Deebo Abruptly Ends CBS Interview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Its possible they made the same mistake paying him like we did with Gurley. Bosa's gonna have to get paid now. With those contracts its gonna be hard to keep building the next couple years. Right now they're getting by with not having to pay premium quarterback money. But that is also what might prevent them from winning a championship.
Plus, once a player gets a big contract, some of them stop playing as hard

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Deebo went from over 1400 yards and 18.3 yards per catch in 2021 to 632 yards and 11.3 yards per catch in 2022. Being in the 49er market we get all their games aired here. I've seen quite a few of his games.

To be honest, he didn't quite look the same last year as he did the year before. I didn't see the same explosiveness. Maybe he was battling injuries? He played a couple less games last year.

Or maybe he's already on the decline. If he doesn't get those yards after catch he used to, he becomes a very average receiver. A very high paid average receiver. We'll see how things play out for him this year. But I don't see him having another season like 2021.

Agree 100%. He might not even be an “average” WR. He doesn’t run a very diverse route tree. He is, however, used as a diverse weapon. Getting somebody that big and fast in space can be a headache for defenses.

When he starts to lose that stampeding bruiser affect, he will become an overpaid albatross for the 9ers. SJ39 used to be one of the highest producing YAC (yards after contact) players in the league. When THAT number started to drop…so went his career. He couldn’t intimidate players into “business decisions” as frequently.

Bottom line:
The 9ers are damn fortunate for not having to pay a real QB salary right now; otherwise, that deebo contract would be a lot more concerning when FA hits after this season. What really sucks is it will allow them to re-sign bosa without having to make too many hard collateral decisions.

Edit:
Oops. I just saw your second post, basically saying everything I just did in this one.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Maybe he's scared now after Nick Scott knocked the sh*t out of him? :laugh4:

It’s not that far fetched. Players get rocked one too many times and they start preparing to GET hit instead of LOOKING to hit. Once deebo starts making THAT business decision, he’s on the way out because that’s his game. He isn’t polished enough to make it as a “mainstream WR.”

Remember during his contract talks, when he was unhappy about his “usage” and wanted to make sure he was paid as a WR? He voiced his displeasure with all of the carries. Maybe he was starting to feel it and wanted less contact, limiting his RB touches.

Kudos, Mr Scott. An all time hit.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Bottom line:
The 9ers are damn fortunate for not having to pay a real QB salary right now; otherwise, that deebo contract would be a lot more concerning when FA hits after this season. What really sucks is it will allow them to re-sign bosa without having to make too many hard collateral decisions.

The beauty is that they don't have a real proven QB right now. Stafford at QB with the whiners would have been SB champs.

Purdy is a nice kid but he looks like a younger version of Garappolo, in my opinion.