Goff Trade Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's possible if they play a team with a good offense and Jenkins goes down or gets suspended again while the other players remain out. And they don't make the defensive changes they were said to make after this game (To simplify the system).

Not a lot of effort at all.

Just took a quick look at the Rams opponent with clear eyes and without Rams fan blinders, really.
Seems like it takes effort to knock them.
How about Dallas? Rams scored the same points against them as Green Bay. I guess the Rams had it easier?
Should they have scored 60 against the Giants? Or if they “only” scored 30, would that have been bad?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Funny. Last year after watching the first half of that Saints game, I said to my friend that I had seen enough from Goff in that half that I knew he had the talent to be the Rams QB of the future. I also said, I don't care what he does for the rest of the season, this guy will be good. Yikes. I had no idea that would literally be the last good half of a game he would have until this season. Thanks for bailing me out kid!!

Goff still makes a few confusing throws and misses some open guys from time to time, but if that is all I have to complain about with all the good he has done....and with all of 15 games under his belt....I'll take it.

Some people just have to be the smartest guy in the room and "temper" all optimism with their backhanded compliments and comments about how much better other players are in their eyes. Those same people always leave themselves an easy out though. They play both sides of the fence. That way, they can be the smartest guy in the room if our players fail, and not look like trolls if those players continue to succeed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just recently began to closely watch Matt Stafford....the Kershaw connection, I call it....why couldn't he win? then, why could he win, with Megatron leaving???? Those coaches that they fired...Then, Jim Bob Cooter...quite a ride.
Always liked him at Georgia. Really liked him in the pros...He wins games...in-spite/despite his defense...He reminds me of Brett Farve. He's better than Flacco, Ryan, Dalton, Cam....yep, he edges Cam out...barely...accuracy counts in Champ's transcendent's....LOL....You put him on any real team, he'd be in a SB by now. No, the Lions just got serious, if they keep that HC.....they'll stay in the playoffs while he's there. Matt Stafford can win games by himself almost...he's a tractor....not a trailer....he pulls....doesn't need to be pulled. Check him out in 4th quarters....red zone...check his weapons...besides Taint, who else??? I'm starting to like Jones too.....as a singer. LOL....No, Jones and Abdulla are good players....not great, but real good. No TE....and I liked that guy....but he doesn't like contact either...Ebron I mean. Nope....the QB carries the Lions....and he's carried them to the playoffs 2 seasons in a row....took a while...but they finally got a good OC, Jim Bob...and a good HC.

The Lions have made the playoffs three times in nine years with Stafford. They have never made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons (so that statement of yours is incorrect). They are 0-3 in the playoffs. Stafford's career record is below .500. But yea, Stafford is a "winner."

I really should be used to your bias by now, but it always seems to baffle me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's possible if they play a team with a good offense and Jenkins goes down or gets suspended again while the other players remain out. And they don't make the defensive changes they were said to make after this game (To simplify the system).

Not a lot of effort at all.

Just took a quick look at the Rams opponent with clear eyes and without Rams fan blinders, really.

It's funny because that's always the out for people with unpopular opinions. "I'm just a realist. All you are biased (or homers)."

jacktheripper85

Starter
But, what other good offense has played the Giants under the same circumstances?

For example, the Eagles played the Giants when their season wasn't basically over. And key players like CB Janoris Jenkins, Pass Rusher Olivier Vernon, and I believe one of their starting LBs whose name escapes me were on the field. And would the Giants offense had been so stagnant giving the Rams more opportunities if WRs Odell Beckham and Brandon Marshall along with OLine starters Justin Pugh & Weston Richburg had played like I believe they did vs. Philly? I doubt it.

You want to talk about circumstances...ok.. prior to the Giant game the West Coast Rams travelled to Jacksonville, London, and back to NY. Played in Their stadium and in the rain and put up a 50 spot. Let me know when the same circumstances come up. And by the way Goffs bomb to Watkins even more impressive considering the weather conditions. I honestly think you guys ragging on Goff are just lonely and are looking to stir things up so you have someone to talk to.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It's funny because that's always the out for people with unpopular opinions. "I'm just a realist. All you are biased (or homers)."

That may be true. And that response might make more sense if I didn't offer facts and not opinion regarding all the key players missing from the Giants lineup on Sunday. Were they there and I missed them?

Seems like it takes effort to knock them.
How about Dallas? Rams scored the same points against them as Green Bay. I guess the Rams had it easier?
Should they have scored 60 against the Giants? Or if they “only” scored 30, would that have been bad?

This makes no sense. Why in the world would Memphis Ram want to knock the Rams???

