Favorite pick of the draft, non-Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You thinking OLG for Jamon Brown who will battle Brandon Washington & maybe Barrett Jones. Then Rob Havenstien @ ORT in a battle with Garrett Reynolds & Andrew Donnal?

That puts Barnes @ OC with Rhaney as his back up then Saffold @ ORG with Cody Wichmann & Travis Bond fighting for the back up spot & Robinson @ OLT with a vacancy behind him.
Many see Jamon as a ORG, but I can see him competing for either Guard spot. Louisville flopped him from left to right all game long, at tackle, but he looks good from both sides. He has good movement skills, and in college pulled/looped out a lot, on screens and sweeps. I think Havenstein will start at ORT. I'm not sure where Reynolds will play, but he's has some versatility, and might start on the line.

Donnal, IMO, will be a starter, but not this year, unless we are decimated by injury. I think he and Reynolds are similar in their versatility. If I had to say best fit, I'd say ORT, but I think he will be able to play some guard, and OLT in a pinch. I think he'll be that guy we've been searching for, a solid swing player, but he needs some physical development first.

A lot of what we do depends on where we feel the most comfortable with Saffold. I can't even predict starters until I see where his home will be. What I do see is probably the most competition that we have seen in many, many years from the Rams OL. I like that.

Your summary reflects what I see and feel for this line. Should be a fun preseason.