Game Thread: Vikings @ Rams (2014 Game 1)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Guys, ya'all watch a lot of football... Right?

It was a bad half on offense. I don't like it either.

But, "last I checked the game was 60 minutes long".
Actually all games are won and lost in the first half, the rest is just for show. Damn Goddell and his crazy rule changes.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
So far the offense doesn't look very good.

BTW. They just showed a replay of the last play. One of the Viking DB's held one of our receivers 3 times down the field. I thought that was the point of the new rule?
That doesn't mean anything. The Vikings keep getting called for false starts. They're blatant penalties. In fact, they missed a blatant false start and called Long for offsides.

The new rule is supposed to stop illegal contact and holding. I'm not biased on blatant calls. The refs have missed a few on the Viking DB's several times.

fearsomefour

Legend
I hate seeing that replay of that touchdown you can see the hold on Quinn as plain as day
Yeah, I thought that as well....the other calls all seemed legit.
Although, if a guy blasts a guy covering a kick hard enough to send him flying into the return man....how is it not a block in the back?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO all they really need to do is get the run game going and they can pull out a W. That's what is hurting them so far........other than the usual penalties.
Non continuity on play calling....just a collection of plays.
Joseph not playing well enough (gave up a pressure or two) to keep Robinson on the bench.
Rams have to continue to try and run the ball....mix in some first down passes.
Pass rush is not doing a ton, but, part of that is the play calling of the Vikings.
Quick has played well....Zuerline is becoming a liability on long kicks.
Using Austin in the backfield is sort of silly to me....GET HIM INTO SPACE....put him in motion run a deep cross....all these passes where he catches the ball standing still....Schotty bringing the preseason to week 1.
On to the second half....

Yup that's all fair.

About the playcalling.......there is no rhythm so far, they can't seem to get into a groove despite having some nice plays they crap out right afterwards.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I want to be a pride filled fan. Turn this thing around so I can hold my head up high. I can give you a slow start pAss but I'm gonna need a W

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Also what's with all this negativity? I mean I'm frustrated, but game over? Season over? These guys suck already despite only one half of football played?

Ya'll need to settle the freak down, RamStalk this is not.
God damn right.

I'm getting tired of reading you two or three guys who think it's fun to ruin this thread with your "season over", "Schitty", and "So-and-so sucks" comments. If you can't resist the urge to shit on this team, then get the fuck out and come back later. Your douche attitudes are tiring.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
So all the commercials in my feed played seamlessly.... soon as the ball is kicked..... LAG

fearsomefour

Legend
IMO all they really need to do is get the run game going and they can pull out a W. That's what is hurting them so far........other than the usual penalties.

Yup that's all fair.

About the playcalling.......there is no rhythm so far, they can't seem to get into a groove despite having some nice plays they crap out right afterwards.
Exactly. Austin Davis in, not a move I like, but we will see. Wonder if Hill got nicked.
I hate seeing that replay of that touchdown you can see the hold on Quinn as plain as day
Yeah, I thought that as well....the other calls all seemed le