Dotson Staying with Rams: 3yrs, $48M / $32M Guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I like it, one less hole to fill and I thought it sounded like a reasonable deal.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ouch on the price but looks smart today. Wonder how the cap hit is laid out?
The devil will be in the details but I think the Rams are smart for only doing a 3 year deal. Guarantee a little bit more money but keep the number of years low to reduce the risk. Dotson had a good year so let's hope that he maintains that level of play next season. But this is very good news..

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Ouch on the price but looks smart today. Wonder how the cap hit is laid out?
Probably has a void yr or 2 built in to spread it out over 4 or 5 yrs. That shouldn't be a big issue because by then Donald, Stafford, and Kupp will all likley be off the books.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The Rams since last week know fairly well what teams are willing to pay their FA's from tampering. So... they also know what Shelton is most likely to get on the market too. Be interesting to see what happens there.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wooooohoooooo!!!!
I think timing is a factor.. we could possibly be rolling into Hav’s last year with Rams.. and they’ll have a cheaper replacement.
Good for Dotson.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Source: Rams re-signing G Kevin Dotson to 3-year, $48M deal​

• ESPN
Mar 7, 2024, 05:55 PM ET

The Los Angeles Rams are re-signing guard Kevin Dotson to a three-year, $48 million deal that includes $32 million guaranteed, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Dotson, a fourth-round pick in 2020, was one of the Rams' best acquisitions in 2023.
The Rams traded for Dotson during training camp last season, sending 2024 fourth-round and 2025 fifth-round picks to the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for Dotson and 2024 fifth-round and 2025 sixth-round picks.

Dotson, 27, started 14 games for the Rams last season and ended the year as Pro Football Focus' second-ranked guard in 2023 behind Atlanta Falcons guard Chris Lindstrom.
Dotson started 17 games for the Steelers at left guard in 2022 but lost his starting spot when the team added Isaac Seumalo in free agency. In four NFL seasons, Dotson has played in 53 regular season games, including 44 starts.

ESPN's Sarah Barshop contributed to this report.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We are set at guard positions for the next three years!
Yep, and I would try to keep Shelton and draft an OT, but now maybe in the 3rd rd...like a Blake Fisher from ND to groom behind Hav and for depth. Now, it might be less likley to keep Noteboom without a substantial paycut.

If they really want to upgrade from AJ at LT and or would like to eventually move him to RT, then maybe grab a big time LT in the first to build a fortress around Stafford, which might be their goal.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think Noteboom is gone now? I know different positions but to save mobey?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Do you think Noteboom is gone now? I know different positions but to save mobey?
Without a big paycut I am guessing he is gone. I would expect they are really trying to get a deal with Shelton now and then draft some quality depth or a future starting LT.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Honestly, I was thinking he'd average 17+ so pretty okay with this. 15 felt like the sweet spot to me.

I'd argue that outside Hunter, this was the best signing we could have made in FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.