Former Rams Who Excelled Elsewhere?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
First person that came to mind for me was London Fletcher but he's already been named. Another that I just thought of is Dre Bly. Was named to a couple Pro Bowl teams in Detroit.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has also done a lot better since he left the Rams. Mike Furrey also had a couple nice years in Detroit with Mike Martz. John Greco has become a solid starter for Cleveland since leaving us. Incognito became a good starter too.
Bly is a good one. Greco is a great pick.
I'm trying to think of guys that didn't have good years with the Rams but excelled elsewhere.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ryan picket was fine, he didn't go on to be special. Dickerson went to the colts and did good but wanted the pay day and ended up in Oakland as motivation for Allen. His best years were in Horns. The bus....well he is the one that stands out to me. Also, Adam Carriker turned into a pretty solid 3-4 DE after his failure here. What I like more are the ones that left for the $$$ and turned to shit. Dre Bly, Ron Bartell, OJ Otogwe, Grant Wistrom, Roland Williams, Az Hakim.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Technically, Terry Crews had a pretty good career after playing for the Rams :whistle:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Late to this one and some good contributions so far. I'll throw a different name out there. Wendell Tyler, he didn't have great success like Bettis did. He put in 4 years with the Whiners, three were good years and playoff contributions as well. That one really hurt going over to them when I was a young Rams fan.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wanye Gandy turned out to be a pretty good LT elsewhere.

And I don't know about excelling, but guys like Eddie Kennison, Marquez Pope, & Fred Miller did pretty well for themselves, too.

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Couple of oldies....

Andy Robustelli went from a pretty good player with the old Rams to a HOFer with the Giants.

Rams traded away Harold Jackson away twice....he didn't waste time making them regret it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The only Quarterback to defeat St. Vincent Thomas Lombardi in a Title Game:
1219_large.jpg

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
One who played well for the Rams but left for greener pastures was Roman Phifer. Sucks that he had a nice long run with the Patriots.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
One who played well for the Rams but left for greener pastures was Roman Phifer. Sucks that he had a nice long run with the Patriots.
I always thought about Phifer when the GSOT days arrived. I felt bad that he gave was here during some dark times only to miss out on the Superbowl.
It ended up working out for him though.

Jim Everett got run out of here to soon as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams drafted Doug Flutie, would have been cool to see him under center

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Garrett Gilbert got a ring.

(lol. Dude fell ass-backward into a pot of gold)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ryan picket was fine, he didn't go on to be special. Dickerson went to the colts and did good but wanted the pay day and ended up in Oakland as motivation for Allen. His best years were in Horns. The bus....well he is the one that stands out to me. Also, Adam Carriker turned into a pretty solid 3-4 DE after his failure here. What I like more are the ones that left for the $$$ and turned to crap. Dre Bly, Ron Bartell, OJ Otogwe, Grant Wistrom, Roland Williams, Az Hakim.

Bly did well after leaving St. Louis and Bartell didn't leave for the money. We cut him after he broke his neck.

Adam Archuleta is one to add to that list, though.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
A lot of good ones mentioned so far.

I would say Warner, Bettis, and Fletcher are the most notable because one is in the Hall of Fame and the other two will be there one day.

A few more I have not seen mentioned yet.

DT Brian Young: 9 years in the NFL - 5 with the Rams and 5 with the Saints

LB Scott Shanle: 10 years in the NFL and only one of those with the Rams

DE Kevin Carter: 14 years in the NFL (6 with the Rams)

G/T Zach Wiegert: He played 12 years in the NFL and only 4 of those with the Rams

RT Ryan Tucker: He also played 12 years in the league (five with the Rams and 7 with Cleveland) and when he left the Rams the RT spot was a weakness for a long time.

Note: In 2002 the real beginning of the Rams GSOT decline they lost
London Fletcher
Ryan Tucker
Az Hakim
Jeff Robinson
Robert Holcomb

Then in 2003 they lost
Ernie Conwell
Ricky Proehl
Dre' Bly
James Hodgins
Dexter McCleon

Along a slightly different vein I want to mention two men that enjoyed most of their success a Rams but they were two losses that really irritated me because they were players I really liked, who left and went to the Whiners. Note Wendell Tyler was already mentioned but he sort of belongs here too.

Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds: Eleven years as a Ram and then he was traded the whiners in 1981 and he wins a Super Bowl there.

Isaac Bruce: 14 years as Rams and then he is cut loose but the LineCRAP/ZygBUTT/ShawSHANK regime and finishes his career as 49er. Still makes me MAD.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Madison Hedgecock was a decent FB cut by the Rams and then went to the Giants and won a ring