Favorite pick of the draft, non-Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Whenever the wind whistles through the leaves, I'll think "Havenstein", "Havenstein" [whispering] Havenstein... [Simpsons reference]

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Jason Brown....I think he's a potential all pro guard. I got a good feeling about him.

yup I too feel the same way re: Jamon Brown...And yes spell check attempted to correct Jamon to Jason on my mac too :cautious:

Last edited:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Havenstein for me, dude is versatile and should be a solid RT for years to come.

Limey

Rookie
I like all 4 of the OL, but Wichmann is the one that I have highest hopes for.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Don't have a favorite pick past the first.... they all seem one of the same past round 1.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Possible Oline Rough Cut

GRob, Saffold, BJones, Barks, Havy
Person,Blalock, Rhaney, JBrown ADonnal
Wichmann

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jamon Brown, he's no clown, that Jamon Brown!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking Havenstein have an immediate effect...But in the long run, I am leaning toward Sean Mannion.. Wouldn't it be cool if Mannion was the guy we have been waiting for as a franchise QB that stays healthy, and Gurley is the next coming of Eric Dickerson?:rockon:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I really like Donnal. Well-coached, gotta love Iowa linemen, and with tons of experience. Have to think he's one of those guys who ends up a 10-year starter due less to raw talent and more to smarts, technique and dedication to the art.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Havenstein or should I say Frankenstein! 6'-7" 321 lbs. That's a mountain of a man!

IMG_1514.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IDK! BUT! I like DE - Martin Ifedi - Career Sack Leader at his College w/22.5 Sacks.
And then there's DT - Louis Trinca-Pasat's Tweet " .. Opponents that passed on me are going to regret it! .." I'll be watching him!!:D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cody Wichmann Offensive Right Gaurd
Fresno St. Mountain West

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cody-wichmann?id=2553332

If you compared CW to the other 3 drafted OL'ers along with the other 2 Ram draft choices in 2013 & 2014 (Jones & Rhaney) plus Brandon Washington & you will find that CW has speed & quickness over all of them.

CW has the best times in the 40/20/10 yd dash & came in 2nd after Jamon Brown in the 3 cone & 20 yd shuttle. CW also came in 2nd behind Rhaney in the Broad jump.

Cody Wichmann who is listed 6-6 319 pounds can flat move for a big guy so can Jamon Brown. Sure does not match the description most draft analysis have said about him & his phone booth statements. Of the four draft picks ...its appears that Brown(left side) & Wichmann (right side) are interior types. Rob Havenstein & Andrew Donnal sure look to be much more pure right OT prospects.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm with Mem regarding Wichmann. That guy very much is athletic. Below average athlete my foot.

That said, I REALLY am liking the Havenstein pick more and more. The more I watch of him, the more I like his pass pro. Some of his early stuff, he seemed to "follow the crowd" a bit, but damn if in some of the other games I watched all of his snaps, he was the reason Gordon broke lose.

Btw, Gurley didn't have a Havenstein... not even close... which bodes better for us because Gurley MADE a lot of those runs happen whereas Gordon simply made the best of the runs that were there. Still extremely talented, but I don't think Gordon does what Gurley did at Georgia behind that OL.

Wouldn't surprise me if these kids play well enough that we go with them.

And with the gauntlet that our DL will put them through in TC, they should be pretty well prepared come the regular season.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think Havenstein will start. I think Jamon has a chance to start, really like him, especially his leg drive after contact. My favorite value pick is Andrew Donnal. He needs a year in our weight and nutrition program, but he's already country strong, as our all of our offensive lineman. I think he will make either a quality swing OT, or possibly work his way onto our line as a starter. Where, I don't know, but he can play 4 positions in my opinion. He has the frame to easily add 15 to 20 pounds lean muscle, and he plays as hard as any lineman that I've watched in a long time. He'll block the ref if he gets in his way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm with Mem regarding Wichmann. That guy very much is athletic. Below average athlete my foot.

That said, I REALLY am liking the Havenstein pick more and more. The more I watch of him, the more I like his pass pro. Some of his early stuff, he seemed to "follow the crowd" a bit, but damn if in some of the other games I watched all of his snaps, he was the reason Gordon broke lose.

Btw, Gurley didn't have a Havenstein... not even close... which bodes better for us because Gurley MADE a lot of those runs happen whereas Gordon simply made the best of the runs that were there. Still extremely talented, but I don't think Gordon does what Gurley did at Georgia behind that OL.

Wouldn't surprise me if these kids play well enough that we go with them.

And with the gauntlet that our DL will put them through in TC, they should be pretty well prepared come the regular season.

No, he didn't have a Havenstein...but he had a John Theus, who is, without a doubt, better than Havenstein, and a likely first round pick next year. Did he have the multi-talented offensive line that Gordon had? Of course not, but let's not say that Gurley, Chubb, and Michel were doing what they did with nothing. That's not fair to them or Georgia's O-line.

Regardless, Gurley has a better line now than he did at Georgia. Let's leave it at that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Havenstein will start. I think Jamon has a chance to start, really like him, especially his leg drive after contact. My favorite value pick is Andrew Donnal. He needs a year in our weight and nutrition program, but he's already country strong, as our all of our offensive lineman. I think he will make either a quality swing OT, or possibly work his way onto our line as a starter. Where, I don't know, but he can play 4 positions in my opinion. He has the frame to easily add 15 to 20 pounds lean muscle, and he plays as hard as any lineman that I've watched in a long time. He'll block the ref if he gets in his way.

You thinking OLG for Jamon Brown who will battle Brandon Washington & maybe Barrett Jones. Then Rob Havenstien @ ORT in a battle with Garrett Reynolds & Andrew Donnal?

That puts Barnes @ OC with Rhaney as his back up then Saffold @ ORG with Cody Wichmann & Travis Bond fighting for the back up spot & Robinson @ OLT with a vacancy behind him.

Alan

Legend
I like the guy on the right:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/the-rams-draft-picks-are-a-car-crash-according-to-ksdk/
THE RAMS DRAFT PICKS ARE A CAR CRASH, ACCORDING TO KSDK
Todd Gurley in the first round was excusable, but not recommendable.

But then the St. Louis Rams looked like they got stuck on repeat, selecting three offensive tackles and a total of four offensive line on days two and three of the NFL Draft. They also selected Oregon State’s Sean Mannion in the third round while Garrett Grayson, Bryce Petty and Brett Hundley were on the board.

Then they sent Zac Stacy to the Jets for a seventh-rounder. Stacy rushed for 973 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013.

Maybe, they’ll prove us wrong. But it seems there was a terrible truth to this botched morning news report on the state of their NFL Draft Board: