Eagles trade with Browns to move up to #2 overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No worries about Sammy boy and his ability to make coin. Starts to show something this year playing every snap. Eagles trade him to another sucker after the season and he gets a 100 mil. extension. He celebrates by buying a new ping pong table thats on sale.
And then tears his ACL playing ping pong.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I would be too if I was Bradford. Guy can't catch a break. Even if he plays well this year, he'll have to go to a new team and learn ANOTHER offense next year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Might as well ask about Shaq Lawson...Wentz will be an Eagle.../sigh.

btw, for all those super enamored with Goff, um... he needs to sit, too.

If you think he's ready to start day one, you're wrong. If Fisher starts him on day one, we'll all find out what a disaster that will be.

I'm thinking week 4.

jap

Legend
I'm thinking week 4.

If Carson is the choice, I would be more willing to wait a while. If Jerad gets the call next Thursday, I would much prefer for him to be installed as the premier signal caller as soon as possible. Both Case and Nick have negatives that detract substantially from their effectiveness. I rather have the most potent QB weapon riffing with the Gurley Express! and Tavon Awesome behind a young, improving OL and a committed set of receivers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Well, technically, the more precisely you know where something is, the less precisely you know it's momentum and vice versa.

Mostly I was using shorthand to refer to what you read is called the observer effect. In the physical world it can be taking the temperature of water using a glass thermometer. If the glass thermometer is not the exact same temperature as the water, it's going to affect the temperature of the water which is what you're trying to record. The glass affects the thing being observed. So, whatever the temperature of the water, you don't really know what it was because, you don't know how much the thermometer affected the water because you don't know what the water was before you measured it.

And my point is that when you combine the more correctly named Heisenberg's observer effect with Chaos Theory in which resetting the initial condition (where Fisher says, "if we'd only made that play...," resets the condition, because the OTHER team would react to the play being made, so we'd have to reset the system to adjust) can lead to wildly divergent outcomes.

Fisher wants to say that "well, if we had this play or that, we win"

That's not how it works. Maybe they win. Or maybe if they get that key 3rd down, the opposing D hardens and gets a pick 6 or a fumble and scores on us and turns the game into a route. It becomes an endless cascade of possibilities. Fisher can't just name the one he wants as if that's what it would be. Heck, best he can say is "we should have made that play".

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Been treading through the Eagles boards for the last 90 minutes. They want Wentz. Smart fan base, probably smarter than the Philly front office. Hopefully, anyway.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
An interesting conversation over there is that maybe the Eagles jumped the Cowboys to draft Ramsey or Elliot.
or
The Eagles have some kind of a deal in place with Denver to draft them a QB at #2.

I find it all hard to believe(especially where drafting Elliot is concerned) but the more i think about the Eagles drafting a QB at #2 with both Bradford and Daniel in place it doesn't completely add up. Bradford was relatively healthy last season and there just isn't a whole lot else on that team to support a young QB anytime soon.

Meh, its late. It is a fun read over there though because like all of us a week ago they're in a frenzy right now.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An interesting conversation over there is that maybe the Eagles jumped the Cowboys to draft Ramsey or Elliot.
or
The Eagles have some kind of a deal in place with Denver to draft them a QB at #2.

I find it all hard to believe(especially where drafting Elliot is concerned) but the more i think about the Eagles drafting a QB at #2 with both Bradford and Daniel in place it doesn't completely add up. Bradford was relatively healthy last season and there just isn't a whole lot else on that team to support a young QB anytime soon.

Meh, its late. It is a fun read over there though because like all of us a week ago they're in a frenzy right now.

this made me lol

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/723044-thrilled/

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What's messed up is that if the ONLY other real threat for that spot was the Eagles, then this move was stupid.

Cuz the Eagles wanted Wentz and only Wentz and it wasn't a secret.

I sure hope we didn't get played by Jon Robinson...but we likely did. We probably coulda just sat and waited. Let Philly trade up to #1 and then traded with Cleveland to #2 and still got Goff. Maybe. Presuming Cleveland would be willing to come down. And considering they got the analytics guys running the show, it's pretty likely they would.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's messed up is that if the ONLY other real threat for that spot was the Eagles, then this move was stupid.

Cuz the Eagles wanted Wentz and only Wentz and it wasn't a secret.

I sure hope we didn't get played by Jon Robinson...but we likely did. We probably coulda just sat and waited. Let Philly trade up to #1 and then traded with Cleveland to #2 and still got Goff. Maybe. Presuming Cleveland would be willing to come down. And considering they got the analytics guys running the show, it's pretty likely they would.

And if the browns wanted goff, then what?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know this is going to sound like i'm talking myself into something, but i see Goff as a better fit(than Wentz) in Philly w/Pederson's offense.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IF the Eagles were let in on the info that we were taking Goff, as the tea leaves suggest, I'd like to know what's in it for us? Or did we owe them one for trading them Bradford?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IF the Eagles were let in on the info that we were taking Goff, as the tea leaves suggest, I'd like to know what's in it for us? Or did we owe them one for trading them Bradford?

Huh? Why would the Rams owe the Eagles anything? They're the ones that dumped foles on the Rams. Worst spectacle of qbing in the history of the nfl.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That means those bitches aren't getting Zeke. I hope we can trade down and grab him. Ramsey may go #3.
You probably could the only problem is a dance partner that wants to trade up. I don't see many more teams wanting to move up unless it's to draft Zeke. I don't see Tunsil as a trade up option. You might be stuck taking him at 4.