Get your highlights here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. Almost everyone he plays against is faster than the guys he played in college yet it looked pretty much the same. It's what really got me geeked up. It's one thing to say he's a special player and has potential. An entirely different thing to see it against a pretty good NFL defense.

Agreed. I think it was @Mackeyser that said Gurley has Peterson like speed. I said no...Gurley might make me eat crow as he distances himself from the ACL.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Wow. Watching the game, it didn't ever hit me just how fast Gurley is. But damn, when he gets day-light, he's seriously fast...even for a NFL player. You never know how that will carry over from college.

Only reason Honey Badger ran him down was he had an angle on him.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the same thing. I didn't think he would look quite that fast at the NFL level. This guy is a freak and I already know he's going to have a huge career for the Rams.
Love the post! How well do we love that draft pick now? Well worth the wait to see the finished product, like saving it until the honeymoon night!

jap

Legend
The Honey Badger is sliding up my hated list. He's not quite in Richard Sherman territory yet but he's really, really trying hard. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow. Watching the game, it didn't ever hit me just how fast Gurley is. But damn, when he gets day-light, he's seriously fast...even for a NFL player. You never know how that will carry over from college.

Yeah and I would be willing to bet that is T. Mattheiu was jawing at him about because Tyrann ran him down from behind.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just before Gurley's big run there was a clip from the Vikings game. It showed Adrian Petersen run through a huge hole for a TD. I told my wife and son, " That's what we need the Rams Oline to do.....open a big hole for Gurley to blow through." Very next play they do exactly that. It was almost like the passing of the torch. We were going nuts.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He sits right between lynch and Peterson to me. Not quite as fast as Peterson but bigger in his style, not quite the bruiser as marshawn but much quicker

TXRams86

The Infamous
holy shit did Gurley have a great game.
had he not opted to go down on his last run (smart move too, showing off his football IQ), he would have tacked on another 20-30 yards and a TD.
this dude is the real deal and it was awesome to see him jawing with honey badger.
he's such a chill and humble dude in interviews but an absolute BEAST come game day.
i would hate to be on the opposing team when he's on the field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just before Gurley's big run there was a clip from the Vikings game. It showed Adrian Petersen run through a huge hole for a TD. I told my wife and son, " That's what we need the Rams Oline to do.....open a big hole for Gurley to blow through." Very next play they do exactly that. It was almost like the passing of the torch. We were going nuts.

Dude. I literally did the same thing. You know what they say about great minds and thinking alike...I think it also applies to batshit crazy Rams fans. ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Agreed. I think it was @Mackeyser that said Gurley has Peterson like speed. I said no...Gurley might make me eat crow as he distances himself from the ACL.

Yep, that was me. And, I also said he broke tackles other guys didn't break and accelerates past guys making it very hard for them to break down on him. If they get down, he jukes. If they stay light for the juke, he trucks them. And HE'S BIG and hits like a real big truck...

We got to see today that those arm tackles didn't bring him down and he's got great balance, but when he accelerates... he just BLOWS PAST guys...

What's amazing is that he's not even 100% yet.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dude. I literally did the same thing. You know what they say about great minds and thinking alike...I think it also applies to batshit crazy Rams fans. ;)

I know that you compare him to Edgerinn James, I can see it, but I was watching Lawrence Phillips highlights from Nebraska and I think that is an eve closer comparison.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that you compare him to Edgerinn James, I can see it, but I was watching Lawrence Phillips highlights from Nebraska and I think that is an eve closer comparison.

Todd Gurley's significant other just fled his house after reading this post. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It couldn't have been timed any better. I also thought that it looked like a light went on for our Oline. The looked like they had more confidence. They were more aggressive on that play and after that. Maybe something clicked.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
That 47 yards by Tavon is awesome. I was clapping so hard after he caught it. Those plays is what I wanted to see from cig.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It couldn't have been timed any better. I also thought that it looked like a light went on for our Oline. The looked like they had more confidence. They were more aggressive on that play and after that. Maybe something clicked.

Nope. They have looked better every game. They are just the whipping boy of the Rams. Against the Steelers they made some huge holes for Gurley, he was just a step short. Fisher told the truth for once.

This probably shouldn't be an expectation yet, but it's coming.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That 47 yards by Tavon is awesome. I was clapping so hard after he caught it. Those plays is what I wanted to see from cig.

You notice he cut off Cook in the second half and called out his reliables? Thank god. If Fisher ever admits his draft was better than his overpaid FA, Rams will rock the 3rd downs.

Cook almost single handedly cost the Rams this game.