Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Rams LB Ernest Jones says he never requested a trade​

A report on Sunday morning indicated that the Rams have given linebacker Ernest Jones permission to look for a trade after failing to make progress in talks on a new contract, but it doesn’t sound like Jones is itching to leave the team.

Jones posted on X on Sunday afternoon that he “never asked for a trade” away from the NFC West club. The team may still have offered him the chance to find a team that is willing to give him the kind of deal he’s looking for, but Jones’s response signals he’s willing to play out the final year of his current pact with the Rams.

Jones had 145 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, and six passes defensed in 15 starts last season. He also had nine tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble in the team’s playoff loss to the Lions.

The Rams list Jones as a starter alongside Christian Rozeboom. Jacob Hummel, Troy Reeder, Omar Speights, Elias Neal, and Olakunle Fatukasi are also on the roster.
We’ll see ? IMO - I saw this might be an issue.I dawg Jourdan about Stafford & used Ernest Jones as an example.
The writing was on the wall & he missed a lot of time with The Rams this offseason.He has always been that guy & ready to step up.The problem is The Rams don’t value inside Lbers that much.

I’ll let things play out,but Jefferson & Akers all were the same kind of issue.

—Jake is a wussy? Just hear him crying on his POD. Just HATE how he thinks he is a know it all.

Funny how Oldschool wants Reeder gone plus whoever?? I see this rookie from LSU being a nice pickup.Still Reeder has been a mentor & Rosenboom is playing faster.Hummel is another one of Shula’s guys that know his defense.

WOW Jake has lost his mind.The Rams got a comp pick for Littleton & he didn’t do crap for the Raiders.Saying BS BS & that’s BS ??
Weak !! Peace

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Negotiations 101:

Player asks for the penthouse
Management offers outhouse
They settle on a nice suite in the middle floors overlooking the city.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
No kidding man! Here we are making fun of the Aiyuk situation and Jones says "Hold My Beer!" I'm very disappointed that a greedy agent got in his ear and he didn't follow his heart. A big payday will be here soon enough.
The agent is doing his job; he's not greedy. The player isn't greedy.

I so dislike the accusation.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This guy will be confused between playing good and not getting hurt.

Sit him.

We will be fine. We do not need this bullshit this late in the pre-season.

To me he is no longer a Ram.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sit him.

Or, like many players in their contract season, he plays out of his mind to maximise his contract offers in free agency.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Earnest needs to consider becoming more earnest in his negotiations while he is jonesing for a new contract.

Remember pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jones PFF rank is 13th. If anyone was interested. I'm sure he'd be a loss.

It seems likely that Jones was going to reach free agency this winter, considering his positional value, the Rams cap next year, and the players they will have to choose to pay in the future. Throw in his injury and the emergence of Speights and it seems he and/or his agent have misread the room.

That's too bad. He could have played out the season and got a good run at the Superbowl and loved every second of it. Now its possible that he plays with hurt feelings/ego or that he could be traded and playing for another team. If this was a recent event, intentionally timed to pressure the Rams, then that was a calculated mistake and likely isn't sitting well with the coach. If this has been going on for weeks then he at least approached it with the team in mind as well as himself.

At least we don't have Nacua holding out for 35 million right now.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
he can't get an extension for another 2 seasons.

then you better believe he will be asking for his pay day.

Yep. If his rook season production or anywhere near continues, he will get paid quickly. The Rams pay up.

Problem with Jones is he has been quite average so having him wait is fair. And his position exacerbates that with the Rams. And lastly the emergence of Speights reinforces that stance.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yep. If his rook season production or anywhere near continues, he will get paid quickly. The Rams pay up.

Problem with Jones is he has been quite average so having him wait is fair. And his position exacerbates that with the Rams. And lastly the emergence of Speights reinforces that stance.

I’ll keep saying The Rams don’t value the inside LBer position in terms of salary cap & the draft.

Hummel,Reeder & Rosenboom are basically all Shula guys.Thought The Rams needed to draft an inside LBer. Speights was a find as a UDRFA from LSU.

Who knows ? The Rams always give players options.There’s enough examples,and Ernest Jones has been a we player.The hope is he finds his value sooner than later & doesn’t have a effect on The Rams.

His absences & injuries have been suspect at best.Jourdan should be doing a better job to keep us informed? Dames if you do & dames if you don’t? The Rams scrimmages have seemed pretty closed doors.Usually we as Fans get more info from being able to watch practices.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add Reeder & Rosenboom haven’t gotten any Press!!! Old school says Reeder needs to go !!!

I don’t know,but I saw those Lbers flying around with Jones..

Funny thing is no mention on the Defensive Green Dot & how that is being used with Shula ? A reporter doing there job should be able to give us those little tidbits?

Tano

Legend
Difficult for me to pass-up making a Monty Python reference.
Life Of Brian GIF by Monty Python

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Sit him.

People questioning the character of players with impeccable records is a thing, I guess.

No reason to overreact to standard NFL contract stuff.