Grades for Rams vs. Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam

Top 5 Offense
WR Jordan Whittington: 84.8
LG Zach Thomas: 84.1
RG Logan Bruss: 81.5
C Justin Dedich: 73.0
TE Miller Forristall: 71.1

Whittington was a stud, but so was the offensive line. Thomas, Bruss and Dedich allowed zero total pressures in the game. In fact, A.J. Arcuri and Conor McDermott were the only two linemen to allow any pressures on Bennett.

Forristall caught the game-winning touchdown pass from Bennett and was the fifth-highest-graded player on offense for LA.

Top 5 Defense
OLB Nick Hampton: 87.0
LB Omar Speights: 85.5
S Jaylen McCollough: 78.6
CB Shaun Jolly: 76.1
S Tanner Ingle: 73.5

Hampton was in the backfield constantly against the Cowboys, finishing the game with five total pressures.

For the most part, the secondary held up well against the Cowboys’ receivers, too, led by McCollough, Jolly and Ingle. McCollough was particularly impressive, driving on the ball to make a stick tackle on a short pass into the flat.

Bottom 5 Offense
TE Hunter Long: 52.7
WR J.J. Laap: 51.2
C Mike McAllister: 49.3
TE Davis Allen: 47.2
QB Stetson Bennett: 39.2

Bennett was unsurprisingly the lowest-graded offensive player among those who played at least 10 snaps, throwing four interceptions. Laap was targeted once but didn’t have a reception or any touches in the game. The same goes for Allen, who also had 10 pass-blocking snaps.

McAllister didn’t allow any pressures but his 61.6 run-blocking grade weighed him down.

Bottom 5 Defense
LB Olakunle Fatukasi: 54.5
CB Cameron McCutcheon: 53.1
DT Cory Durden: 47.9
DL Larrell Murchison: 43.7
DT Tuli Letuligasenoa: 30.5

All five of these defenders were among the team’s lowest-graded players for one reason or another. Durden, Fatukasi and Murchison missed one tackle each, while McCutcheon allowed a long 43-yard reception in the first quarter.

Sidenote: I'm on the Logan Bruss Bandwagon!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It seems to have finally clicked for Bruss. It would be such an added bonus if he keeps it up and makes the team. Can't have too many linemen.

methomas50

Rookie

Top 5 Offense
WR Jordan Whittington: 84.8
LG Zach Thomas: 84.1
RG Logan Bruss: 81.5
C Justin Dedich: 73.0
TE Miller Forristall: 71.1

Whittington was a stud, but so was the offensive line. Thomas, Bruss and Dedich allowed zero total pressures in the game. In fact, A.J. Arcuri and Conor McDermott were the only two linemen to allow any pressures on Bennett.

Forristall caught the game-winning touchdown pass from Bennett and was the fifth-highest-graded player on offense for LA.

Top 5 Defense
OLB Nick Hampton: 87.0
LB Omar Speights: 85.5
S Jaylen McCollough: 78.6
CB Shaun Jolly: 76.1
S Tanner Ingle: 73.5

Hampton was in the backfield constantly against the Cowboys, finishing the game with five total pressures.

For the most part, the secondary held up well against the Cowboys’ receivers, too, led by McCollough, Jolly and Ingle. McCollough was particularly impressive, driving on the ball to make a stick tackle on a short pass into the flat.

Bottom 5 Offense
TE Hunter Long: 52.7
WR J.J. Laap: 51.2
C Mike McAllister: 49.3
TE Davis Allen: 47.2
QB Stetson Bennett: 39.2

Bennett was unsurprisingly the lowest-graded offensive player among those who played at least 10 snaps, throwing four interceptions. Laap was targeted once but didn’t have a reception or any touches in the game. The same goes for Allen, who also had 10 pass-blocking snaps.

McAllister didn’t allow any pressures but his 61.6 run-blocking grade weighed him down.

Bottom 5 Defense
LB Olakunle Fatukasi: 54.5
CB Cameron McCutcheon: 53.1
DT Cory Durden: 47.9
DL Larrell Murchison: 43.7
DT Tuli Letuligasenoa: 30.5

All five of these defenders were among the team’s lowest-graded players for one reason or another. Durden, Fatukasi and Murchison missed one tackle each, while McCutcheon allowed a long 43-yard reception in the first quarter.

Sidenote: I'm on the Logan Bruss Bandwagon!!
Thanks for posting. Would love to salvage Bruss. Murchison looks to be in trouble. Poor play and numbers crunch.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Nick Hampton gets my "most improved" award.

I keyed on him last preseason, and I remember how he had zero impact. Just got absolutely swallowed up by bigger linemen. Looked like a kid flailing against grown men. He'd try one move, it would fail, and then he was lost.

By contrast, Hampton looked like a technician yesterday. Definitely had a plan for every rush and would string a couple moves together. Very effective pass rush. He's got a spot nailed down for sure.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Funny how different writers opinions are on player grades.

Was reading on another thread players like Davis, Hummle, and limmer grading in the 80s. I probably forgot a couple but those are who stuck out to me the most in game one.

On another note, good for Bruss, if he can come through this season maybe he sticks around and becomes a long term ram even as a backup you can't have enough serviceable guards. Let's see how he finishes out the pre season tho.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As much as I want improvement by our guys, they are playing Home Depot employees right now..
Don't underestimate Home Depot employees. I've seen some them weave through the garden section with ease. Climb the step ladder and with skill use a rake to pull the cordless hedge trimmer off the top rack. Then catching the box with one hand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Loyal
Why don't you like me
MattCarey.jpg

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
TEs were definitely the most underwhelming group for me. I expected to see a little fireworks from them. Think it was Allen that should have had that TD, the ball was placed well but he seemed to slow up as he split the defenders. Timing between he and Bennett I imagine will improve. Like Whit was saying there aren't a lot of reps for a QB3 in camp.

Bennett's height is definitely a prob. This is why I don't like short QBs. But since the job is backup and since he moves well and can make throws, plus has the Georgia production in big games... I still think he has enough for QB2 duties down the road.

Jimmy being out really raises the pressure on him. There is certainly a metric he has to reach in his efficiency, and game one that didn't happen. I'm pulling for him though. There aren't a lot of QBs who can shake off shitty performance when it matters to get the dub like he just did. Defense minimized his mistakes nicely of course, but he still got it done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Among others, I thought Hummel really stood out on several plays. He looks like he has maybe muscled up since last year and was really active and around the ball.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
As much as I want improvement by our guys, they are playing Home Depot employees right now..
That is true, but in the past what we had on the field looked pretty mediocer against this type of competition. So overall depth is improving which should really show up in special teams.