Favorite pick of the draft, non-Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Man ... that is a tough one. Mainly because about 4 of them were basically the same guy lol ;) I was pretty impressed with Buss Sasser once I read up and watched some film on him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I have to say Cody Wichmann. I can literally see him getting a job on this line in a few years, if not sooner. I mean, the guy held his own against one of the top five players in this year's draft in Leonard Williams. He gave Derek Carr amazing protection. He should've gone a lot higher than he did, and I feel that we got ourselves a steal with him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Havenstein. I really hope he runs away with RT.

Our RTs these last few years:

Barksdale
Saffold
Wayne Hunter
Jason Smith

None have been a dominating snot-knocker. Barks has had good moment and Saffold only really seemed to dominate in the run game when he began to pull as a guard. Love it if Havenstein just pushes people around in the run game from there.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm really loving Havenstein, but Andrew Donnal was an awesome pick in my mind too. The guy serves up so many pancakes, he has to work at IHOP.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I have to say Cody Wichmann. I can literally see him getting a job on this line in a few years, if not sooner. I mean, the guy held his own against one of the top five players in this year's draft in Leonard Williams. He gave Derek Carr amazing protection. He should've gone a lot higher than he did, and I feel that we got ourselves a steal with him.

You read my mind, I'll 2nd the Wichmann vote. While it's a bit too obvious to say Haverstein, Wichmann should be this year's EJ Gaines, a late pick who really comes in and shows his stuff for those reasons you mentioned. It should help him that's he's playing in position, that his primary position is G (and RG at that), rather than being a converted T.

The Leonard Williams USC v Fresno compressed game tape can be found at (my favorite site) and is worth a watch. He only was manned up against Wichman maybe 1/3 of the snaps, but other than the INT, Williams certainly does not jump out at you as as a #6 pick in the NFL draft (other than the INT). The Fresno TD at 3:35 was right over Williams.
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/leonard-williams-vs-fresno-state-2014/

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big Rob "The Body" has my vote. Gotta love a dude as big, ugly, and non-fit looking as him. Just wait until he has the benefit of a pro workout regimen and diet. He's gonna be a beast.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Sean Mannion.

(Incoming!!!!!)

I agree, I've seen enough of this guy to actually believe he could change a few opinions around here once they see him on the field in Horns.

To think Austin Davis is even remotely close to this guys level is laughable in my worthless opinion.

…..

Legend

I was just telling a co-worker that the 4th lineman we selected may end up being the best of all of them.

…..

Legend
My favorite moment is from the future......

LA Times Headline; January 2018

"California crow population dwindles after Sean Mannion leads Rams to 2nd consecutive Super Bowl victory"

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Havenstein, hope he's a bookend RT that'll do a better job facing all kinds defenses plus dat hair doe.

jjab360

Legend
Havenstein. Not overly powerful or athletic but just gets the job done every single play. He'll be ready to start day 1.