Dunbar arrested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
We need to wait for the details before we cast judgement. That being said if you want to avoid trouble then avoid certain places.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you never did anything in your 20s that you now would say was stupid? I think its real easy to sit in judgement of these guys, when in fact these sort of things happen to MOST "normal" people at some point in their lives. I have a son who just turned 30, and I can tell you he is as "normal" as any 30 year old out there.... and yet, he has had his share of "conversations" with police over the years.

The difference is, when Average Joe Blow gets arrested for being in a bar fight, it isn't plastered all over the media, and people 900 miles away couldn't care less.

When I was 18 yrs old, I was in the Navy....I got drunk quite a bit, but I was always there at work, on time....I was responsible, and knew that my life would be ruined in a fight..At age 26 yrs, I was a Greyhound Driver, responsible for other peoples families...I drank then (off duty), also....but somehow never got in one fist fight since I was 14 yrs old....It's all about priorities, and obviously not screwing up,isn't a priority for Jo Lon Dunbar, at age 29yrs

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
JMO, but the idea that Ray Ray Armstrong is capable of filling in at SAM backer is more far fetched to me at this point than Dunbar coming back without suspension.

Armstrong has some highlight reel hits on special teams and in the preseason against 3rd stringers, but the guy hasn't demonstrated to me that he's remotely consistent and disciplined enough to handle the position against starting NFL competition.

Dunbar may have been reckless off the field, but Armstrong is way more reckless on it.

I'm hoping that this won't effect Dunbar's playing status. No indication it will yet.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
We need to wait for the details before we cast judgement. That being said if you want to avoid trouble then avoid certain places.
In one of his books, Mick Foley says one of his biggest pieces of advice to other wrestlers is "If you're married, nothing good can happen to you in a bar."

CoachO

Hall of Fame
When I was 18 yrs old, I was in the Navy....I got drunk quite a bit, but I was always there at work, on time....I was responsible, and knew that my life would be ruined in a fight..At age 26 yrs, I was a Greyhound Driver, responsible for other peoples families...I drank then, also....but somehow never got in one fist fight since I was 14 yrs old....It's all about priorities, and obviously not screwing up,isn't a priority for Jo Lon Dunbar, at age 29yrs

So, don't you think that the present day professional athlete has a whole different standard to have to live up to? How many of our childhood idols did the exact same sort of things that today's athletes are condemned for, solely because every breath they take is plastered all over social media within minutes of it occurring?

I'm just saying, this was a bar fight, with another pro athlete over what could have been anything. I for one, am not gonna somehow make it out to be anything more than that.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
From initial reaction, I can say by now he should know better. He's not a rookie or a young guy, he's 29 and an older guy on the roster. He's supposed to be a leader and a role model for our team, and he makes boneheaded decisions like getting suspended and arrested in bar fights. He's been in the league for a while, been under Fisher for 3 years, Williams for longer, he should know not to get in trouble. However, I don't know the full story so it may not have been as bad as it looks, and he honestly might not have done anything wrong. Regardless, I'm disappointed he was in the situation to begin with, and this might cost him his future with the team at some point.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
JMO, but the idea that Ray Ray Armstrong is capable of filling in at SAM backer is more far fetched to me at this point than Dunbar coming back without suspension.

Armstrong has some highlight reel hits on special teams and in the preseason against 3rd stringers, but the guy hasn't demonstrated to me that he's remotely consistent and disciplined enough to handle the position against starting NFL competition.

Dunbar may have been reckless off the field, but Armstrong is way more reckless on it.

I'm hoping that this won't effect Dunbar's playing status. No indication it will yet.
coaches seem to be high on Ray Ray. and knowing Gregg Williams he could be perfectly happy using him to crash the line or keep up with tight ends. idk could happen

FRO

Legend
So, don't you think that the present day professional athlete has a whole different standard to have to live up to? How many of our childhood idols did the exact same sort of things that today's athletes are condemned for, solely because every breath they take is plastered all over social media within minutes of it occurring?

