GDT: Chiefs at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we start real games? This preseason crap is just boring at this point.

And Brian Quick has no business being on this team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've got our 3rd/4th team defense in there now and they have guys that start or have started a lot in there.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Sorry to interrupt the argument about the definition of defense but if we don't stop them we aren't going to see any more of Goff. He has about ten snaps and that is the true shame of this game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Okay. Let's go. Make your argument for yards per game ("total defense") being a better measure of a defense's ability than points allowed. I'll wait.

If you can't do that, then there is no argument here.

As I said in my previous post, with this, I've said my piece. Unless you want to actually argue that yards per game is better. But I doubt anyone wants to do that.

That was the entire point of my argument Jrry and I'll have said my peace as well.
You've said multiple times in this thread how YOU measure. I respect your opinion and the points against stat. I really do. But my only point was it's not how the NFL measures it. Not just ESPN, or NFL network. The actual league bases it on total yards allowed. You or I or maybe everyone on this board may not agree, like it or value it. But it's a fact. I'm stating facts about where we are ranked. Not choosing a stat I like. I see people jumping in on this thread that don't even know where the actual stat comes from apparently. It's not MY stat, it's the NFL's. Like it or not based on what the NFL says is a top 10 defense, we are not.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
"Brian Quick"..... Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners ...

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
This game is getting bad with all these penalties. Our receivers available aren't good enough to get a good shot at seeing what Goff can do, let's just get done with this one without any more injuries.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sorry to interrupt the argument about the definition of defense but if we don't stop them we aren't going to see any more of Goff. He has about ten snaps and that is the true shame of this game.

Yeah, he's not getting good reps, that's what bothers me. Short game last week, defense isn't getting off the field quickly, Goff needs time and he's not getting it... The time he is getting is half wasted because they're just running the ball a lot. Give him some easy completions if you want to slowly grind away, don't just run it.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
The coaches need to figure out what they want to do with Goff. Either sit him or ramp up his 1st team reps and go all in. They are hugging him too tight it seems. Dont want ro risk failure but arent willing to let him take rhe wheel. You don't get him comfortable with the first team through preseason games and then practice reps. You gotta give him the 1st team reps if you want to throw him in with them.