Eagles agree to trade QB Carson Wentz to Colts for two draft picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Colts are smart they'll make Wentz win that job. I think he's got a rep among the players.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Colts are smart they'll make Wentz win that job. I think he's got a rep among the players.
Win the job? Who's he got to beat out? Rivers retired, Brissett is a FA and with what they are paying him they cant afford to bring in another vet QB. I know they liked what little they saw of Jacob Eason but he wasnt even the #2 QB last year

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Win the job? Who's he got to beat out? Rivers retired, Brissett is a FA and with what they are paying him they cant afford to bring in another vet QB. I know they liked what little they saw of Jacob Eason but he wasnt even the #2 QB last year
Yeah I suppose you're right. But I think there was more going on in Philly than the OL being shitty. He didn't have much going on with the locker room.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I suppose you're right. But I think there was more going on in Philly than the OL being shitty. He didn't have much going on with the locker room.
Yeah he's getting lambasted these days around here for being a prima donna and how he was pretty much uncoachable. The funny thing is that it sounds like the only guy he actually did get along with, was Pederson! I hate the cliche but he truly is in a make or break sitch in Indy. Everything lines up for him being successful there so if he doesnt? He will find that trying to land another starting gig will be just about impossible. What a fall from grace, Wentz has seemingly gone from a Josh Allen to a Josh Rosen overnight

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think pittman better get used to the ball not coming his way.
Was watching their game vs Tennessee when he caught a crosser and took a brutal hit and held onto that ball. Not a lot of guys who could survive that type of hit and keep the ball. He's gonna be a good one.

The number thing sort of insinuates to me that players aren't sure about him. Might be nothing. But I think if they trade for him coming off a huge season no player would hesitate to give up the number. If Wentz goes in there thinking it's all gravy he may end up on the bench again. Just like with Goff or any young QB who falls out of favor go back to what the problem was and fix that shit. Then go prove everyone wrong.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
B I N G O! We can look at more big trades after 2023 lol

yes i feel a big trade coming in 2023 probably involve our 2024 and 25 1st round picks. should have done this in blue but i am not to sure this won't come true.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
An insider I heard on the radio today would say you're absolutely wrong. John Ritchie former Eagle and current radio guy there in Philly for sports says the lockeroom is really upset that he's gone. They don't seem to like Roseman or Laurie very much but loved Carson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An insider I heard on the radio today would say you're absolutely wrong. John Ritchie former Eagle and current radio guy there in Philly for sports says the lockeroom is really upset that he's gone. They don't seem to like Roseman or Laurie very much but loved Carson.
Quite possible. Have not been following the situation other than having seen some tweets.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Quite possible. Have not been following the situation other than having seen some tweets.
Fans loved him and his teammates seemed to have as well. Fans know they wouldn't have been in the position to win that SB even if Foles won the games at the end. Add to that what you're going to see with the team dumping players like their top 2 paid WR which were bad signings to begin with and there will be more positive towards him and bad towards leadership.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fans loved him and his teammates seemed to have as well. Fans know they wouldn't have been in the position to win that SB even if Foles won the games at the end. Add to that what you're going to see with the team dumping players like their top 2 paid WR which were bad signings to begin with and there will be more positive towards him and bad towards leadership.
I'm in the Philly area and dont know a single soul who wishes Wentz was still around.
Foles can walk on Philly water but Wentz is like the Jeff Fisher of the Eagles
Pederson was never a fan favorite, and Wentz wore out his welcome when he tapped out of the 2018 season.
I'll have to listen to some local radio to find out who these players are who claim they miss him.
I feel Goff was more liked in here than Wentz in Philly

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
How many 1st Round draft pics did we give away for our stud qb Stafford? Well, my answer is NOT Enough!

F..k the draft 1st rounders. And if you don't like that, then I'll give you back a fist full of Goff & Wentz!

how about if we trade all those worthless 1st rounders for picks. just think how many 6th rounders we could get

WestCoastRam

Legend
I dunno. Even with two firsts, likely in the 20s both years if not 32, the offer from us without Goff wasn't NEARLY as good as the Carolina offer.

I don't doubt that Brad Holmes WANTED Goff.

He's got the pedigree for it. He's a quiet leader who helps build up franchises. He did it at Cal and he did it with the Rams.

I think he can do it with the Lions, especially with the QB coach they hired. I think with our turnover, the OC and QB coaching may have lagged a bit for what Goff needed.

I'm THRILLED Stafford is coming.

And, I take Holmes at his word that they WANTED Goff. And if they can get him back to 2018 Goff, they've got a steal of a trade done.

Brad Holmes may have wanted Goff but Stafford told them he wanted to go to a contender too. The Panthers were not one. I think Goff's value was just that he's an asset that can possilb