I'm just saying, this was a bar fight, with another pro athlete over what could have been anything. I for one, am not gonna somehow make it out to be anything more than that.
If Dunbar was defending himself or somebody else that's one thing. If he was being stupid and just fighting then that's unnecessary. He is 29 years old. He should know better.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Maybe I was too grown up at that age...I always valued my job, and would not risk getting myself in a situation where I am throwing my fist at somebody. Bars are trouble, especially for recognizable guys like this....No macho moment would be worth endangering my position as an NFL player, ESPECIALLY since he had a recent league suspension. Staying at home would have been my play...

tonyl711

Starter
theres not one person here that was there to witness what happened. and for everyone saying a 29 year old should not be going to night clubs, give me a break, that's what most 29 year olds do, if you put the kind of money in most of their pockets that Dunbar has most would get in a lot more trouble than he has.
at least wait until you know what really happened before you convict him.

lockdnram21

Legend
over reaction time? He was in a fight outside a night club in Florida.... and arrested. It is very unlikely that this will have any bearing on his standing with the football team.

How many of the people who are condemning Dunbar for this transgression, are the same ones who are clamoring for Greg Reid to be the poster boy for this years UDFA pickup making an impact? The same G. Reid who spent over a week in JAIL before he could get out and report to Rams Park for the off season program.

coach theres a difference Reid s incident want nothing for real rams already knew about it

ramaslama

He doesn't need to be the starter this year just get more snaps and experience. Its clear he has talent just raw of course.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Just curious, in Jo Lonn's 12 games back, he made, like, 26 solo tackles. That's like, 2.5 tackles a game...It has been noted that he didn't stop 1 pass to a man he covered. It has been proposed that the defense "improved" when he returned. Could that have been around the time Fisher started calling the defense? My point, Do you really think Ray Ray would really be that worse than Dunbar? He couldn't average 3 tackles a game? He couldn't defend 1 pass?

ramaslama

theres not one person here that was there to witness what happened. and for everyone saying a 29 year old should not be going to night clubs, give me a break, that's what most 29 year olds do, if you put the kind of money in most of their pockets that Dunbar has most would get in a lot more trouble than he has.

He is a professional athlete he needs to set a better example for are youth not counting the rookies on this team. He is suppose to be a leader.

ramaslama

you never heard bruce and holt or faulk, warner getting in trouble they were all leaders and it showed.

Debacled

Starter
Two drunk dudes got in a fight at a bar. Is this really that big of a deal?

Nobody pulled a gun. They didn't shoot someone in the leg. Nobody was stabbed or dropped a bomb joke.

We see stuff worse than this on a weekly basis on the field pretty much

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Just curious, in Jo Lonn's 12 games back, he made, like, 26 solo tackles. That's like, 2.5 tackles a game...It has been noted that he didn't stop 1 pass to a man he covered. It has been proposed that the defense "improved" when he returned. Could that have been around the time Fisher started calling defense? My point, Do you really think Ray Ray would really be that worse than Dunbar? He couldn't average 3 tackles a game? He couldn't defend 1 pass?

Could be.

But I don't think tackles are the only way of determining a guy's net worth to a team defense.

If a guy stays in his lane, prevents the back from breaking outside, gets him to reverse tracks, and then someone else is in on the tackle, isn't that a skill? As opposed to say a guy over pursuing, going for a big hit, leaving his feet and then the back slipping by for a big gain?

It's just that these types of things happen sometimes when you opt for the highlight reel guys as opposed to those that are more consistent.

Something was working when Dunbar got back. I think he had something to do with it, gaudy tackle totals or no.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Just curious, in Jo Lonn's 12 games back, he made, like, 26 solo tackles. That's like, 2.5 tackles a game...It has been noted that he didn't stop 1 pass to a man he covered. It has been proposed that the defense "improved" when he returned. Could that have been around the time Fisher started calling the defense? My point, Do you really think Ray Ray would really be that worse than Dunbar? He couldn't average 3 tackles a game? He couldn't defend 1 pass?

Well, using your same logic and averages, he had 18 passes completed against him in 12 games. That is 1.5 per game. Do you really think that hurt this defense? The SLB position just isn't a 3 down position, so trying to use stats (tackles and pass defended) just doesn't tell the whole story. And to answer your question, I do think Ray Armstrong can do a whole lot worse than Dunbar.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's about priorities. All of the NFL players are lectured about what they can expect in public. Add alcohol and some big guy that want's to see how tough the NFL Player at the bar, really is.....Yeah, it's not technically the fault of the player if he defends himself against such a "citizen". But then he was told that he is a target out there(NFL Security among others). The NFL Player has a career to protect, that most of us would love to have done. He is not normal in that way, compared to the Joe Blow that's coming for a "go"
Joe Blow has nothing to lose, compared to the NFL Player after a few drinks, because the incident will be open to interpretation by the Law.