Facial Recognition of Fans by Owners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate it.
Having the ability to identify a single fan in a full stadium seems to be a violation of personal privacy. @AvengerRam probably will tell me how it is not a violation of the 4th Amendment, but its smacks of government control, potentially. In China, they actually welded doors shut during Covid so no one could leave to get food or whatever. When restrictions were relaxed, people were identified by technology/facial recognition as they moved around their neighborhoods, knowing their social credit scores and would restrict their movement from their neighborhood.
Are we there yet? No. But it is a big step toward that Orwellian distopia. Watch this....

View: https://x.com/Vision4theBlind/status/1819358023485104431

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I hate it.
Having the ability to identify a single fan in a full stadium seems to be a violation of personal privacy. @AvengerRam probably will tell me how it is not a violation of the 4th Amendment, but its smacks of government control, potentially. In China, they actually welded doors shut during Covid so no one could leave to get food or whatever. When restrictions were relaxed, people were identified by technology/facial recognition as they moved around their neighborhoods, knowing their social credit scores and would restrict their movement from their neighborhood.
Are we there yet? No. But it is a big step toward that Orwellian distopia. Watch this....

I agree. Not a fan of this as we all know technology like this will eventually be abused in some way, shape, or form.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What took you so long?

When sofi opened you could see any fan you wanted on their fan view page. Someone posted it in this site.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

What took you so long?

When sofi opened you could see any fan you wanted on their fan view page. Someone posted it in this site.

I don't look at the Oculus, I watch the actual game on my laptop. I haven't been to a stadium since the 80's, but even if it's been going on for a while, it still blows.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW, this is much different than than in years past. Cameramen used to focus on interesting people doing weird things and that tape would live on into the future as long as it wasn't erased. You couldn't retroactively zero in on a different fan that was never filmed. Now, there is a panoramic view that the software can focus on at any point in the game without the cameraman doing a thing. It's a live google earth that films everyone and everything at all times in the stadium. Link that with facial recognition software and social credit score garbage and we are a big step toward 1984.
I am pretty sure they are doing the same with security cameras all over the property.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate it.

We are riding a thin line between perceived safety and losing absolute FREEDOM.

I'm throughly disappointed in the NFL for what appears to be leading the charge on this in major sports (if I'm wrong you don't need to be a fool just let me know). Between cameras tracking your movement to software that tracks everything you make contact with it's getting to be too much IMO.

Plus, this whole credit score issue means I'm restricted to 7-Eleven and the Dollar Store WTH!

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
We are riding a thin line between perceived safety and losing absolute FREEDOM.

I'm throughly disappointed in the NFL for what appears to be leading the charge on this in major sports (if I'm wrong you don't need to be a fool just let me know). Between cameras tracking your movement to software that tracks everything you make contact with it's getting to be too much IMO.

Plus, this whole credit score issue means I'm restricted to 7-Eleven and the Dollar Store WTH!
9/11 gave the government at the time the will and the masses the fear to relax and or change our privacy laws. Once that box was open we were fucked.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Reminder to self if I ever get to sofi.

Don't pick your nose or ogle some hot young woman. It will be on the internet forever.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
To play devil's advocate, if you have nothing to hide there's nothing to worry about. I think you can look at this both ways. I think it's reassuring to know they have eyes on people should there ever be any trouble.

swmizzou83

Starter
You are in a public place with no expectation of privacy. You already give up your 4th amendment rights when you allow them to search you when you enter.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Loyal
The 4th amendment is so broadly and liberally interpreted, that it has been punched full of holes over the course of time.
Violating it is never right

*Never offer your info online

*Never participate in loyalty programs

*Never voluntarily let them connect your image with personal info used in buying a ticket, just to avoid lines.

*Use cash whenever possible. Especially for hot button products like guns and ammunition, although they trying to track everything. If I buy another gun, it will be a personal transaction with a relative.

*Never open your screen door to a cop unless he/she has a search warrant. They will seem nice and reasonable, but say nothing about anything. Never let them in because they then have a right to search your house, with or without a search warrant. Same is true for your car, never give permission to search. I used to love cops and thought only the best of them, but I have learned that no matter how nice they seem to be, they are NEVER your friend in these situations. Be courteous yet firm.

JMO, but you do you.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To play devil's advocate, if you have nothing to hide there's nothing to worry about. I think you can look at this both ways. I think it's reassuring to know they have eyes on people should there ever be any trouble.
That's the argument of authoritarians throughout the 20th century

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are in a public place with no expectation of privacy. You already give up your 4th amendment rights when you allow them to search you when you enter.
You don't give up your Natural Rights in America, even if it's "legal."

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't been to a game in a long time, baseball or football, and they didn't do that back then that I remember.