Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not going at you specifically, because the idea of Jones finding out what he’s worth by finding out what other teams are willing to offer has been mentioned a few times already.
—but hasn’t that ship sailed?

The Rams have always been good about allowing a player to seek out what they’re worth on the open market when there’s an idea of player retention but the cost could be an issue. This goes beyond that though, IMO. Jones has not waited for his contract to expire and sought out a higher bidder. He’s flat out asked to be traded.

Can Jones come back and play out his contract without a new deal in place and not expect to be dumped after the season? What attitude will he bring? Can the Rams bring him back and not expect a locker room issue?

This is exactly what I want to happen to ayuck and the 9ers.
I don't know that any ships have sailed yet, but I worry about that too.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m not going at you specifically, because the idea of Jones finding out what he’s worth by finding out what other teams are willing to offer has been mentioned a few times already.

The Rams have always been good about allowing a player to seek out what they’re worth on the open market when there’s an idea of player retention but the cost could be an issue. This goes beyond that though, IMO. Jones has not waited for his contract to expire and sought out a higher bidder. He’s flat out asked to be traded.

Can Jones come back and play out his contract without a new deal in place and not expect to be dumped after the season? What attitude will he bring? Can the Rams bring him back and not expect a locker room issue?

Oops. Apparently I got it wrong. Jones now says he did NOT ask to be traded and it is the Rams FO allowing him to seek a trade because the two sides can’t agree.

So the door is still ajar, allowing the possibility of a Jones return.

Edit: just saw your post, Andre. I agree, now that I have seen the correct storyline.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Well… no.
He could not see what’s out there, as he is under contract. He needs permission to talk to other teams.

LOURam85

Rookie
I don't think he finds a trade that the rams will like. He plays out the year or signs their offer. either way he plays this year out.
Rams don’t have an offer it said they never got far in talks and rams planned on letting him play out this year

WestCoastRam

Legend
I believe he deleted his tweet never asking for a trade. I don't think there's much to read into it other than the perhaps as Blaine whatshisname on twitter inferred, the agent is just doing their job and asking him to take it down.

As many said before, all of it just seems like negotiating.

Ellard80

Legend
I think jones is decent but not much more than that.

He was good rushing the passer last year... i thought most other things he was pretty average.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He wants to be here. It comes down to the money. As much as he loves the team and we love him, guys have to get their money while they can. Every player is one major injury away from being done. Just hope they can come to an agreement. We need him.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Burn the witch!
1724632305907.png

Why?

1724632352821.png

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
If the rams aren't gonna pay and he's unhappy then please trade him. Get something now and move on.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Am I the only one that thinks the new title now suggests they've gotten trade offers?

Good Point but the Moderators have already been good enough to change the thread title once.

I think we should help the Moderators out for a change; and offer a few suggestions ...

Ernest Jones ... What the Fuck!

Ernest Jones ... Under-paid and Under-appreciated Stud OR Selfish Bastard

Ernest Jones wants Big-$, or to be Traded ... OR ... Does He?

Ernest Jones ... TO BE a Ram or NOT TO BE a Ram ... That is the Question

Ernest Jones ... Seriously Now ... What the Fuck!!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Good Point but the Moderators have already been good enough to change the thread title once.

I think we should help the Moderators out for a change; and offer a few suggestions ...

Ernest Jones ... What the Fuck!

Ernest Jones ... Under-paid and Under-appreciated Stud OR Selfish Bastard

Ernest Jones wants Big-$, or to be Traded ... OR ... Does He?

Ernest Jones ... TO BE a Ram or NOT TO BE a Ram ... That is the Question

Ernest Jones ... Seriously Now ... What the Fuck!!!
well played

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We could definitely have done without this drama right before the season starts
No kidding man! Here we are making fun of the Aiyuk situation and Jones says "Hold My Beer!" I'm very disappointed that a greedy agent got in his ear and he didn't follow his heart. A big payday will be here soon enough.