CAMP REPORT Day One ROD camp reports Jul 25

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sam and Dale LMU 7-25-24.JPG

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was a long day, got there early, had to wait in line for the gate to open 2 hours. Only one field for fans, Stands on just one side, no goal posts, They were on the baseball field behind the stands and no fan access. Defense did work there we couldn't see. No shade. Not very fan friendly IMHO.
Stafford was the first player to come out, All out stretching, some wierd calisthenics then they grouped up by position at various parts of the field. We had QB's and WR's in front of us, QB's taking snaps from a coach, WR's going out 15 yds for a pass. They did this several times and in pecking order, Kupp then Nacua, Robinson, TuTu, Tyler Johnson, Xavier Smith, Wittington and Wiglusz. I believe that's the current depth at WR. Players in shorts and shells.
QB's practiced handing off to RB's, Williams first then Corum, Rivers and Evans. Boston Scott didn't participate. In fact, I don't think he did anything in 11 on 11 or 7 on 7 drills.
OL on one end of field, LB's and DB's on another doing drills. Defense was on baseball field out of view. after about an hour they came back and started the good stuff, 11 on 11 scrimmages. Surprised that they went 1st team O on 1st team D.
1st team OL: Aleric Jackson LT, Jonah Jackson LG, Avila C, Dotson RG, Havenstien RT.
1st team DL: Byron Young LDE, Fiske DT, Brown DT, Tyler Davis DT, Verse RDE. They started this way but they interchaged and shuffed guys around a lot.
2nd team OL: Zach Thomas LT, Mike McAllister LG, Beaux Limmer C, Logan Bruss RG, Joe Noteboom RT. McClendon played some LT
2nd team DL: Nick Hampton LDE, Michael Hoecht DT, Tyler Davis DT, Cory Druden NT, Brenen Jackson RDE. 2nd team DL changed a lot. same with the backfield. Think they're trying to figure out who is best where.
The offense switched from 1st team to 2nd team and didn't change personel much. Stetson Bennett never got on the field. They scrimmaged for a little over an hour. with some pretty good effort by both sides.
Stafford, Kupp, Nacua are locked in. Williams is clearly #1 RB, Corum then Rivers all got involved and did well.
TE's stood out. Hunter Long, Colby Parkinson and Davis Allen all made plays. Parkinson can block.
Safety is deep. JJ3rd, Lake and especially Kareem Curl, who made a spectacular breakup coming all the way accross the field to deny Kupp.
Players that stood out to me today, Tyler Johnson gets open and catches everything. Cobie Durrant had good coverage. Curl is a steal. Rams backfield looks good. Verse is fast. He beat Aleric Jackson a few time. OL 1st team was unmovable today.

All in all a spirited practice. Players were balling, coaches were in thier ear. I'm not worried about the offense. I'm worried about the D stopping the run. Rams DL just looks light. Still a long way to go.

Early practice tomorrow, only an hour. Hope they cover special teams. Will post a report.

Good night.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Nice summary! Did you catch the Braden Fiske vs Avila matchup? Someone tweeted that Fiske got the best of Avila a few times.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice summary! Did you catch the Braden Fiske vs Avila matchup? Someone tweeted that Fiske got the best of Avila a few times.
You can see some of it in the photos I took. The D line I thought looked really good! Verse is quick of the ball.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here are some of the photos I took today.

Link to Google Photos

Rams Camp Day 1
From looking at your photos...

Blake Larson is one big bastid. He's AJ sized.

What a drag to see the stands, compared to how the Rams had built things up at the other site. Ouch.

Get that head around Darious!

If that was a game I'd guess Verse would have had a couple sacks.

