Eagles at Rams/Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Rams need to adjust to what teams are throwing at them. Still time to get right before the playoffs start.

Eagles looked like dog this time last year.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You forgot the blue font. They aren’t making past the first round playing like this.

Playing like this, no they wont.

Everybody is pissed, fine, but dont get pissed at me for not being ready to call this team heartless or trash.

We are playing bad and that happens. The season isnt anymore over than this game was when everyone said it was over long before it really was.

We are not playing good but I dont have to agree with people who say this team lacks heart.
Fuck that.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Right now this team is broken. Something happened after the KC game, and this team is headed in the wrong direction as we move towards the end of the regular season and into the playoffs. You can't sugar coat what's happening to this team. What promised to be a memorable season is quickly turning into a disaster.

fearsomefour

Legend
I love how they only showed the replay of that last play once and michaels and collinsworth didn't say anything about a hold or PI even though if this was the Cowboys they would have called it in their favor
There was no PI on that.
The defender has a right to his position. He didn't grab him.
It was a missed timed thing with Reynolds and Goff. That's what I saw anyway.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Replacing a vet C and replace him with a rookie....line calls, shifts etc?
Highly doubtful.
This is the team going into the playoffs.
For good or bad.
Then I hope he slips in the tub and is out these next 2 games. The guy has been awful this season. We have been complaining about him since the GB game

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It was a jump ball play.
Have you seen how high Reynolds hands can get when he is allowed to jump?
Unless you have a replay I dont, I say it was over thrown. There didnt look to be contact, the DBs hands were away from Reynolds. There may have been, probably was contact but the cameras didnt catch it, so its hard to put it on the officials. Even though they did make several bad calls or no calls at other times in the game that all helped the eagles.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The ball was not overthrown lol.

Yes it was. Unless he was throwing to Wilt Chamberlain that was an overthrow.

Goff has been throwing it too high for a couple of weeks.

I'm wondering if he has a nagging injury or something because he normally drills those in.

That was one of many bad passes the last few weeks. Not missed passes, bad passes.

57 pass plays called. 16 run plays called.

Houston..........we have a problem.

And AGAIN against a defense almost always rushed only 4 and played nickel and dime ALL fucking night.

McVay has become a problem and he needs to fix it.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at how the Eagles were playing, a WR screen to Woods would have been the best bet there.

Terrible game by Goff.

Horrible clock management by McVay to not understand that with 2:51, the Eagles would have had to run two plays before the warning whether you call TO or not - so save the TO.

Horrible decisions by Everett and Gurley to not go out of bounds.

15 minute stretch where our defense forgot how to play football.

More specific vent regarding McVay for the year as a whole. Gurley has sort of looked beaten down for a few weeks now. It's strange that Gurley is leading the NFL in touches and yet somehow we're not using him enough in certain games. To me this is obviously by design - a way to save Gurley a bit. But Collinsworth talking about our depth got me thinking - at first when he mentioned it last week I dismissed him. This week I realized that I think we have good depth - I love Malcolm and Kelly looked awesome in the preseason - Reynolds has made plays, we have two good TEs, only two backup OL but they're both good. But the thing is - none of those guys really play. And that's on McVay. Brown should have A LOT more touches, and Kelly should get them in his absence. And now that we're at this point where Gurley is leading the NFL in touches, looks slow and beaten down, and yet we're also not using him correctly in certain games - that's 100% McVays fault.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yes it was. Unless he was throwing to Wilt Chamberlain that was an overthrow.

Goff has been throwing it too high for a couple of weeks.

I'm wondering if he has a nagging injury or something because he normally drills those in.

That was one of many bad passes the last few weeks. Not missed passes, bad passes.

57 pass plays called. 16 run plays called.

Houston..........we have a problem.

And AGAIN a defense almost always rushed only 4 and played nickel and dime ALL freaking night.

McVay has become a problem and he needs to fix it.

I saw the same things from Goff at Cal, you just have to put a little pressure on him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I saw the same things from Goff at Cal, you just have to put a little pressure on him.

I dunno, I've seen him play very well under pressure.

Something seems off. The ball is coming out of his hand all over the place like he is having problems gripping it or he has a sore shoulder.

It's something, but I don't think it's pressure.

fearsomefour

Legend
fair enough
I mean his block on the TD to get it to 30-23 was a thing of beauty.
He just doesn't move as well as he used to so can lose leverage and get over powered by better DTs.
C is a hard position to fill so we better hope Allen is a long term answer and there is no way to know until he swims or sinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.