Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
A 2025 5th was more in line with what I was thinking but maybe too rich for a guy with no real contract, a knee ish, and at a devalued position.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The worst part? This likely means Reeder is starting to open the year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I get that you want to do right by the players, McSnead...but this is a shit return, honestly. I wish they were a bit more ruthless at times.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
boy I hope what I just read on the Titans board is wrong. They say we get a 5th and they get a 6th

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they don't make Speights one of the two starters, we are in deep doodoo with Reeder as the 2nd lb
That's my fear too - is Reeder the new guy in the middle with Rozeboom? If so, that's horrible.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Rams could've kept him, used his talent to help us win. Let him walk, and STILL gotten more value in the sense of a comp pick.

This a mess and big L all around for the Rams, and Snead.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I get that you want to do right by the players, McSnead...but this is a shit return, honestly. I wish they were a bit more ruthless at times.
I see it more as taking care of their own, sometimes.

They did right by EJ.
Let him get paid.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I wonder why people on here so often get upset over this kind of trade.
Hey, guys.. let’s watch a game or two in the regular season before flipping out, okay?
EJ is good.. not top 10 and in last year of contract wanting a big raise. You ain’t getting much back.

Now.. you’ve opened up $3 million this year… and saved at least 30 over the following 3 years.

What matters is if Speights is good.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Better than the usual of getting a 6th back.
Our 6th-round picks are :fire1::fire1::fire1: More so than our 5th-round picks. Don't hate on them.

Edit: Double whammy! We lose Jones and gave up a 6th to get a 5th? Nooooo!

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Told you... Teams won't pay for a ILB who is in the last yr of his contract and wants a big deal.
And effectively adds 2.3M in caps space. He save's 3.1M and Speights makes 800K. So they net 2.3M. That actually is significant when you are sitting at $12M. Now that jumps to $14.3M

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The Rams could've kept him, used his talent to help us win. Let him walk, and STILL gotten more value in the sense of a comp pick.

This a mess and big L all around for the Rams, and Snead.
You don't know that. If they sign a guy that offsets his contract then they get squat.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Lol we got a 5th round pick in 2026. I truly don't get it. The knee must be a real concern.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And effectively adds 2.3M in caps space. He save's 3.1M and Speights makes 800K. So they net 2.3M. That actually is significant when you are sitting at $12M. Now that jumps to $14.3M
It only matters if you use it ... who is out there that they could sign right now?

(I agree with you - just ... sigh.)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I see it more as taking care of their own, sometimes.

They did right by EJ.
Let him get paid.

He was going to get paid at the end of the year anyway. He stays healthy, and he gets close to Queen money. Even if it's something like a three-year, nine million per-year deal, he's still likely pocketing a lot of money.

I wish McSnead had pressed their advantage. I get wanting to do right by players, but players usually only care about how much money they can maximize, not location, not playoffs, not anything of the sort.

Again, I wish they were a little more ruthless in this case. Pick swaps work when it's something like Skowronek; not when it's a linebacker who's been starting for three, and soon to be four, years.