Do we undervalue player development?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Getting Jason Sehorn still bothers me. I know, let it go man, let it go. Sometimes even the big name acquisitions are like buying a used car with a failing transmission that doesn't act up on the test drive.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I do think that due to the current & future position of the current Rams team....player development has been put on the front burner. The new just out of college skill & ability level of talent entering the Rams unit is much lower than the incoming on other teams due to the path that the Org has taken since 2016.

One decision that was made this past off-season was in the two Ol new coaches. I have no real evidence to support this but I fully believe that these moves were to maximize the player development in the OL where the Rams have been forced due to Org's decisions to work with ever-increasing late draft selections, UDFA's & WWC's from other teams' Practice Squads.

So many young Ram Ol'ers have come & gone with little success. So many of the 3rd & 4th round draft selections still have many questions going into their 4th seasons under Kromer. , but still, there have been some moderate hits with Edwards. One might argue the same about Blythe but it would be a stretch.

Carberry & his new assistant have their jobs due to their abilities to groom & mold good Ol'ers.

Last edited: