Divisional Playoffs: Rams at Buccaneers - 3pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
That fumble by Akers was catastrophic in terms of where and when it happened in such a big game. I watched the final drive today (the vid starts right at Ramsey being beat for a TD there prior to the Akers fumble) and it hit me how bad it really was. It was like I knew it was bad but the way the offense responded buried it in my mind. If the offense doesn't respond and we get eliminated though what you have there is the type of situation that completely erodes a team's faith in the player.

So maybe Akers' job isn't safe. Maybe they're set to address that shit in the draft with intent to find the guy. For me at least I haven't really been thinking that. I've been thinking they add a RB but not that they might be doubting Akers. And again what makes me consider that is just how bad that fumble was in that moment. I mean holy shit.
When Akers came back, i figured the Rams wouldn't let him play if they didn't think he was ready. I posted at that time that my biggest worry was fumbles due to rustyness. It took a few games, but it showed up against a ball hawking D. Up to that point he doesn't show a pattern of fumbling. I don't think the Rams have changed their opinion of him at all. Not their style to have knee jerk reactions. Doesn't mean they won't get another RB.