Giants@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Hang on just a minute.

I know this is a vent thread. But are people seriously talking about trading Gurley??

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm willing to hand this entire roster over to a new HC. I believe it's a solid group overall.
IMO the critical problems are at LT, CB and QB(although Goff is there). If Goff can play then that's not too bad. Not alot of fixing needed personnel-wise.

The preparation is poor outside of the NFCW. It has been since 2012. It hasn't changed in 4+ years.
That responsibility falls squarely on the HC.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he's sticking with Case Keenum, per Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com. "I'll make changes at receiver before I make a change at quarterback," Fisher said, per Rosenthal.
Fisher is a .......................

Mod edit: We don't do the name calling thing here at ROD.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without any novocaine!
So, my 27 year old son and I are watching the end of the game and I said here it comes, the wheels are coming off the bus with a game ending interception. And, like magic, the "roll of toilet paper" was tossed in the air with Quick showing his football IQ by missing the audible. So now, where do we go? I'm thinking about moving to Cleveland and hanging with Browns fans because we as Rams fans are just getting our hearts ripped out and stomped on. Are we the new Cleveland Browns with a tan and our toes in the sand? So much promise, so much hope, so many emotions when we were 3-1 and the talking heads said we were a sham, only to now be 3-4 and losing games we should have won due to undisciplined penalties and poor play on one side of the ball any given week.

FRO

Legend
If the coaches honestly believe that Keenum gives the team the best chance to win and is the best option at QB, then either they are idiots or Goff is a massive bust. Neither is a good answer.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Sorry but those are all horrible ideas why would we completely press the reset button. Not only bad idea's but unrealistic with this team working on moving into a new stadium in a new town in a couple short years.

It's fixing the shit that isn't working or at least trying. Fisher has had plenty of time as has Boudreau. TA is a nice piece to have if your offense is solid around him but our isn't. We need quality OL and QB play before we need a gadget player. What's the alternative ? Keep doing the same ?
What does our stadium have to do with anything I said ? I don't give a shit about the new town or the new fans or lack thereof. I want a winning football team.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Fisher says qb play is NOT the reason we are losing and lost today. What game did he watch???

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yes, I'm just saying they have to play better for the Rams to win. They need to score 6 on there side to make up for the lack of offense.

Ok Jeff Fisher. Whatever you say.

It's not the defenses job to score points. If they do, it's a bonus.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's fixing the crap that isn't working or at least trying. Fisher has had plenty of time as has Boudreau. TA is a nice piece to have if your offense is solid around him but our isn't. We need quality OL and QB play before we need a gadget player. What's the alternative ? Keep doing the same ?
What does our stadium have to do with anything I said ? I don't give a crap about the new town or the new fans or lack thereof. I want a winning football team.
And nothing you suggest would be realistic as in teams trading for Tavon. Or help the team as in us trading Gurley. Just not going to happen no GM in the world would do that. This team isn't as bad as people are making them out to be. The coaching is that bad. Put a good coach in there and let him bring in some quality assistants and this team is winning.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It's sad that he is the best the Rams have.

How would we know. The fact is, this is Keenum's ceiling. At least if either one of our back up QBs had played from the beginning of the season, they could be playing better than Keenum, just because of the experience. Keenums first 3 games stunk and he improved to what he is now. Which is a very good number 3 QB.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If the coaches honestly believe that Keenum gives the team the best chance to win and is the best option at QB, then either they are idiots or Goff is a massive bust. Neither is a good answer.
Sure hope we have an idiot staff, they can be replaced. If Goff isn't the answer this franchise is in deep shit for a long time, kinda scary.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Coping with the Loss ,I've come to terms with losing
As a fan, you shouldn't have to cope with loss, after loss, after loss, yada, yada, yada. It's the fans who pay for the tickets, the merchandise, and everything else tied to this team and maybe it's time we start boycotting everything they do. Yeah, Stan will still make his millions regardless, but playing in empty stadiums might send a message.

"Stan, you want our support, then man up, grow a pair and start making some changes for the future of this franchise! How's it going to look when you open your stadium in 2019 without any fans."

I am so freaking tired of mediocrity with this franchise. It's freaking unbelievable how inept this entire organization is top to bottom.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea Quick missed the audible , but Keenum threw it right away without looking . And I never saw a jump ball thrown like a punt . Keenum could've thrown 6 ints today , so yes he is to blame . I've said it since pre season that he is god awful , and Tennessee is laughing all the way to the bank . Both Fisher and Snead need to go if they traded the farm for a guy that can't beat out what we are witnessing. Pathetic

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's fixing the crap that isn't working or at least trying. Fisher has had plenty of time as has Boudreau. TA is a nice piece to have if your offense is solid around him but our isn't. We need quality OL and QB play before we need a gadget player. What's the alternative ? Keep doing the same ?

What does our stadium have to do with anything I said ? I don't give a crap about the new town or the new fans or lack thereof. I want a winning football team.

I think Boudreau has been getting by due to the respect he garnered as a top- notch O line guru...I just don't see what he's done the last few years (without regard to how much talent may or may not exist in the line )...

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
The Rams after a ridiculous offsides penalty, then have to take a timeout! Then after a timeout, on the biggest play of the game, the QB and receiver are not on the same page. I don't know of any other team that could pull this kind of little league lack of focus and attention to detail. I am okay losing, but never okay losing because of mental errors.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Case Keenum: Forced a bunch of throws. Not careful with the football. Wasn't on the same page with his receivers. Missed critical wide open throws.

Todd Gurley: He has been very poor in the running game which is why we are having to rely so heavily on the pass. He is going down on arm tackles and lacking explosiveness. He has been decent in the passing game but not good enough.

Greg Robinson: Horrible. Flagged constantly for holding and shows an inability to pass block.

Rob Havenstein: Played as bad as Robinson or worse. Got beat by Olivier Vernon all day and had a terrible false start in a crucial moment.

Lance Kendricks: Played very well. He had one drop on what would have been a minimal gain anyway but was making plays consistently throughout the game.

Tavon Austin: He was a sour patch kid. Did some great things such as the touchdown, the solid punt return, and the few first down. He also made huge mistakes with the pick that popped off his hands, the fumbled punt return that we nearly lost, and not playing the ball on several plays.

Kenny Britt: Got open on a few occasions but lost the battle on multiple contested catches.

Brian Quick: Managed to exploit Jenkins with the double move, made several key catches, and even drew a PI penalty on third down. Thought he got lost on that deep pass where he got out of position and mistimed his jump.

EJ Gaines: Played well. Broke up a few passes and didn't give up any big plays other than the wiff on Cruz and the gift for Beckham. Also recovered a fumble.

Troy Hill: Was a strength rather than a liability. Covered Beckham on most plays and held him in check. He also played the run well and didn't let anyone behind him.

Maurice Alexander: Didn't do anything notable at FS other than when he blitzed. Tackled hard.

TJ McDonald: Had a couple heavy hits.

Mark Barron: Didn't get much pressure when he rushed Manning but was great against the run and in coverage.

Alec Ogletree: Played strong, aggressive, and physical. Managed the defense well and did not allow much room in the middle for Jennings.

Robert Quinn: Poor. Didn't get off his blocks or generate much pressure. Most running plays were not his way but not even a single tackle or assisted tackle.

Aaron Donald: He was a brick wall in the middle and the tip of the spear in the rush defense. He pressured Manning into check-downs and was in his face unlike the rest of the D-line but still didn't grab a sack.

Lamarcus Joyner: Delivered the hit that forced the fumble and had a clutch end-zone pass defended on a 3rd down.

William Hayes: Was not really involved, much like Quinn. Was mostly owned by the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.