Do Rams have the best offensive line in the NFC West?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
She's dead wrong and has not done her research. There is no way that Evans is penciled in anywhere, according to most depth charts, it's either Bruss or Shelton. This is lazy journalism and just speculation. Just watch the Rams draft and McVay saying "We need a starter at RG." I believe that if it's not Bruss, then like in Training Camp, Tremayne Anchrum would be a possibility there and IMHO, Bobby Evans will be cut.
I would have thought if Bobby Evans is penciled in @ any of the Rams' five starting posts it would be in that extra-long RT conga line prospects behind Rob Havenstein & very far from the front of the line.

What NFL Ram team administrator in their right mind & charged with the correct NFL Ram team roster, insert a Bobby Evans in @ RG?

Rams invested very big in ensuring past 2021 disastrous first backup Right OG /Training Camp & 3 Preseason games debacle that OL'er Bobby Evans demonstrated very well, never takes place again.

What's the evidence?

#1-Utilizing priceless cap funds to resign your top 2021 regular season RG reserve in March's free agency to a 2 yr contract instead of the standard one yr contract normally placed on an RFA. CS clearly beat out Bobby Evans last season. Why would anyone now place BE over CS? Why would anyone pencil in BE over Anchrum's? Ram's clear indications Coleman Shelton was strongly being considered as the starting RG in the 2022 season.

#2-Utilizing your top 2022 Draft Selection Logan Bruss to be directly routed & inserted into the RG post-fight to complete with CS & last yrs other competing RG's Tremayne Anchrums & Chandler Brewer.

#3- Snead signed right-side OL'er Jack Snyder to ensure that the RG post has excess RG prospects to keep any need for Evans to re-enter the "horror show" :scream::crap: from early last season.

#4- The Official LA Ram internet site & others :
All have Bobby Evans documented & listed as OT.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would have thought if Bobby Evans is penciled in @ any of the Rams' five starting posts it would be in that extra-long RT conga line prospects behind Rob Havenstein & very far from the front of the line.

What NFL Ram team administrator in their right mind & charged with the correct NFL Ram team roster, insert a Bobby Evans in @ RG?

Rams invested very big in ensuring past 2021 disastrous first backup Right OG /Training Camp & 3 Preseason games debacle that OL'er Bobby Evans demonstrated very well, never takes place again.

What's the evidence?

#1-Utilizing priceless cap funds to resign your top 2021 regular season RG reserve in March's free agency to a 2 yr contract instead of the standard one yr contract normally placed on an RFA. CS clearly beat out Bobby Evans last season. Why would anyone now place BE over CS? Why would anyone pencil in BE over Anchrum's? Ram's clear indications Coleman Shelton was strongly being considered as the starting RG in the 2022 season.

#2-Utilizing your top 2022 Draft Selection Logan Bruss to be directly routed & inserted into the RG post-fight to complete with CS & last yrs other competing RG's Tremayne Anchrums & Chandler Brewer.

#3- Snead signed right-side OL'er Jack Snyder to ensure that the RG post has excess RG prospects to keep any need for Evans to re-enter the "horror show" :scream::crap: from early last season.

#4- The Official LA Ram internet site & others :
All have Bobby Evans documented & listed as OT.
IMO, Ourlads has the best team depth charts and they have Evans as the backup RG & Anchrum as the backup LG, with Logan Bruss as the starting RG.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IMO, Ourlads has the best team depth charts and they have Evans as the backup RG & Anchrum as the backup LG, with Logan Bruss as the starting RG.

Yes forgot about them they are good thanks for reminding me.

So this 3rd rd drafted OT Evans who was a 3 yr starting OT, now entering his 4th NFL season having played in 23 NFL gms with 8 (most all @ RT) starts & 3 games finished as a starter was kicked out of the first backup RT position by a brand new 2022 seventh round draft selection who has yet to make an NFL regular-season snap?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes forgot about them they are good thanks for reminding me.

So this 3rd rd drafted OT Evans who was a 3 yr starting OT, now entering his 4th NFL season having played in 23 NFL gms with 8 (most all @ RT) starts & 3 games finished as a starter was kicked out of the first backup RT position by a brand new 2022 seventh round draft selection who has yet to make an NFL regular-season snap?
The Goal last year was to move Corbett to Center with Evans taking over at RG. Once the scrimmages started, it was not that Corbett was so bad at center, it was the fact that Evans was a turnstile at RG, thus moving Corbett back to RG and the savior Brian Allen to Center.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thus Evans at RG is insane.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not that concerned about Noteboom as long look as he stays healthy. Big Whit was probably trending down anyways, in performance or injury. We all love the man, but let's not forget about father time either.

