Do the Rams stick with Ficken

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever they do is fine by me. If they want to give him another shot, I surely trust them. If they want to bring in other dudes, that’s cool too

Ellard80

Legend
McVay said kicking "will be evaluated" That doesn't say anything conclusive... but that comment definitely tells me that Ficken staying on the team is up in the air.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Make sure he kicks a lot of extra points and kickoffs against the 9ers. Give the kid another shot he had a case of the nerves at first and then settled down, Also, I was at the game and the field conditions were not what you would want for your first time kicker.

A55VA6

Legend
I say give him week 17, and see how he performs. Does good, keep him. Does bad, look for one of those veteran kickers on the street.

mikedlo23

UDFA
Name
mike
i know it might sound very stupid but instead of giving him week 17 to try and "get right" and then if he doesn't get it right sign a vet for the first round of playoffs......instead i think we should bring in a vet kicker now and rotate them in the niners game.....play maybe a little conservative and have each kicker try to get 2-3 attempts and a few extra points......i don't want to go into the post season with a kicker that was signed 6 days before and have a playoff atmosphere be his first attempt......i truly think we should give dan carpenter a look...he is 64-68 in his career from 30-39 yards and 75-98 from 40-49 (most misses came first 3 years) and he is around 65-70 % beyond 60 yards.......also just for reference he has a career 85% accuracy again with most misses coming from first 3 seasons

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Make sure he kicks a lot of extra points and kickoffs against the 9ers. Give the kid another shot he had a case of the nerves at first and then settled down, Also, I was at the game and the field conditions were not what you would want for your first time kicker.
Mmm.. Sure they won’t be ideal in Philly either!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well Ficken worked out the jitters and overcame them. He looked better as the game progressed. That, in and of itself, is worth something. I’d say unless we know we have a better solution, we see how it goes against SF. I’d give Ficken as much work as possible in that game and in practice to get him feeling comfortable in situ. We need to see how he handles the situational stress. We need to see if Ficken is chicken (sorry). If he chokes in our next game, we should probably replace him IMHO. We only have one game to get him ready for playoffs.

So we're waiting to see if Ficken chokes the chicken?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm telling you the kid has an attitude and will continue to miss now and then. Same thing he did here at PSU. There has to be a better choice.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
i know it might sound very stupid but instead of giving him week 17 to try and "get right" and then if he doesn't get it right sign a vet for the first round of playoffs......instead i think we should bring in a vet kicker now and rotate them in the niners game.....play maybe a little conservative and have each kicker try to get 2-3 attempts and a few extra points......i don't want to go into the post season with a kicker that was signed 6 days before and have a playoff atmosphere be his first attempt......i truly think we should give dan carpenter a look...he is 64-68 in his career from 30-39 yards and 75-98 from 40-49 (most misses came first 3 years) and he is around 65-70 % beyond 60 yards.......also just for reference he has a career 85% accuracy again with most misses coming from first 3 seasons

Understand where you're coming from but the problem is that it would take up a roster spot. Who do you let go?

:banghead:

It gives you a real clear indication of who's glass is half empty though doesn't it?

My Kool-Aid jug is overflowing and I still want a different kicker. :fuelfire: :sneaky:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We are just lucky we have one more game to evaluate Ficken in before the playoffs come.

Ellard80

Legend
It gives you a real clear indication of who's glass is half empty though doesn't it?

Oh lol please... I'll trust whatever the McVay decides.

But people having doubts about an unproven kicker.. who wasn't particularly great in college and looked bad in the game. There is more than enough to make people have doubts - this isn't the first game of the season.

There is too much at stake for participation ribbons and you tried stickers.

This is a super bowl contender not a kick ball team :)

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Doubts are one thing.
I'm talking about the multiple 1000 word manifestos that, (just coincidentally) are written by the same people that have negative attitudes to begin with.

Ellard80

Legend
Doubts are one thing.
I'm talking about the multiple 1000 word manifestos that, (just coincidentally) are written by the same people that have negative attitudes to begin with.

its because people want to win they superbowl.. and dont want to lose in the playoffs because of some kicker that no one wanted to sign at the beginning of the year.

It's perfectly reasonable.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
McVay works with positivity and positivity works FOR him.

He came in and did everything that he did with a lot of positive energy.

He made his decision and being the positive guy he is, he feels good about it.

50/50 that you stick with Ficken and he makes a game-winning field goal for us.

50/50 you bring in a veteran and he blows the game winning field goal for you.

I'll stick with McVay and his positive energy that has got us here thus far.