Gerald Everett Is The Answer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Indeed..........so far it's been a big fat noting-burger. Though Brown has been doing OK on the ground he's never been a threat catching out of the backfield. Maybe that's where Henderson can earn some time on the field by showing in practice.
Did you see Gurley pick up the blitzing DB from the other side of Goff? You will not see much of Henderson until he can do those types of things. It is what I said before the season started. It is a big reason Brown was brought back. Henderson won't play unless someone gets hurt or we have a huge lead. It is how the rams do business with newbee RBs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Supposedly, DH is a Chris Thompson type player. How they work him into that role will be interesting to watch.

And if Everett is gonna get 9 targets a game as I suspect, who gets the reduction? Not Kupp. I think Brown may be odd man out going forward unless Gurley breaks down.

I just took a quick glance at how the ball has been distributed and something jumped out at me.

Brown is a non factor in the passing game.

Gurley has 14 catches for 68 yards on 22 targets. That's 4.9 YPC.

That may be an answer right there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did you see Gurley pick up the blitzing DB from the other side of Goff? You will not see much of Henderson until he can do those types of things. It is what I said before the season started. It is a big reason Brown was brought back. Henderson won't play unless someone gets hurt or we have a huge lead. It is how the rams do business with newbee RBs.

It's also a big reason why Gurley has been on the field as much as he has been without getting touches.

The guy is a fantastic blocker.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I just took a quick glance at how the ball has been distributed and something jumped out at me.

Brown is a non factor in the passing game.

Gurley has 14 catches for 68 yards on 22 targets. That's 4.9 YPC.

That may be an answer right there.

Good point. Brown limits the offense, plus he’s not explosive. That’s not what McVay wants his offense to be, unless we have a good lead.

I don’t think we’ll see much of him in the first quarter the rest of the way.

…..

Legend
Both TE’s did well. Really cool to see Everett with a 100 yard game.

Has anyone mentioned that Tampa was 31st in the league against TE’s? I wonder if that stat played a part in additional targets. There was one sideline incompletion to Everett where he was clearly Goff’s only target.

Anyway, I took Jared Cook in DraftKings today, just in case.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Anybody have thoughts on tomorrow’s matchup with Everett against the 49ers.

I would love to start him in fantasy but am a bit hesitant since I have Dissly on my roster

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He’s certainly a big part of the answer. Last night sucked but we finally saw McVay scheming against the 6-1 and it worked completely. So hopefully they can integrate that into the playbook now to be able to go freely between that and the old school 11 personnel so they can adjust on the fly.

I love Everett’s physicality too. He was fighting like a dog on this yacs he had. Loved it, was exactly the energy our offense needed. Love the way him and Kupp play after the catch.

Also, he fucking destroyed Clowney on a chip. He was ready last night.

View: https://twitter.com/kaylachristin_e/status/1179939269382561792?s=21

Really hard to stop watching that. :ROFLMAO:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Dissly appears to have torn his Achilles on a on non contract play in the 1st half.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Anybody have thoughts on tomorrow’s matchup with Everett against the 49ers.

I would love to start him in fantasy but am a bit hesitant since I have Dissly on my roster

I replaced Gurley with him in my Flex, but I'm also fucked this year fantasy wise so my advice may not be good.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I replaced Gurley with him in my Flex, but I'm also fucked this year fantasy wise so my advice may not be good.
Amen. Gurley and Juju have destroyed one of my leagues....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After taking time away to cool off, McVay hasn't figured it out. I really thought he had, but he went right back to what wasn't working. The OL cannot execute his preferred scheme. He needs to get Everett on the field and move towards more of a pass-first attack with a greater emphasis on shorter, rhythm throws. Once we start carving teams up by throwing underneath their coverage, it'll open up the run and PA passing he wants to use. I don't know why he went away from it after it worked against Seattle.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I've dropped Gurley completely from 2 of my fantasy teams. He's only average in FF, maybe even a little less. Truly sad how quickly this happened. And hey, I could care less about FF it's fun but I don't care much if I lose in it. I'm just saying this because I just realized how absolutely sure I am that Gurley will never regain what he did the last 2 years.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
After taking time away to cool off, McVay hasn't figured it out. I really thought he had, but he went right back to what wasn't working. The OL cannot execute his preferred scheme. He needs to get Everett on the field and move towards more of a pass-first attack with a greater emphasis on shorter, rhythm throws. Once we start carving teams up by throwing underneath their coverage, it'll open up the run and PA passing he wants to use. I don't know why he went away from it after it worked against Seattle.

Shame that being acclimated to something that worked for so long can turn even a young, innovative mind like McVay into a rigid stump. Hope this Whiners game was a hard slap to his face to adapt.