard. Maybe it would actually be easier with even just a good run game threat from that backfield.