Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno. What were the Texans record again?
Wilson is an elite player. Without him the seacocks are a 4 win team. Much like the Texans are. Let's move wilson to the Texans. He instantly makes them at least an 8 to 10 win team. He's am elite talent. I don't think Watson is quite there
Wilson would have won 8 games this year?
Come again?
He play defense too??
Houston D gave up over 30 points 8 times this season, under 20 points only twice. JJ Watt apologized to him while walking off the field for wasting his season.
Not to mention O'Brien methodically destroying the team with off season trades
Wilson is great, no doubt. But thinking he, or any QB for that matter, would have been the difference in THIS YEAR's team, is just laughable

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jacksonville. Salary-controlled Lawrence at QB is how teams turn things around long-term. Giving that up for Watson would just turn them into Houston 2.0.
Unless Lawrence is Sam Darnold. Contract is nice, guaranteed franchise player? Hmm....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I hear you, they'd be pissed at first but they would quickly be behind Justin Fields/Zack Wilson and the Jets other 1st and 2nd round picks. They would have to get a huge haul for this to happen. Wont be a Bill O'Brien special thats for sure
Oh absolutely they'd get over it. But would the Jets even do that? Trade for a vet QB on a huge contract with some injury issues when you can have Fields plus all those picks for a rebuilding team? I can't see anybody but a team a QB away trading for Watson the rookie QB contract is just too important in a rebuild. But I've been wrong on these things before.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know the tweet your mentioning. Foolio basically took that tweet and ran with it. He's the one that "broke" the story and it took off. None of the credible reporters (Schefter, Rappaport) have really said he was unhappy until after this thing caught on.
I dont know who "Foolio" even is. I saw Deshaun's tweet Tuesday night. The trade talk started yesterday morning, because Watson talk to some players on Wednesday. The "credible" guys you speak of are reliable and arent using the words of some hack

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh absolutely they'd get over it. But would the Jets even do that? Trade for a vet QB on a huge contract with some injury issues when you can have Fields plus all those picks for a rebuilding team? I can't see anybody but a team a QB away trading for Watson the rookie QB contract is just too important in a rebuild. But I've been wrong on these things before.
Watson is only 25 years old and his contract is workable because Houston eats the signing bonus. Plus, the Jets have the cap room and could contend with a good coach. This is a no brainer. Lawrence may be the next coming, but that ship sailed. There's no guarantee any of these QB will be anything more than the next Mariota, Darnold or Haskins, much less Deshaun freakin Watson. There isnt injury concern, that was 4 years ago and hes played 3 full seasons since. Again, no guarantee the next QB wont be injury prone. (Darnold Wentz etc)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watson is only 25 years old and his contract is workable because Houston eats the signing bonus. Plus, the Jets have the cap room and could contend with a good coach. This is a no brainer. Lawrence may be the next coming, but that ship sailed. There's no guarantee any of these QB will be anything more than the next Mariota, Darnold or Haskins, much less Deshaun freakin Watson. There isnt injury concern, that was 4 years ago and hes played 3 full seasons since. Again, no guarantee the next QB wont be injury prone. (Darnold Wentz etc)
I totally get what you're saying but the Jets have shit at WR, TE, RB and very little in the secondary with a mediocre OL aside from this years 1st round pick. You're putting Watson into a team with even less supporting cast and you're trading away a lot of capital to do it. I wouldn't fault them for doing the trade, just think there are better ways of building a team. And Fields so far this post season hasn't disappointed either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are the star QB is becoming increasingly frustrated with the organization and may be able to be had. For me, we win it all with the guy, so I'd give up whatever it takes (except Donald or Ramsey) to get him. What do y'all think?

It's not going to happen. We don't have the ammunition to get it done without crippling our team.

Even if there were no cap ramifications, Goff/Ramsey/Donald probably wouldn't even be enough for them, and it'd be too much for us.

