Game Thread: Vikings @ Rams (2014 Game 1)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Also what's with all this negativity? I mean I'm frustrated, but game over? Season over? These guys suck already despite only one half of football played?

Ya'll need to settle the fuck down, RamStalk this is not.

Tough to find anything good to say at the moment.

I suppose Quick looks good, D hasn't been half bad outside of a 6th round rookie bitting on a play action. I suppose Hekker is still one heck of a player.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schotty has to get a lot better mixing things up he is very predictable. Davin Joseph been getting beat like a dog he needs to play better if not for our defense this game would be over

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys claiming the refs are screwing the Rams aren't paying attention.......they have called the same number of penalties on the Vikings for about the same yardage.

That doesn't mean anything. The Vikings keep getting called for false starts. They're blatant penalties. In fact, they missed a blatant false start and called Long for offsides.

RFIP

I have now come to grips with Bradford's injury because if not in Cleveland he surely would have been lost in the first half today.

What an embarrassing offensive line play that was.

After months of practice and OTA's THAT is what we have to show for it? And Robinson isn't better than those guys?

This looks like a train wreck folks, and its only game 1.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
You guys claiming the refs are screwing the Rams aren't paying attention.......they have called the same number of penalties on the Vikings for about the same yardage.

+1

no one's fault but ours. The first penalty on Long was the one BAD penalty so far but this team needs to start playing disciplined...

Debacled

Starter
They aren't coming during big plays for the Vikings like they are for the Rams. Not to mention those false starts are kinda hard to hide (even if they called one on Long that should have been on Rudolph).

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
OT: Living in AZ Cardinals country as many of you know. Whats on TV this weekend? Divisional consideration....?
Lets see i got to see Seattle on national tv.
Cards play Monday so i get that one,which opens up the two Fox NFC games today. Yay Rams right?
No. I get Falcons/Saints early and of course i get 49ers/Cowboys late.

Athos

Legend
Only positive I have if that we should have at least 6 points and Quick should have 90+ yards if not for GZ's horrible miss and ref incompetence.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Quick has been a stud, austin needs to be used better, the oline needs to suck it up, and the defense needs to get a few turnovers

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO all they really need to do is get the run game going and they can pull out a W. That's what is hurting them so far........other than the usual penalties.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Guys, ya'all watch a lot of football... Right?

It was a bad half on offense. I don't like it either.

But, "last I checked the game was 60 minutes long".

Slappy967

Starter
Damn some of you people are throwing in the towel fast, why don't you go load up the moving trucks for LA while you're at it! As for me I expect asses are getting lit up by Williams and Fisher and we will come out of the half looking to prove something.

fearsomefour

Legend
Non continuity on play calling....just a collection of plays.
Joseph not playing well enough (gave up a pressure or two) to keep Robinson on the bench.
Rams have to continue to try and run the ball....mix in some first down passes.
Pass rush is not doing a ton, but, part of that is the play calling of the Vikings.
Quick has played well....Zuerline is becoming a liability on long kicks.
Using Austin in the backfield is sort of silly to me....GET HIM INTO SPACE....put him in motion run a deep cross....all these passes where he catches the ball standing still....Schotty bringing the preseason to week 1.
On to the second half....

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate seeing that replay of that touchdown you can see the hold on Quinn as plain as day

Gordito

UDFA
Its been a decent game so far. The defense has been ok, but the offense which has been the case for years now can't seem to put it together.

Athos

Legend
At least we aren't getting spanked by the Jags of all teams like the Iggles are. :confused: