Former Rams Who Excelled Elsewhere?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That REALLY counts as elsewhere!!(y) ( Loved Kramer!)
Me too!!

th

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First player that came to mind was Fletcher.

Then, Bettis.

When I tried to find a more obscure one , I thought about Shanle... but Noreager beat me to it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Saying he excelled elsewhere would probably be considered a stretch... but I was really pissed when Jeff Kemp left us for the whiners. Him playing there made it so much worse for me. I really liked him as a player.

Nothing pisses me off more than a player leaving us for the whiners... Tyler and Bruce going there were really tough on me.

Lifer

UDFA
Name
Rick
Saying he excelled elsewhere would probably be considered a stretch... but I was really pissed when Jeff Kemp left us for the whiners. Him playing there made it so much worse for me. I really liked him as a player.

Nothing pisses me off more than a player leaving us for the whiners... Tyler and Bruce going there were really tough on me.
Getting Isaac Bruce after letting him go must have softened the blow for most folks cause I didn't see anyone mention Ellard, who had some great years in DC after the rams

nighttrain

Legend
All the players Empress Georgia was to cheap to resign, right off the bat, Hacksaw and Dryer, both went to SF and helped create a dynasty,
train

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
bunch of good ones left but didn't really do all that away from horns...but I see some familiar names, Bettis, Greene, and maybe London F. that outshined their time here (or there, whichever you prefer). Gaston Green was a pop warner PHENOM! But he never did much anywhere...Hacksaw was solid but not spectacular....

FrankenRam

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kurt Warner. :cry:

I wouldn't have included Kurt only because when I initially posted the thread, I was thinking of players who had better careers with other teams than what they had with the Rams.

But that isn't necessarily clear in the thread title, and you are certainly correct to suggest KW excelled with another team.

FrankenRam

Starter
First person that came to mind for me was London Fletcher but he's already been named. Another that I just thought of is Dre Bly. Was named to a couple Pro Bowl teams in Detroit.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has also done a lot better since he left the Rams. Mike Furrey also had a couple nice years in Detroit with Mike Martz. John Greco has become a solid starter for Cleveland since leaving us. Incognito became a good starter too.

I wondered if anyone would mention Greco.

FrankenRam

Starter
The only Quarterback to defeat St. Vincent Thomas Lombardi in a Title Game:
1219_large.jpg

I was just catching on to the NFL as a youngster living just outside of Philly in 1960 when Van Brocklin was traded to the Iggles. Led the Eagles to the '60 NFL title where they beat the Packers for Vince Lombardi's only playoff loss. He retired after that game (Van Brocklin that is...not Coach Lombardi).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was just catching on to the NFL as a youngster living just outside of Philly in 1960 when Van Brocklin was traded to the Iggles. Led the Eagles to the '60 NFL title where they beat the Packers for Vince Lombardi's only playoff loss. He retired after that game (Van Brocklin that is...not Coach Lombardi).

Van Brocklin (The Flying Dutchman) went on to be Head Coach of the Minnesota Vikings (Expansion 1961) and the Atlanta Falcons with a career record of 66-100-7.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
London Fletcher in a runaway. Seriously we should have never let this man go.

I was thinking Wistrom too, but he never amounted to much in Seashit and retired early.