You kidding? If the Texans were to turn down that deal, they're morons.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know who "Foolio" even is. I saw Deshaun's tweet Tuesday night. The trade talk started yesterday morning, because Watson talk to some players on Wednesday. The "credible" guys you speak of are reliable and arent using the words of some hack
Mike Florio: "Who's yur football Daddy?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally get what you're saying but the Jets have shit at WR, TE, RB and very little in the secondary with a mediocre OL aside from this years 1st round pick. You're putting Watson into a team with even less supporting cast and you're trading away a lot of capital to do it. I wouldn't fault them for doing the trade, just think there are better ways of building a team. And Fields so far this post season hasn't disappointed either.
Well, for sure they couldnt trade away all their chips, this year #2 overall carries a lot of weight, I really didnt think that thru. Look what the Eagles traded to move up to #2. I do think with a good coach, and a legit QB, the Jets could turn around real quick. The defense will be better with CJ Mosely back next year and that o-line has a lock down OLT, and played much better down the stretch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Florio: "Who's yur football Daddy?
Ahh.. Now I get it. Blue font or not, I thank you for clearing that up
Schefter and Rapp arent putting their reputation on that wannabe info. Plus this trade stuff was already being talked about on Wednesday. I found it odd yesterday that they were just announcing the signing of Caseiro when it was a done deal 2 days before

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Jets the coaching hire will drive the QB direction. If they go get an offensive type mind whatever he tells them wrt Darnold is the direction the team goes. Maybe that coach will think he can win with Darnold (IMO Darnold hasn't exactly had shit in his favor to develop or show what he can do). Maybe not. But if they do think Darnold can develop then we might see some shit like a trade down and a windfall of picks.

Best case scenario for NY would be that the QB they already drafted succeeds. Plus I'm gonna be really pissed as a USC fan if Darnold ends up in SF with Shanahan for a song and a dance.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I brought this up last year like to know how you guys feel about it now. More importantly what you think about one of my favourite rams to ever play comments.

oldnotdead

Legend
Believe it or not teams actually know how hard it is to find a franchise QB. Some people here seem like they don't. Watson gives them a proven QB to build around. Bad decisions by the FO, and HC is what is holding Houston back. We have seen what a difference in HC make with the arrival of McVay.

It wouldn't surprise me if they hired someone like the Ram's Ray Agnew as a GM. Then decide upon a HC to focus upon the scheme they want to implement. Team building is done from the top down.

Goff has proven he's good enough to get to and win the SB. What more do you want? That SB loss is on McVay. This year is on McVay because he simply got complacent and has rolled out the same damn scheme for the 3rd consecutive time. He ignored the obvious need to implement a power run game. His tired simplistic outside zone is filled with tells that the D's are beginning to see. I've pointed out some very obvious ones.

This team is 100% about finesse offensively. They simply don't know how to play smash-mouth when they have to. That is a coaching issue and once again you have to look at the o-line coaching under Kromer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say this was brought up in the Watson demands a trade thread but don't want to be too negative :)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watson is better. But we can't pull off a trade without gutting our team. It's a pipe dream.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'd say this was brought up in the Watson demands a trade thread but don't want to be too negative :)

I'm Sorry I didn't see it soon as I saw story came here with it. If so I'm sure mods know what to do.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I’d do it in a heartbeat. But what incentive would Houston need to want Goff?

That they only need him for a couple of years then they can cut him he still young and he is a good quarterback. He is also familiar with cooks.

Most importantly they have no first round picks. If the cannot secure a top 5 draft pick them they should look at it as an option.
Goff keeps them from a full rebuild and possibly viable for a couple of years or part ways the real question is how it could work assuming they did have interest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll cite a ton of conversations we had last year before the offseason in which some of us felt rebuilding the OL was critical since we had a QB who required good protections. Didn't happen. And then I and some others even ate some crow on that early this season when the OL was in fact better than anticipated. But in the end that unit is the one letting this team down. The OL has been our achilles heel down the stretch here.

And as expected the OL play has indeed affected our pocket QB.

Re: Isaac as a receiver he has that WR mentality so his take is not surprising to me. IMO what he is seeing is the QB not taking those downfield shots and thinking "go get that guy who will." It's a fair take given quite a bit of the film Goff has put up this season. But for the guys building the team it's about "can Goff return to 2018 form if we fix the OL" which is a different thought process entirely.

This is why it's so important the Rams give Jared that start IMO. He's making the check, the org invested in him, here we are in the playoffs, now go get it MFer. And if he struggles, well, we have a backup who can play so switch it up if necessary. Best case scenario for us is that Goff gets it done. It's what we should all be rooting for. But if not... That's the NFL man. Next guy up and all that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I brought this up last year like to know how you guys feel about it now. More importantly what you think about one of my favourite rams to ever play comments.

And in the next TMZ clip right after this one, he says that he'd start Wolford over Goff.