Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The timing of this is a bit much for me, seems all too convenient.
But on the other hand, I could see a scenario where he knew the shit was going to hit the fan and used the coaching/gm issue as a way out of dodge.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
done? Cmon. This is the nfl. We all saw Ty Hill play in the super bowl the last 2 years. And there was a tape there and serious abuse. This is civil filings only. I doubt there is even a suspension at this point.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A lot of sexual assault goes unreported but zero out of 22 is getting tough for me to believe

Yeah, it’s hard to get people to try to go against a wealthy and powerful person. Again, Harvey Weinstein and Jeffery Epstein serve as examples; there weren’t a lot of people who went against them, who reported it because they were rich, powerful, and, like any sexual assault, there was an element of shame.

Memento

Name
Jemma
done? Cmon. This is the nfl. We all saw Ty Hill play in the super bowl the last 2 years. And there was a tape there and serious abuse. This is civil filings only. I doubt there is even a suspension at this point.

If physical violence was all it took, Adrian Peterson would’ve never played again after he literally whipped the holy hell out of his four-year-old son.

Sexual assault - especially in this day and age - is considered a lot more serious. If the allegations against Watson are true, he won’t play again, and if I’m wrong, feel free to brag.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I bet he still gets 4 games. Conduct detrimental to the league or something.

Ellard80

Legend
if its true just goes to show you... a lot of people think they "know" someone when they really don't.

WestCoastRam

Legend
A lot of sexual assault goes unreported but zero out of 22 is getting tough for me to believe

Here, let me fix that for you. "MOST sexual assault goes unreported."

Again, I'm not saying he did it. However, with offending of this nature, it would be odd if it was only one or two people. Offenders often have done this dozens and dozens of times. I've worked with offenders for years with coercion of masseuses numbering near 1000 and not once was there a criminal complaint.

Let's let the process play out but amount of unreported sexual assault is mind blowing, so I get that it's hard to fathom.

Oddly enough, I hope the notoriety of this case actually begins a public discussion of this issue. Sadly, Krafts didn't but the saviness of his publicity machine probably played a role in that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
22 is a big group. If you wanted to make up some shit about someone that's way too many to do that with. You'd run great risk of someone blowing the party line during questioning. Just from that human nature perspective.

Not a good look.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Didn't they say the same thing as the Trump numbers continued to rise ?

The thing about serial offenders is that the numbers get so high that cognitive dissonance takes hold and one begins not to process the nature of the acts.

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine if they had traded him a month ago? Then all this comes out at the beginning of the new league year?
Do you void the trade before it comes official?

WestCoastRam

Legend

"Buzbee said that one of the masseuses was referred to Watson by a member of the Texans organization and another by his private quarterback coach Quincy Avery. He added that one of the accusations against Watson concerns an incident in the last month and that it happened after Watson was aware of the allegations being made against him."

Me: Oofph! This is gonna get ugly fast.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If physical violence was all it took, Adrian Peterson would’ve never played again after he literally whipped the holy hell out of his four-year-old son.

Sexual assault - especially in this day and age - is considered a lot more serious. If the allegations against Watson are true, he won’t play again, and if I’m wrong, feel free to brag.

I don’t like the NFL policy on any of this - but Ben Rothlisberger? Ted Rath? Without a criminal conviction, the NFL isn’t going to act. And do you think we will ever know if the allegations are true?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don’t like the NFL policy on any of this - but Ben Rothlisberger? Ted Rath? Without a criminal conviction, the NFL isn’t going to act. And do you think we will ever know if the allegations are true?

Roethlisberger was in a different era entirely, and he still got a six game suspension. Rath, to my knowledge, no longer has a job with the Rams.

And if twenty-two women are all claiming that Watson sexually assaulted them...well, it’s a pattern. This is basically how all of the powerful men who had sexual misconduct in the Me-Too era got taken down: first one, then a few more, then the dam breaks until there’s so many saying the same thing that people can’t call them all liars and gold-diggers.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roethlisberger was in a different era entirely, and he still got a six game suspension. Rath, to my knowledge, no longer has a job with the Rams.

And if twenty-two women are all claiming that Watson sexually assault...well, it’s a pattern. This is basically how all of the powerful men who had sexual misconduct in the Me-Too era got taken down: first one, then a few more, then the dam breaks until there’s so many saying the same thing that people can’t call them all liars and gold-diggers.

the irony is all these women are after his money.

not giving any judgement because none of us know what happened. just commenting on your last sentence.

Memento

Name
Jemma
the irony is all these women are after his money.

not giving any judgement because none of us know what happened. just commenting on your last sentence.

True. I don’t know what happened. I just see a pattern; a trend, if you will. That’s what happened to quite a few men - actors, film directors, billionaires, etc. - all of whom lost any goodwill their reputation beforehand gave them.

Status
Not open for further replies.