Do we really need everyone to be on board with blindly validating everything this team does as if the opponent and their situations don't matter? Is that what's going to make everyone happy now?

What's happened to this board?:(

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
You want to talk about circumstances...ok.. prior to the Giant game the West Coast Rams travelled to Jacksonville, London, and back to NY. Played in Their stadium and in the rain and put up a 50 spot. Let me know when the same circumstances come up. And by the way Goffs bomb to Watkins even more impressive considering the weather conditions. I honestly think you guys ragging on Goff are just lonely and are looking to stir things up so you have someone to talk to.

Ragging on Goff? Looking to stir things up? I've been away for awhile, but I ask again, what in the world has happened to this board?

We used to be able to discuss all facets of each game with the understanding that the team isn't playing in a vacuum and that there are guys on the other side of the football who have circumstances and situations that might affect them, too. Has this newfound winning resorted to anyone without blind praise of the team being seen as basically an outcase or troll? Good grief.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
That may be true. And that response might make more sense if I didn't offer facts and not opinion regarding all the key players missing from the Giants lineup on Sunday. Were they there and I missed them?

This makes no sense. Why in the world would I want to knock the Rams?

Do we really need everyone to be on board to blindly validate everything this team does as if the opponent and their situations don't matter for everyone to be happy?

What's happened to this board?:(

"What has happened to this board?"

Winning football for a change, just maybe

Duuuuh :D

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The rams are 6 and 2 and are the highest scoring team in the nfl. Nobody cares if Jared isn't perfect right now. He still hasn't played 16 games yet.

Man there are some tough markers in this world.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The rams are 6 and 2 and are the highest scoring team in the nfl. Nobody cares if Jared isn't perfect right now. He still hasn't played 16 games yet.

Man there are some tough markers in this world.

Some people just don't realize that or maybe they are just so set in an opinion against him that they don't care. This kid has started 14 games and has made an amazing course change in his career and is leading the Rams to a great first half of the season. But it doesn't appear to be good enough for some people.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They had no issues limiting Seattle the week before us despite all the injuries. The only major difference for us was Jenkins. Seattle scored 24 (7 on a play that arguably was a pick). We scored 51. You'd be catching less heat if you didn't seem so intent on raining on people's parade.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Ragging on Goff? Looking to stir things up? I've been away for awhile, but I ask again, what in the world has happened to this board?

We used to be able to discuss all facets of each game with the understanding that the team isn't playing in a vacuum and that there are guys on the other side of the football who have circumstances and situations that might affect them, too. Has this newfound winning resorted to anyone without blind praise of the team being seen as basically an outcase or troll? Good grief.

I don’t have blind praise but I also don’t have an agenda. To prove my point as Ram fans I’d be more worried about the 2 bombs Eli missed to wide open receivers rather than Goff. That was my biggest concern watching that game.

Memphis Ram

Legend
They had no issues limiting Seattle the week before us despite all the injuries. The only major difference for us was Jenkins. Seattle scored 24 (7 on a play that arguably was a pick). We scored 51. You'd be catching less heat if you didn't seem so intent on raining on people's parade.

I've got a good response about Seattle, but apparently the so-called rain would continue so I'm done. Have at it guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've got a good response about Seattle, but apparently the so-called rain would continue so I'm done. Have at it guys.

Go for it. Maybe it was raining when Seattle played the Giants? Oh wait, no, that was our game. ;)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Strange thread. Not really understanding how anyone can be disappointed in what Goff is doing this year.

I don't think I am drinking Kool aid here. The kid has 15 games under his belt after coming out as a true junior where he played in a spread offense. Then last year was almost criminal the lack of quality coaching that he recieved.

So now after only 8 games in a new offense, he is playing very well, putting up great numbers for a 2nd year QB.... and his team is winning!!! I thought that too was a plus?

Anyway, message boards are filled with agendas and some can't let go of old arguments and stances they take on a given subject. Yeah well that's the way it is I guess.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Beginning to wonder just how many of these "realists" were Wentz guys...my guess is ALL of them

Bradford vs Suh all over again?

Too funny

And I'm sure they'll say it has nothing to do with it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What happened to this board?
I dunno we typically spent time coming up with reasons why our poor play was better than the results showed.
Now we are hitting on all cylinders and some feel the need to say we aren’t as good.
Hmmmm.
I don’t remember this board ever being about knocking down our team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What happened to this board?
I dunno we typically spent time coming up with reasons why our poor play was better than the results showed.
Now we are hitting on all cylinders and some feel the need to say we aren’t as good.
Hmmmm.
I don’t remember this board ever being about knocking down our team.
Come on Dieter put down the pom poms.