Great Rock Vocal Performances

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Let's face it, most rock singers aren't that good.

Got any you think are great? Or put in a great performance on a particular song?

I'll say these are really worthwhile......and I like them.

Peter Gabriel ......Shock the Monkey

Robert Plant........Rock & Roll

Bowie......Panic in Detriot

Who sings the Allman Bothers song Blue Sky......that is some great vocal work......very smooth. A great job.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Anything with Freddie Mercury singing to his max.

My personal favorites proabably wont be up to your standard, but they are still some of my favorites of all time.

Kurt Cobain - Where did you sleep last night(unplugged version)

Sinead O'Conner +the Chieftains - The Foggy Dew

Layne Staley of Alice in Chains - Nutshell(unplugged version)

Johhny Cash - When the man comes around,( If my grandpa sang(R.I.P.) this would be what he sung.

Many Avenged Sevenfold songs - They are the Queen of this generation. I know you probably dont like them or agree, but they are in my mind.

I could name a lot of punk bands and there singer as well, but i doubt youd agree. For me it is the feel behind the song, and though they might not be great, they do put more into than most artists these days.

I am a little drunk at the moment, so it's hard to think of the real top notch ones you are looking for, but i still love my list. Those songs have have affected me more than most others.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
@Tron My favorite Sinead song

Sinead had such an amazing voice and such emotion behind her songs. Great song Phx!!!!!!! Still love my Foggy Dew as her best though, but you cant really go wrong with any of her songs.

PhxRam

Sinead had such an amazing voice and such emotion behind her songs. Great song Phx!!!!!!! Still love my Foggy Dew as her best though, but you cant really go wrong with any of her songs.

The Lion and the Cobra used to be my baby making CD. :wink:

fearsomefour

Legend
Nearly anything by Bruce Dickinson. Amazing voice, power, range has it all. Gets better live as he ages as well. Was better the last time I saw him live (2011) than he was back in the 80s.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[av]http://onehitwondercenter.com/samples/60s/Tip-Toe%20Through%20the%20Tulips.mp3[/av]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tron I don't know how I missed Freddie, truly an excellent voice.

I watched a documentary about him,it was focused on his whole life not just the rock icon portion. He was born in Zanzibar, did you know that?

One of the coolest parts of the whole thing was as he was dying and they knew there was almost no time left he was still in the studio singing as much as he could. He would sing each line three different ways so that the producer could mix things together to create songs. He wanted to make sure the guys in the band could release more music and make some money from it and his estate and others could benefit as well.

Anyway when he wasn't able to go on he gave the producer this as instruction regarding the clips he recorded........."whatever you do don't make me boring".

That was Freddie. Ever the flamboyant showman even until death.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How am I not reading about Sebastian Bach? That dude, to me, has one of the sweetest rock voices out there. I also agree with whomever said Peter Gabriel.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Tron I don't know how I missed Freddie, truly an excellent voice.

I watched a documentary about him,it was focused on his whole life not just the rock icon portion. He was born in Zanzibar, did you know that?

One of the coolest parts of the whole thing was as he was dying and they knew there was almost no time left he was still in the studio singing as much as he could. He would sing each line three different ways so that the producer could mix things together to create songs. He wanted to make sure the guys in the band could release more music and make some money from it and his estate and others could benefit as well.

Anyway when he wasn't able to go on he gave the producer this as instruction regarding the clips he recorded........."whatever you do don't make me boring".

That was Freddie. Ever the flamboyant showman even until death.

I had no clue he was born there, had to look up where that even was. Thanks for sharing the rest as well. I should definitely watch that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How am I not reading about Sebastian Bach? That dude, to me, has one of the sweetest rock voices out there. I also agree with whomever said Peter Gabriel.

Because he sucks.

Kidding, he's got some chops.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I know some may think this is wrong, but I also dig the shit out if Eddie Money and Ozzie

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea, he is a drunk, he hasn't taken care of himself. But I loved his raspiness back in the day. I'm gonna tell ya the best vocalist out there, not rock tho, but James Taylor...dude is smooth

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I used to really like Steve Perry when I was in high school. Him and Steven Tyler.
Both can really, really sing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In that "two tickets to paradise" commercial, he sounds ( and looks) like he is recovering from a stroke.

When I first saw it I almost didn't recognize him. He looks like hell. It could be a stroke but I think he may have spent all his money on booze or something.

PhxRam

When I first saw it I almost didn't recognize him. He looks like hell. It could be a stroke but I think he may have spent all his money on booze or something.

Either that or he is auditioning to play joe cocker in an upcoming biography

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Let's face it, most rock singers aren't that good.

Got any you think are great? Or put in a great performance on a particular song?

I'll say these are really worthwhile......and I like them.

Peter Gabriel ......Shock the Monkey

Robert Plant........Rock & Roll

Bowie......Panic in Detriot

Who sings the Allman Bothers song Blue Sky......that is some great vocal work......very smooth. A great job.
That was Dicky Betts debut as lead vocalist on Blue Sky. Great song. Like your other choices too.

PhxRam, since you mentioned him Cocker was a great interpretive vocalist. Loved his version of "With a Little Help From My Friends".

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Makes me think of the wonder years

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That was Dicky Betts debut as lead vocalist on Blue Sky. Great song. Like your other choices too.

PhxRam, since you mentioned him Cocker was a great interpretive vocalist. Loved his version of "With a Little Help From My Friends".

I didn't know it was Betts. I knew it wasn't Duane Allman of course because the voice is different.