Eagles trade with Browns to move up to #2 overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I was referring to me telling @OldSchool that Cleveland would take a QB at #2 and wouldn't think about trading down....

I was referring to our discussing when Eagles signed Bradford. You said Eagles were still in play for a moving up to get a QB. I said they wouldn't Me saying you were right..

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a fanbase and I'm saying it based on my on review and our offense.

What their doing so doesn't make sense to me and SOOO hasn't yielded results in the past that there's nothing to do, but watch and hope.

Others will hope and believe. I'll just hope, cuz I don't believe any of this for a minute.
How very poetic of you, yet in addition to fan bases, scouts, media experts etc etc say the same thing and it doesn't always prove to be true. All I'm saying is we won't know until he gets out there and gets on the field with the team in camp and in preseason games. To state now he has to site for a year or more is more speculation.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Now that everyone seems to know who we are taking...I'm not convinced either way, would all of you please believe that both of these guys are really good prospects.

I mean, just look at all the juggling to get to these guys. Were the Eagles in a desperation to get a QB? No. These QB's are lucky to be going to playoff cusp teams. It's rare.

Still happy, either way. They are both good, and we will get who our FO thinks is the best. For the record, I still, and this won't change, like Wentz, slightly over Goff, but they are two totally different guys.

Most importantly, let's not let this divide us, the heart of the Rams.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
How very poetic of you, yet in addition to fan bases, scouts, media experts etc etc say the same thing and it doesn't always prove to be true. All I'm saying is we won't know until he gets out there and gets on the field with the team in camp and in preseason games. To state now he has to site for a year or more is more speculation.

Seems like cherry-picking to advocate for Goff and use a bunch of analysts, insiders, etc, including their argument and then ignore that every single one has said that BOTH of them need to sit.

But at this point, Fisher's gonna be Fish. He's made his big gamble and if it blows up in his face, I dunno if he's gonna be able to make the "we were only a few plays from being awesome, but instead we're near the top of the draft and not in the playoffs...again" schtick.

It's not like I don't see the missed plays and what could have been, but it ignores the fluid dynamics of game play. If a QB makes a play, then defenses adjust, defensive game planning adjusts...it's chaos and game theory in action. We can't just cherry pick a few plays, say "if only" and think things would remain unchanged in every other facet. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle tells us that merely observing something changes it. Changing something....changing not just that, but everything around it and everything that follows.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was referring to our discussing when Eagles signed Bradford. You said Eagles were still in play for a moving up to get a QB. I said they wouldn't Me saying you were right..
Haha, see how much of an idiot I am?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But at this point, Fisher's gonna be Fish. He's made his big gamble and if it blows up in his face, I dunno if he's gonna be able to make the "we were only a few plays from being awesome, but instead we're near the top of the draft and not in the playoffs...again" schtick.
Well one thing's for sure, Fisher now looks like the genius compared to Philly, as the Rams gave up less to move up further and have complete control of who they get

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like cherry-picking to advocate for Goff and use a bunch of analysts, insiders, etc, including their argument and then ignore that every single one has said that BOTH of them need to sit.

You're missing my point entirely but thank you for helping me to make it. These same experts that claim he will have to sit a year or two also said the same thing about Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariotta etc etc etc etc

We hear these kind of comments from the "experts" every year and they're wrong as often as they are right is my point. Claiming now before he's been drafted or put on pads and practiced with an NFL team that he has to sit for a year is just guessing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're missing my point entirely but thank you for helping me to make it. These same experts that claim he will have to sit a year or two also said the same thing about Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariotta etc etc etc etc

We hear these kind of comments from the "experts" every year and they're wrong as often as they are right is my point. Claiming now before he's been drafted or put on pads and practiced with an NFL team that he has to sit for a year is just guessing.
I was listening to a podcast last week (can't remember whose, because I listen to so many), and Phil Sims was on it. He was asked very directly about this whole "he needs to sit, learn, and adjust to the speed of the NFL" argument that permeates the airwaves nowadays. He said (paraphrasing) that it took him exactly one minute to get used to the speed of the NFL. He started playing and immediately saw how fast everyone was, and said to himself, "Wow. Well, yeah, everything is faster, so I better be faster." And that was it. He also said that sitting and learning is fine and dandy, but you don't learn much by watching. You learn by playing, making mistakes, taking hits, and testing your mettle.