Thanks for those my man. :thumbsup1:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Was a long day, got there early, had to wait in line for the gate to open 2 hours. Only one field for fans, Stands on just one side, no goal posts, They were on the baseball field behind the stands and no fan access. Defense did work there we couldn't see. No shade. Not very fan friendly IMHO.
Stafford was the first player to come out, All out stretching, some wierd calisthenics then they grouped up by position at various parts of the field. We had QB's and WR's in front of us, QB's taking snaps from a coach, WR's going out 15 yds for a pass. They did this several times and in pecking order, Kupp then Nacua, Robinson, TuTu, Tyler Johnson, Xavier Smith, Wittington and Wiglusz. I believe that's the current depth at WR. Players in shorts and shells.
QB's practiced handing off to RB's, Williams first then Corum, Rivers and Evans. Boston Scott didn't participate. In fact, I don't think he did anything in 11 on 11 or 7 on 7 drills.
OL on one end of field, LB's and DB's on another doing drills. Defense was on baseball field out of view. after about an hour they came back and started the good stuff, 11 on 11 scrimmages. Surprised that they went 1st team O on 1st team D.
1st team OL: Aleric Jackson LT, Jonah Jackson LG, Avila C, Dotson RG, Havenstien RT.
1st team DL: Byron Young LDE, Fiske DT, Brown DT, Tyler Davis DT, Verse RDE. They started this way but they interchaged and shuffed guys around a lot.
2nd team OL: Zach Thomas LT, Mike McAllister LG, Beaux Limmer C, Logan Bruss RG, Joe Noteboom RT. McClendon played some LT
2nd team DL: Nick Hampton LDE, Michael Hoecht DT, Tyler Davis DT, Cory Druden NT, Brenen Jackson RDE. 2nd team DL changed a lot. same with the backfield. Think they're trying to figure out who is best where.
The offense switched from 1st team to 2nd team and didn't change personel much. Stetson Bennett never got on the field. They scrimmaged for a little over an hour. with some pretty good effort by both sides.
Stafford, Kupp, Nacua are locked in. Williams is clearly #1 RB, Corum then Rivers all got involved and did well.
TE's stood out. Hunter Long, Colby Parkinson and Davis Allen all made plays. Parkinson can block.
Safety is deep. JJ3rd, Lake and especially Kareem Curl, who made a spectacular breakup coming all the way accross the field to deny Kupp.
Players that stood out to me today, Tyler Johnson gets open and catches everything. Cobie Durrant had good coverage. Curl is a steal. Rams backfield looks good. Verse is fast. He beat Aleric Jackson a few time. OL 1st team was unmovable today.

All in all a spirited practice. Players were balling, coaches were in thier ear. I'm not worried about the offense. I'm worried about the D stopping the run. Rams DL just looks light. Still a long way to go.

Early practice tomorrow, only an hour. Hope they cover special teams. Will post a report.

Good night.
Thanks

Hoecht lining up at DT with the 2nd squad may mean he's going to be higher in the rotation on the Dline than on the edge. I like that.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
You can see some of it in the photos I took. The D line I thought looked really good! Verse is quick of the ball.
Great pics Vet! Looks like Fiske was being held up at the line on most plays, Verse looked like he got in the backfield a couple of times Though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Unbelievable really. NO AC? Is that supposed to make it more like a boot camp? Hell, I had AC in boot camp. Of course, that was USAF in San Antonio but damn.

I scored 4 TDs on Lackland (in their house) when I played for Fort Sam Houston.

Imagine me saying that in my best Al Bundy voice. Haha.

I really did though. And we kicked their asses of course.

Weird thing happened that summer after. I was flying alone down to FL and there was another kid my age flying alone on the same flight... so they sat us together on the plane. Back then, the airlines gave a fuck. That kid turned out to be the QB for Lackland and he remembered me from the game. 3 of my scores were on offense (RB), but the 4th was a pick 6 because I played safety too. He remembered me because I talked so much shit to him throughout the game. LOLOLOLOL. It's a small world.

GO ARMY

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I used to stay in the dorms in UCLA when bringing in groups for summer activities.
No AC.
No AC in the desert on a horse with no name when deployed, however, seems like I have always been blessed with Central Air even in NY & Ohio plus other States during my military days.

I guess @Loyal has been right all these years, in my High School, we used to beat each other up with our cashmere sweaters.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No AC in the desert on a horse with no name when deployed, however, seems like I have always been blessed with Central Air even in NY & Ohio plus other States during my military days.

I guess @Loyal has been right all these years, in my High School, we used to beat each other up with our cashmere sweaters.
"Egad, Sir. The brutality of a cashmere sweater beating is not to be discounted!" ~ Charles Emerson Winchester III