And it's gonna suck to see Big Rob leave after this year, but the Rams have already spent a lot of money elsewhere and McSnead has already developed younger (and cheaper) replacements.

And speaking of Havenstein, he's a class act. I do not believe he has any more money guaranteed and we've heard nothing about contract discussions. How many other pro athletes would be complaining to the media right now or threatening to hold out or asking to be traded? Let's face it... right now, Havenstein could probably get 40 million guaranteed. And I'm sure his agent has told him that. He is risking a lot right now IMO. Big Rob is truly a team player.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
She's dead wrong and has not done her research. There is no way that Evans is penciled in anywhere, according to most depth charts, it's either Bruss or Shelton. This is lazy journalism and just speculation. Just watch the Rams draft and McVay saying "We need a starter at RG." I believe that if it's not Bruss, then like in Training Camp, Tremayne Anchrum would be a possibility there and IMHO, Bobby Evans will be cut.

Will Logan Bruss really be ready to start by this year?​

What Bruss’s film against Penn State may tell us about his immediate future

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Jun 26, 2022
1656284073809.png

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Played Tackle in college better suited for Guard.
That was a great 17 min clip of Bruss and told the story. He looks the part of a guard just needs some polishing and maybe a bit more nastiness. I have confidence he will be up to speed this season maybe not gm 1 but hopefully within the first half of the season

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is zero chance the Rams penciled anyone in at RG other than Bruss. Watch McVay on that draft vid. He was adamant they needed a starter at guard, he wouldn't be that way if he liked anyone on the OG depth chart.

Only way Bruss doesn't start is if they miss big on him. Then we're in some shit. But I agree his tape looks good, he's a strong dude who's gonna play quickly.

Once again this entire draft class is more aligned to play quicker. I think the "Upside 2021" draft had them reverse course a bit on talent and look a bit more at polish.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
"We know a thing or two "....heard that somewhere...Snead does not need any RT's.......he needs a few RG's instead......

Were Good!
One thing that I felt we as fans underrated was Corbett. He was very solid at RG plus was strong in pass protection. The hope with Bruss is that he can be as good in pass pro with the ability to get a little extra push in the run game. Now rookies can also hit a wall with the amount of games, but I believe OL Coaches Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones will have him ready come September.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One thing that I felt we as fans underrated was Corbett. He was very solid at RG plus was strong in pass protection. The hope with Bruss is that he can be as good in pass pro with the ability to get a little extra push in the run game. Now rookies can also hit a wall with the amount of games, but I believe OL Coaches Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones will have him ready come September.
I am comfortable that we have enough supply of good OL components to put together a good enough OL to get back into the playoffs.

The run blocking needs to improve itself considerably from what we saw @ times last season. What the proper blend or mix that is needed to get it done remains to be seen. Could take a little bit of time to get it running smoothly with the loss of two very good OL'ers who have been starting togther since 2019.

It could very be that either (OC/OG) Shelton or Anchrum (OG/RT) may end up starting the 2022 season. Shelton having starts last season & doing good in his run blocking is sure to have caught the eye of both McVay& Carberry.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It could very be that either (OC/OG) Shelton or Anchrum (OG/RT) may end up starting the 2022 season. Shelton having starts last season & doing good in his run blocking is sure to have caught the eye of both McVay& Carberry.
if this ends up being the case that Shelton starts at RG look for the Rams to add another Center on cut down day or I know they like UDRFA Jack Snyder, who offers the ability to play Center and if Shelton does indeed win the job at RG, I feel Snyder could make the team too for insurance at that position.

Now maybe not because if Allen went down, they would just move Shelton to Center, but what if Shelton goes down? If something happens to Allen, they would not have a backup. Oh well, I bet somebody else could move to Center if called upon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Corbett showed a lot of improvement through the year, particularly on stunt pickups and awareness with DL movement. Clearly the Rams worked hard on it and towards the end of the year we saw the results. Just watch the early 9ers game and how poorly the OL handled them, vs the second matchup and then the playoffs. There was a noticeable difference.

I think Corbs is going to help Carolina too btw. They overpaid him but given their line issues last season I can understand why they prioritized it and he wasn't the only guy they brought in. I think in a year or so they'll have one of the better lines in the league. Maybe even this season if their rook OT plays well but of course nobody will notice if they don't get good QB play. :laugh4:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Corbs is going to help Carolina too btw. They overpaid him but given their line issues last season I can understand why they prioritized it and he wasn't the only guy they brought in. I think in a year or so they'll have one of the better lines in the league. Maybe even this season if their rook OT plays well but of course nobody will notice if they don't get good QB play. :laugh4:
Agree here and on Carolina and shocked they didn't get into the Baker Mayfield sweepstakes as it appears he's headed to the Pacific Northwest. I do believe that Matt Rhule is a good football coach, but he doesn't have a QB and that just might cost him his job this season.