You know, FWIW.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I doubt it. He's making more money with Philly.

If what he cares about most is money, then you are correct.

I wonder though if he cares about the fact that Philly just gave him a big vote of no confidence for the long-term.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No doubt. Sam is reaping what he deserves. But it might work out for him in the end if the Broncos make a good offer to the Eagles for him.

Then again... Elway doesn't put up with BS from his QBs. Sam would have to actually perform week to week to hold onto his job or designation as QB of the future there.

I liked Sam and thought he had horrible luck, and given our options going into 2015, was willing to give him another shot. But when he wouldn't take a pay cut, especially after the Rams carried him for a year and a half - 25 games without playing - and he still wouldn't come down on the money, that's where he lost me. Especially after he had made all of the guaranteed $50 million of his rookie contract.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was listening to a podcast last week (can't remember whose, because I listen to so many), and Phil Sims was on it. He was asked very directly about this whole "he needs to sit, learn, and adjust to the speed of the NFL" argument that permeates the airwaves nowadays. He said (paraphrasing) that it took him exactly one minute to get used to the speed of the NFL. He started playing and immediately saw how fast everyone was, and said to himself, "Wow. Well, yeah, everything is faster, so I better be faster." And that was it. He also said that sitting and learning is fine and dandy, but you don't learn much by watching. You learn by playing, making mistakes, taking hits, and testing your mettle.

You know, FWIW.

Exactly! If a QB can't learn the playbook in OTA's then we know he wasn't meant to be a starter. You're not going to adjust to the actual game until you get out there and get hit in the face the first time by Clay Matthews.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams are taking Wentz.
[av]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/starwars6/forseen.mp3[/av]
200.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

And it's not hard to argue that at least with Bortles and Mariotta that they SHOULD have sat...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And it's not hard to argue that at least with Bortles and Mariotta that they SHOULD have sat...
Hehe yeah if you want to waste your breath especially on Mariotta, 62.5% completion what 20 td to 10 ints? 91+ rating over 7.6 ypa yeah shame on them for trotting out that production.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
“He’s hot,” a source told Schefter. “Who wouldn’t be? This is Philly saying, ‘We don’t see [you] as [a] long-term answer.’ He’s mad and wants to show everyone who’s best.”

And that, my friends, is where the Rams went wrong with Sam. No competition.

Kudos to the Eagles leadership for having the cajones to challenge his overpaid @$$.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And that, my friends, is where the Rams went wrong with Sam. No competition.

Kudos to the Eagles leadership for having the cajones to challenge his overpaid @$$.
Sorry, but Spags, and injuries, went wrong with Sam. I still think he's a good QB, and will probably end up in Denver.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sorry, but Spags, and injuries, went wrong with Sam. I still think he's a good QB, and will probably end up in Denver.

It is not that simple my friend. Remove the injured games and you have a JAG of a QB who is up and down and never could live up to that talent and pro day.

Bradford's a tease. But maybe having talent behind him changes that. Thus, I applaud Philly for what they have done this offseason because I think it might well work.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It is not that simple my friend. Remove the injured games and you have a JAG of a QB who is up and down and never could live up to that talent and pro day.

Bradford's a tease. But maybe having talent behind him changes that. Thus, I applaud Philly for what they have done this offseason because I think it might well work.
Everything plays into it. You are right, it is not simple, and I hope that I haven't ever implied that with my many posts.

In the end, Sam never really had a chance here, IMO. Better team, support, coaching, no injuries, etc. I still believe that he is a talent. We won't succeed, regardless of who we pick, if we don't surround our new QB with talent, and support.