GDT: The Early and Late Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case Keenum is F'ing killin me. Von Miller strips ball right out of RBs hands. Next play Keenum throws an unpressured pass straight to a Seahawk. Third of the day.

Regression to the mean. Should have traded for Teddy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thru 3 quarters:

DJ and Fitzgerald have a combined 100 yds of offense. Everyone else combined? 17 yds.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
What does the number of blockers have to do with the defender taking a cheapshot or dirty hit to injure the QB. As I have stated and we have seen many times today it is still ok to sack the QB, you just cant launch yourself onto him as he is already going down. No team coaches its players to launch themselves onto a tackled player at any position. People are either over reacting or just not watching what is being penalized. You can land on the QB without launching yourself onto him and it is not a penalty.

We're gonna disagree.

If a D player is one step away and the QB is locked and loaded to launch the pass the the D player should be able to launch and land on the QB with all he has.

And yes number of blockers would clearly lower the amount of hits a QB takes.

We just disagree

Psycho_X

Legend
Jesus, Keenum almost threw another straight to Dion Jordan... a DE... like 4 yards away. Just beat the damn Seahawks and you can suck the rest of the year Case.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin (knee) won't return to the game, according to the press box announcement. Baldwin limped off the field in the first quarter after being tended to on the field. He returned later in the half but is now out for good. Baldwin missed almost all of training camp with a knee injury.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41031558-4

Psycho_X

Legend
Baldwin missed almost all of training camp with a knee injury.

Different knee, but yeah not sure what it means. He came back out for a bit but then went back to locker room. Might be a bad sign for him.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We're gonna disagree.

If a D player is one step away and the QB is locked and loaded to launch the pass the the D player should be able to launch and land on the QB with all he has.

And yes number of blockers would clearly lower the amount of hits a QB takes.

We just disagree

The situation you are describing is not a penalty. It is after making contact with the QB the defender launches himself onto the already going down QB that is a penalty. Again it has nothing to do with blockers or hits on the QB, it is the blatant attempt to injure the QB that draws the flag. It is also a penalty to dive onto an already down ball carrier I suppose you think this shouldnt be a penalty either. It is the same thing as launching yourself onto an already going down QB.

I would like to see a replay of a defender just landing on a QB that was flagged. Every play I have seen flagged for this you could see the defender make an extra effort to launch himself onto the QB. Just falling with/on the QB is not being penalized.

Psycho_X

Legend
Good god, wide open Lockett with no one covering. Easy touchdown for Seahawks. Got to count on Keenum to score now.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The situation you are describing is not a penalty. It is after making contact with the QB the defender launches himself onto the already going down QB that is a penalty. Again it has nothing to do with blockers or hits on the QB, it is the blatant attempt to injure the QB that draws the flag. It is also a penalty to dive onto an already down ball carrier I suppose you think this shouldnt be a penalty either. It is the same thing as launching yourself onto an already going down QB.

I would like to see a replay of a defender just landing on a QB that was flagged. Every play I have seen flagged for this you could see the defender make an extra effort to launch himself onto the QB. Just falling with/on the QB is not being penalized.

Again we're gonna disagree. It's all good.

But here's the link to a player launching. If a QB is in a passing position and a defender launches then it's a foul which I disagree with.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/

tempests

Hall of Fame
Heck of a job by D Thomas getting those feet inbounds. And Denver got a little lucky. Not sure they would've overturned that if they stayed with their original INC ruling.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, Hawks are ahead of the Broncos in Denver..wtf? NEVER give a sucker an even break, Case Keenum.