GDT: Chiefs at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Not a great throw by Goff but really I think that has to be the nail in the coffin of Quick. He can't catch the easy one earlier in the game and can't catch the more difficult one now.

First one was a Bradford esque laser with bad timing. I wouldn't throw Quick under the bus on that one.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Gahd! If the Rams suck again this year... guys, I'm gonna seriously have to focus on getting my life together!

I mean, come on! Who wants to do that?!?

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
OK, so assuming we keep six WR, who do you have? I'm taking Britt, Austin, Cooper, Spruce, and after that I don't know. Williams, maybe? Marquez if he's not out now? Thomas seems lost.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I want to see me some Duke Williams now. Take out Quick. He was left in to prove himself he couldn't do it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Brian Quick needs to go.

That's an irrelevant point. What ESPN calls total defense doesn't matter. We are people. We get to think for ourselves. As a person, I rank defenses by points they allowed. If someone thinks yardage is better, they are welcome to make that argument. And I'm happy to have that discussion.

Not just ESPN - the NFL measures the statistic they call "total defense" and they measure it in yards per game. Sure, you can call it something different if you want to - but if we are going to discuss football using a common vernacular, then the language the league sets for itself should carry at least some weight.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry- You are a very knowledgeable guy and this thread has become silly about this conversation. Last thing I'll say and we should just drop it. My argument was never about are we top 10 in points allowed. You said our D was top 10. It only is in that category. Overall we are not. Do you disagree with that statement?
I agree that points allowed are what matter. No argument on that. If they get 400 yards and 17 points we should win.
But my response was valid. total defense we are not top 10. It doesn't matter what any coordinator would prefer or not.
I'm just talking data only.

As for the season I hope to god we are a top 5 scoring defense. If we are we should have a pretty good chance of the playoffs.

It's become silly because you seem to be arguing over a point you don't believe. I rank defenses by points they allowed. That's how I rank defenses. The Rams were a top 10 defense by that measure. That is the only measure that matters to me.

You don't seem to want to debate that is the wrong measure to rank defenses by. But instead, you seem to be arguing that since ESPN doesn't use that as their measure, the Rams aren't top 10. That doesn't fly for me or even matter to me.

I'm not ESPN. I chose the measure that I deem to be the most valuable. You don't even contest that it is the most valuable measure. If you don't contest that it is the most valuable measure and that the Rams were top 10 by that measure, I don't know what we're even arguing about.

I said that our defense is top 10. And it is. That's it. I don't care about yards per game. "Overall defense" isn't a stat. There is no such thing as "overall defense" or "total defense." These are labels used by the media. Unless you are prepared to argue that yards per game is more important than points per game then there's no debate that those stats aren't important in comparison to points. Thus, we are agreed that the Rams were top 10 in the stat that matters.

And with that, I've said my piece.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't know why you guys are arguing about top 10 defense! Everyone knows that the best defense is a good offense...

... oh, wait...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not just ESPN - the NFL measures the statistic they call "total defense" and they measure it in yards per game. Sure, you can call it something different if you want to - but if we are going to discuss football using a common vernacular, then the language the league sets for itself should carry at least some weight.

Okay. Let's go. Make your argument for yards per game ("total defense") being a better measure of a defense's ability than points allowed. I'll wait.

If you can't do that, then there is no argument here.

As I said in my previous post, with this, I've said my piece. Unless you want to actually argue that yards per game is better. But I doubt anyone wants to do that.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

I honestly could care less what the NFL thinks. Like I said, ask any DC which they prefer.