GDT: Rams at Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lots of targets to Higbee, but not many catches... anyone that has a stream want to elaborate???

Goff had a few throws that were very well defended, Mannion threw some that were too high. Higbee hasn't been bad, but he hasn't really been open.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Ok Ive seen enough of mcroberts to give him more reps than that scrub thomas.

Yet thomas is still running as the main WR. How!?!?

bluecoconuts

Legend
looked like cooper getting checked out by a doc on the sideline crap...

The only guy making plays for Goff today

There were a few passes that were flagged for PI/Contact that I think Goff had... They got the yardage because of the flag, but still.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Sonny Dykes has more to do with Goffs struggles than Fisher does. The team (the actual starters) held their own today against a SB Champion. Winning when Keenum was pulled.

Goff's "struggles" are typical of a rookie QB. Fisher's nonsense during training camp has wasted a great opportunity. It's pure stupidity. The Rams didn't trade what they did because they thought Keenum was the guy. They know what Keenum is. I know what Keenum is. We all know what Keenum is. There's absolutely no reason not to give Goff the first-team reps other than Fisher's typical stupidity with rookie players.

Dolpho

UDFA
Goff's "struggles" are typical of a rookie QB. Fisher's nonsense during training camp has wasted a great opportunity. It's pure stupidity. The Rams didn't trade what they did because they thought Keenum was the guy. They know what Keenum is. I know what Keenum is. We all know what Keenum is. There's absolutely no reason not to give Goff the first-team reps other than Fisher's typical stupidity with rookie players.

Right now Keenum is better than Goff and by a large margin. You give the starter the 1st team reps so he stays sharp and learns the intricacies of the opposing defense. You don't start or give all the 1st team reps to the 1st pick who can barely handle the speed of NFL defenses.

bluecoconuts

Legend

I think they're afraid to give him the Bradford treatment... Where he's thrown into the fire and starts hearing ghosts. I agree though, I think someone like Goff needs to learn by doing... Let him make his mistakes and get the timing down with the 1's, rather than watch him throw good passes to guys who can't catch. At this point I feel he's locking onto receivers because he's looking for the one guy on the field who can actually catch the damn ball.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Keenum starting I drop my prediction from 10 wins to 6 or 7 :( Really disappointed with the way this week rounded out.

WvuIN02

Starter
How's he going to handle the speed of NFL defenses if all he is facing are guys who are told to pull up and not kill him?

At some point you have to get out of the baby pool and swim with the sharks

bluecoconuts

Legend
Right now Keenum is better than Goff and by a large margin. You give the starter the 1st team reps so he stays sharp and learns the intricacies of the opposing defense. You don't start or give all the 1st team reps to the 1st pick who can barely handle the speed of NFL defenses.

Keenum is more comfortable because he's familiar with the NFL and the playbook. It's obvious that Goff throws the best ball on the team, and it's not even close. It depends on how you want to develop your guy really, I trust Fisher knows what he's doing, but I think by keeping Goff with the 2's will slow down his development.

Dolpho

UDFA
I think they're afraid to give him the Bradford treatment... Where he's thrown into the fire and starts hearing ghosts. I agree though, I think someone like Goff needs to learn by doing... Let him make his mistakes and get the timing down with the 1's, rather than watch him throw good passes to guys who can't catch. At this point I feel he's locking onto receivers because he's looking for the one guy on the field who can actually catch the damn ball.

Rams definitely need to draft receivers who can CATCH THE BALL!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing that worries me about Goff, is that he looks fragile. He should never be in the game again with Williams at LT..MOTHER#$%^&!