Dunbar arrested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
over reaction time? He was in a fight outside a night club in Florida.... and arrested. It is very unlikely that this will have any bearing on his standing with the football team.

How many of the people who are condemning Dunbar for this transgression, are the same ones who are clamoring for Greg Reid to be the poster boy for this years UDFA pickup making an impact? The same G. Reid who spent over a week in JAIL before he could get out and report to Rams Park for the off season program.

Exactly.

It's early to be concluding this will impact his play. We'll see. An arrest is STUPID, but does not necessarily makes him guilty of anything or anything that would affect his job.

I was arrested in my youth, while drinking, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Released without charges. You never know.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
over reaction time? He was in a fight outside a night club in Florida.... and arrested. It is very unlikely that this will have any bearing on his standing with the football team.

How many of the people who are condemning Dunbar for this transgression, are the same ones who are clamoring for Greg Reid to be the poster boy for this years UDFA pickup making an impact? The same G. Reid who spent over a week in JAIL before he could get out and report to Rams Park for the off season program.

Could probably include Mo Alexander too, what with him breaking the jaw of his teammate.

I'm with you man, let's wait and see before we condem the man. Look it's not good news but we don't have the slightest idea what happened yet

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Rams linebacker arrested in South Beach
Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2014

dunbar.jpg

Soon, all NFL training camps will be open. For many of the league’s coaches, that can’t come soon enough.

Players left to their own devices sometimes end up in trouble. It happened early Sunday to Rams linebackerJo-Lonn Dunbar during a visit to South Beach.

According to CBS Miami, Dunbar was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct following an altercation outside the Dream Nightclub. Also arrested was Donte Green, a free agent who was selected by the Sacramento Kings in the first round of the 2008 NBA draft.

Dunbar provides the latest off-field complication for a Rams team that has had its share of arrests and suspensions in recent years. Second-year receiver Stedman Bailey will miss the first four games of the 2014 regular season after testing positive for PEDs.

Dunbar missed the first four games of the 2013 season due to a violation of the PED policy. A 16-game starter in 2012 and 10-game starter a year ago, Dunbar is due to earn a base salary of $751,157 in 2014.

[Photo credit: Miami-Dade Police Department]

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
dunbar.jpg

That's the mugshot of a man who is thinking "Oops..."

...or who has just been hit in the face with a fish.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Hopefully no suspension is coming.

The run defense really didn't look the same last season when he wasn't playing.

Part of that may have been that the Rams had no run game of their own and subsequently put more pressure on that unit.

Still. I'm going to be concerned if this takes Dunbar off the field. No indication that's the case yet, though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ray Ray Armstrong time.
It was my first thought. Dunbar gets a little bit of cash and stability and he can't handle the prosperity. Armstrong need's to realize the opportunity and step up!..Next man up, Ray Ray!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is the worst part about professional athletes. They never seem to know how to stay out of trouble. It makes me appreciate guys who focus on the game and don't put themselves in situations where bad things are bound to happen.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Jo-Lonn F****** Dunbar... forget you. theres a reason your name isn't mentioned when talking about the best front 7 in football. lets go Ray Ray your up

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

CoachO, wasn't that week in jail for a prior incident? No matter, if Greg Reid screws up, his NFL opportunity is gone..Dunbar is 29yrs old.....It's not that hard to live a life where you don't get busted at a night club.....I just don't get these guys, they have life by the tail, and they are not smart enough to maximize their opportunity by acting like normal human beings. Normal human beings don't ever talk to the police unless they get a traffic violation.....and that's it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
All this said, it is still possible that Dunbar was just defending himself. All we know right now is that he was arrested for being involved.

But if he started and/or sought out the fight, then yeah, he's a moron.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly.

It's early to be concluding this will impact his play. We'll see. An arrest is STUPID, but does not necessarily makes him guilty of anything or anything that would affect his job.

I was arrested in my youth, while drinking, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Released without charges. You never know.

There is a big difference between an 18 (or even 21 yr) yr old, and being 29 yr old....Sorry, I don't buy the youth excuse.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All this said, it is still possible that Dunbar was just defending himself. All we know right now is that he was arrested for being involved.

But if he started and/or sought out the fight, then yeah, he's a moron.
A 21 yr old allows himself to get in a fight..A 29yr old should be trying to avoid it..Not even putting himself in the position for it happening.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
CoachO, wasn't that week in jail for a prior incident? No matter, if Greg Reid screws up, his NFL opportunity is gone..Dunbar is 29yrs old.....It's not that hard to live a life where you don't get busted at a night club.....I just don't get these guys, they have life by the tail, and they are not smart enough to maximize their opportunity by acting like normal human beings. Normal human beings don't ever talk to the police unless they get a traffic violation.....and that's it.

So you never did anything in your 20s that you now would say was stupid? I think its real easy to sit in judgement of these guys, when in fact these sort of things happen to MOST "normal" people at some point in their lives. I have a son who just turned 30, and I can tell you he is as "normal" as any 30 year old out there.... and yet, he has had his share of "conversations" with police over the years.

The difference is, when Average Joe Blow gets arrested for being in a bar fight, it isn't plastered all over the media, and people 900 miles away couldn't care less.

Speeps

Starter
What a mess. Training camp starts in 4 days...4 freakin days....He couldn't just chillout?