GDT: Rams at Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff made a mistake on that Stewart near pick. But outside of that, he's looking good today.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's why Goff should start imo. You let him learn on the field. He can make throws that Keenum simply can't.
Goff made the one mistake, because he is learning the speed of NFL defender (almost pick 6)...He has had drops, but he has been very accurate so far

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
14/24, 1 int and 2 fumbles in the preseason so far against 2nd/3rd teamers. What are you watching?
It doesn't help that his WRs are 2nd and 3rd stringers and can't catch the damn ball.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
One thing ive seen Goff do that our other QBs dont is test the tight windows in the middle of the field. Those throws take balls, accuracy, and arm strength. The problem is his receivers arent hanging on through contact and those have been his best throws.

His issues have mostly come on the timing routes. Those things will only get better with time.

Keenum is better now and more ready, but I would still start Goff because his problems are due to experience more than anything. Only way he gets that experience is playing

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I get the impression that Goff is a great student and will develop due to his desire. He looks way different then Bradford did when he is talking to the Coaches. He looks like a student wanting to learn. Not a guy being defensive. Just an observation and hunch

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Goff looking good. Huge improvement from preseason games 1 and 2. Give him some more snaps into the 2nd half. If he keeps it up, I say start him week 1.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Your head doesn't get ready sitting on the bench.

Not 100% true. He needs to continue working on playbook, dropbacks, snaps. He's got too much to process right now, and it's slowing him down. Get all that to be second nature, and he's back to his Cal levels.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
I think we also need to realize that during the last series goff was playing the broncos 1's with rams 2's. He's improving week to week which is very encouraging

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not 100% true. He needs to continue working on playbook, dropbacks, snaps. He's got too much to process right now, and it's slowing him down. Get all that to be second nature, and he's back to his Cal levels.

It's not going to slow down while he sits on the bench. It slows down as he gets used to NFL speed and seeing NFL defensive looks. You get that by playing.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
They need to throw it down field once in awhile, just to keep the defense from jumping all those short routes.

Do not know if it will workout, but my feeling is that the 10 to 25 yard passing game is what they are holding back and not showing in preseason.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenum can't make the throws Goff can...with Gurley (WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!?!?!), I think the kid will win games for us......I have seen a lot of good things from the kid already this game....I say start him Week One vs a suckass team....Good for his confidence.