If Rhule is let go, look for Raheem Morris to be high on the Panther list as their next Head Coach.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think this is a make or break year for Edwards. He's been the weak link in this group. He hasn't been as bad as Blythe was at center and RG, but his struggles with power reflect his inconsistent technique. He's in his contract year. Right now IMO he's like Havenstein, a comp pick waiting to happen.

Alaric Jackson IMO is penciled in at RT next year and in some respects, I think he will be an upgrade.

Arcuri will then be the Ram's swing OT for the balance of his contract.

Where does Anchrum fit in? The roster continues to show him as an OT which is ridiculous. He lacks the length. IMO he is strictly an OG/C in training.

If Snyder shows he can play, IMO he can take Evan's roster spot as a backup OG, probably on the PS but he could make the active roster. That said I think the real roster competition will be next year in 2023. RT and LG will likely be open.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Will Logan Bruss really be ready to start by this year?​

What Bruss’s film against Penn State may tell us about his immediate future

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Jun 26, 2022
View attachment 54754
The article is not very enlightening, only good thing about it is the embedded game cutup he includes. Guy talks about how he's far better than a fan in his observations but I'm not seeing that. Maybe he spends time on 9er boards though.

The value in Bruss game is his strength at the point. He rarely gets knocked back, he has natural power. His feet are iffy on the edge but none of that matters given how the Rams identified and projected him to play in the box. In that role he's going to be just fine and he knows two of the Rams previous Wisconsin grads in the room so he should fit in day one and be comfortable in the locker room too.

What teams will do is test that right side with the stunts and twists early on, starting with that Buffalo game. He's gonna get a nice trial by fire and he'll fuck things up at times but so did Corbs. In the end it's gonna be whether he's got his game online by the playoffs and I see no reason to think that won't be the case.

Looking at the Rams previous OL draft picks they prioritized feet with Evans' pick and he's been a disappointment inside and out. Boom took a long while to adjust to the physicality at this level, and still I wouldn't want him at OG as I think he'd be ineffective in the run game. This pick is more inline with the Edwards selection, and I think Bruss is more of a guard than Edwards. Edwards still might be best served at RT down the road but it probably won't be with the Rams. Either way this is the first road grader we've taken since Havenstein IMO so I can't wait to see those two do their thing on the right side.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree here and on Carolina and shocked they didn't get into the Baker Mayfield sweepstakes as it appears he's headed to the Pacific Northwest. I do believe that Matt Rhule is a good football coach, but he doesn't have a QB and that just might cost him his job this season.

If Rhule is let go, look for Raheem Morris to be high on the Panther list as their next Head Coach.
Yeah I think Rhule is going to fail. Probably due to not having a QB in his window. He tried like crazy but effort doesn't get you points in this league.

I've said again and again that Corral is going to be a stud QB. Still think that. But he's probably a year out. The offense he played in was more complex than people think, he had to make very quick decisions with multiple things going on which bodes well for the NFL. But he's going to need some time to get the full grasp of the scheme so that his game will show. The guy has a chance to be a star IMO. His film really is something, he's got a quick release, super high competitive streak, makes quick decisions, etc. He was the one QB from this class where I actually watched a few more games than I planned because he's so fun to watch.

I will say that the hire of McAdoo was one of the most underrated coaching additions of the offseason but the combo of Darnold (whose game has just never developed) and a rookie QB is gonna be really hard to overcome. I think McAdoo as an OC is excellent but the guy probably doesn't have enough to work with.

Also and btw re: Carolina I recall reading a Colts story where their new CB went on a bit about how much better the environment is in Indy and his comments were the kind that would disturb me if I was a Panthers fan. And this makes sense in some ways, it happens when you get college coaches to the NFL where the players are different and there's a ton that goes into the culture. Not all these guys can have that natural grasp of that stuff like McVay does. He's definitely gonna be on that early fire list barring a situation where McAdoo can get the rookie ready to play quickly.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Also and btw re: Carolina I recall reading a Colts story where their new CB went on a bit about how much better the environment is in Indy and his comments were the kind that would disturb me if I was a Panthers fan. And this makes sense in some ways, it happens when you get college coaches to the NFL where the players are different and there's a ton that goes into the culture. Not all these guys can have that natural grasp of that stuff like McVay does. He's definitely gonna be on that early fire list barring a situation where McAdoo can get the rookie ready to play quickly.
Kind of shocked at this because of Rhule's success in college and being that he was an assistant at the NFL level, that usually makes for a better transition. Rhule worked his magic at two downtrodden programs in Temple & Baylor, so if he's fired, he'll be on quite a few short lists at the collegiate level and major programs too IMHO.