Eagles agree to trade QB Carson Wentz to Colts for two draft picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the Colts should have probably found another option at QB. Wentz isn't very good and they have, in my eyes, the makings of a contender with their roster + cap space. I dunno I just don't think Wentz is it for them. Good job by the Eagles getting out of the contract, though they will be awful for the foreseeable future. Wonder if they draft Trey Lance or trade up?

Wentz had a great season in 2019

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
What are the chances Wentz plays for 75% of the season? He is always getting hurt, maybe a solid OL can help, but I dont think it will.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This trade makes me feel sick.

The eagles get two draft picks for wentz while the Rams gave away three draft picks with Goff? Fuck off.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’ll bet Wentz is throwing a party thinking about the possibilities in Indy.

He will have a much better line that should mean fewer hits, less scrambling and a healthier year.

I don’t know about SB but they are years ahead of philly

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Better deal for Eagles , sure, but are they actually a better team afterwards? I believe the Rams are, they were lucky to get a bag of chips for Wentz.

In McVays words, " were not trying to win trades, were trying to win the Superbowl." So it was worth it to him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's great for Wentz and I believe he will be the comeback player of the year and lead the Colts to a Super Bowl loss against the Los Angeles Rams.
giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll bet Wentz is throwing a party thinking about the possibilities in Indy.

He will have a much better line that should mean fewer hits, less scrambling and a healthier year.

I don’t know about SB but they are years ahead of philly
Wentz just won the lottery. But like Goff he's going to need to fix some shit in his game if he's going to do anything even with that roster around him.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frank Reich coached Carson in Philly when he had a good season. Maybe it can be rekindled with them coming together again.

I doubt it though. Wentz sucks and his head ain't screwed on tight.
Reich has to believe he can get the most out of him. Otherwise I doubt the Colts pull the trigger on the trade.

Plus, I see got Philadelphia got a Goff trade after all. Things depreciate way faster in Philadelphia I assume. So that 2nd and 3rd truly feel like two 1sts and a 3rd Detroit got...right?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Better deal for Eagles , sure, but are they actually a better team afterwards? I believe the Rams are, they were lucky to get a bag of chips for Wentz.

In McVays words, " were not trying to win trades, were trying to win the Superbowl." So it was worth it to him.

Exactly eagles and rams are on different paths right now. The rams are trying to take advantage of this window while the eagles seem to be starting a rebuild or a retooling.

dang

Legend

This trade makes me feel sick.

The eagles get two draft picks for wentz while the Rams gave away three draft picks with Goff? Fuck off.

Finish the thought first. Rams gave away three draft picks with Goff AND only got 1) Stafford and 2) $43m guaranteed $$ cap relief. Now Fire away!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“These are not political problems. These are human problems. It should not be seen as a political statement to discuss this stuff honestly.”
Very astute comment by our QB IMO.

Finish the thought first. Rams gave away three draft picks with Goff AND only got 1) Stafford and 2) $43m guaranteed $$ cap relief. Now Fire away!!!!!
Yeah what would have made me sick is yet another year of shitty quarterbacking. They moved the guy they knew wasn't good enough, now it's time to find out if the guy they brought in can get 'er done.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they're paying stafford $43m over the next two seasons. the salaries are a wash.