Greg Gaines to bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
is it 2024 yet?

Seriously this one really surprises me. GG seems like a young, ascending type player that you want to keep for the next 3-5 years along your DL. I understand some others by Gaines. So odd since McVay is totally in. Maybe he’s come to terms with a crap 2023 year for the chance at some big time FA & draft adds in 2024+

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams lose Greg Gaines to Tampa Bay​

The former Rams DT has signed a contract with the Buccaneers

By CliffJackson@CliffJacksonn Mar 18, 2023
1456247935.0.jpg

The Rams have lost yet another young stud to free agency.

According to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, defensive tackle Greg Gaines agreed to terms with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this afternoon.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1637183704350048257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1637183704350048257%7Ctwgr%5E5699b9bfdf96802d53c273ab324813bff08e07a7%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2023%2F3%2F18%2F23646545%2Frams-lose-greg-gaines-to-tampa-bay-buccaneers-free-agency-nfl

Gaines, a man set to enter his fifth year in the league out of the University of Washington, seemed to improve every season he spent in Los Angeles. Gaines became a key part of the Rams Super Bowl run just over a calendar year ago, becoming a starter that season as well as having a career-high six tackles for loss this past season.

Greg Gaines will head to Tampa Bay to join forces with Vita Vea in the middle, giving the Bucs some serious bodies to help stuff the run as well as rush the passer. On the bright side, Gaines will net yet another comp. draft pick for the Rams in 2024, adding to the stockpile they are starting to build up with all of the losses in free agency.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

I would hope that Gaines would get above $9 million but it's highly doubtful. I waiting to see what he signed for. We need a few 5th rd compensatory draft selection awards for 2024 to help with this big loss. Bobby Brown has shown nothing thus far to relieve my concerns @ NT.

1679181538057.png

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Well we are at an N grade for the offseason and it continues to go downward

Usually F is the lowest grade but we were already there when we let Wagner and Floyd go

And so I have to make up letter grades to account for how bad this offseason is

We are down to 2 - 15 now and sinking fast

Could we be the first NFL team to go 0 - 17 if Stafford is as hurt as badly as rumored?
If Stafford isn't medically cleared, or is ineffective due to ongoing injuries, or goes down for the season.... Rams are in a world of hurt in 2023 but in the running for a very high draft pick in 2024.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the Ramss see that as a potential contingency given his spinal contusion. Not tanking, they will try to be as competitive as possible, but one more serious injury to Stafford and we could be looking for a new QB.

younghutch

UDFA
I love Gaines but he had a lot of injury issues...and just how hard can he be to replace with someone comparable?

Same with Floyd. Good Ram but I think these guys have become over-valued having played along side AD.

Brockers, Suh, Fowler...All were replaced with minimal fuss.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If Stafford isn't medically cleared, or is ineffective due to ongoing injuries, or goes down for the season.... Rams are in a world of hurt in 2023 but in the running for a very high draft pick in 2024.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the Ramss see that as a potential contingency given his spinal contusion. Not tanking, they will try to be as competitive as possible, but one more serious injury to Stafford and we could be looking for a new QB.
And who knows, maybe come June they decide to trade Donald for picks next yr. Or maybe that's part of the plan. He is tradeable in June as he actually saves $13M off his cap number.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we are at an N grade for the offseason and it continues to go downward

Usually F is the lowest grade but we were already there when we let Wagner and Floyd go

And so I have to make up letter grades to account for how bad this offseason is

We are down to 2 - 15 now and sinking fast

Could we be the first NFL team to go 0 - 17 if Stafford is as hurt as badly as rumored?
"Suck for Luck!" ~ @Merlin

badcop

UDFA
I am a big Gaines fan. He played hurt the entire season. tore his labrum and his bicep tendon in preseason and played the entire season. I think the Rams wanted him to do that and he did. Hurt his production and value and even interest in him with everyone know he had shoulder surgery a couple days after the last game. That kind of loyalty and team first grit wasn't rewarded by the Rams though. I'll bet he won't do that again!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
This one really hurts. I was hoping the Rams would let A'Shawn go and use the money saved to resign Greg Gaines. I'm really questioning what the plan is going forward. I hate to say it but mebbe it's time to trade Aaron Donald and mebbe even Staff.
Heh....I'm just ramblin' now. Don't know what to think or say.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't it be the coup de gras if AD decided he'd rather just retire than go through 2023 with no help?