Goff or Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
There was an article posted on the Athletic yesterday about this....anyone have an acct they can use to post it here?

Ram65

Legend
Everyone in Philly wants to know what's wrong with Wentz.

He is back to throwing the ball high which seems like a mechanical issue. He may have been a little afraid of the Rams coverage over the middle. It seemed like he fixed a lot of that in 2018. He may be feeling Jalen Hurts as a replacement on the bench which makes hem try to do too much. The Eagles haven't helped him. He needs to move around more on scheduled play calls. He is very good on the rollouts. Could be they want to keep him from running which isn't his game.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
He's old, time to trade him and go with Jalen Hurts.

No blue font so I'll take it you are serious.

Some fans have started the trade talk. Some on sports radio think he is slowing down. He has taken a good amount of hits. If he continues to struggle the calls for Hurt will get louder and louder.

KayJay

Starter
Lol I think its all mechanical. I watch a lot of NBA basketball. The problem often with budding stars is, people stop coaching them because they figure "They've got it all figured out, why waste my breath; he's going to go out there and do what he always does and get us the win". Sadly people jump the gun on Wentz and it looks like he's out of practice on some throws. The thing about Goff and Dak (reluctantly mentioning him) is that they are almost always on the field where as Wentz is always hurt. If you aren't playing, you aren't getting valuable experience. Goff has had the benefit of playing without missing any time. The best ability is availability.

They already paid him, its time to go back and salvage what he was back in 2017. But I'll tell ya, the guy has always had accuracy issues. Just not as bad decision making. I think they just jumped the gun to make the Rams look foolish for drafting Goff who they tried to label a draft bust. And now they are all disappointed that they may be wrong in the long run. Those three (Goff, Dak, Wentz) will always be tied to one another. Its just how it is. And when you get outplayed by the guy who everyone told you were better than; its bound to make a bunch of people turn heads.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No blue font so I'll take it you are serious.

Some fans have started the trade talk. Some on sports radio think he is slowing down. He has taken a good amount of hits. If he continues to struggle the calls for Hurt will get louder and louder.

Sorry should have been in blue font, but I expect him to break out in a big way this week against the worst team in football the Cincinnatti Bengals and their Head Coach who should not be a Head Coach at the High School level in Zac Taylor.

Ram65

Legend
Sorry should have been in blue font, but I expect him to break out in a big way this week against the worst team in football the Cincinnatti Bengals and their Head Coach who should not be a Head Coach at the High School level in Zac Taylor.

LOl you know they are passionate about sports especially the Eagles here in Philly.

There really is a lot of doubt creeping in about Wentz even from his staunchest supporters. Stay tuned. The Bengals defense should help him this week.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Superbowl MVP? Agreed that is a reach. League MVP no reach at all - he was a shoe in until the injury. Goff > Wentz since they were drafted, but it’s not by a landslide. Right now, Goff is playing great (and is completely underrated as always). Win a SB and that changes
The goff sb win would have to comewithout mcvay as coach for jared to get credit.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Think what you will but I know what I know.

You did not know that Brian Schottenheimer was in Seattle when your analysis of Garoppolo was based on Schottenheimer’s coaching.

That mistake is going to impact how some of us view your opinion.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
It seems telling a HC would say that in public. Add that with the jalen hurts pick and you have a lot of smoke suggesting inner turmoil.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Where is the Foles or Keenum thread?
517.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Why isnt Dak part of the debate as he is from the draft class
My take is because the Rams had a choice, and essentially made the choice for Philly(even if they wanted Wentz all along).
I mean, no team was going to trade up to #1 or #2 to get Dak.

Dak has turned out to be a great pick considering he was a 4th. Maybe if he was a top 10 pick and 3rd overall QB drafted...